Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me personally I would pretend that is trueAh I see, was wondering if it was binding in the sense that if other schools found out you sent a letter of intent elsewhere, they would rescind you lol
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Me personally I would pretend that is trueAh I see, was wondering if it was binding in the sense that if other schools found out you sent a letter of intent elsewhere, they would rescind you lol
Full transparency is always best. i dont it will hurt at all you to emailOkay I'm freaking out a little and need some advice! I was looking over my secondary again and realized I clicked "No" to the question asking if we had applied previously to the Icahn MD or MD/PhD program INCLUDING an early assurance program. I didn't realize at the time that the FlexMed program counted as an early assurance program (dumb now that I'm thinking about it) and I applied to it in college. I got an II but I'm not sure if this is something that will come back to bite me later when they're reviewing more closely. Do I email the school and let them know?
Congrats!! When were you complete?OOS II 🙂
congratulations!! when were you complete?OOS II
around 7/7 iirccongratulations!! when were you complete?
OOS II, complete first week of august!
no tips but i am too! see you thereinterviewing tomorrow 🙂 any tips or detail of your interview experience would be much appreciated!
You're having a field day!!! YewwwwIS II, LM 72-73, Completed 7/25. I think I'm dreaming at this point.
No honestly. Before I applied to so many reaches, some people were telling me that it might be a really bad idea because of my low stats. And that really scared me because I thought I was just throwing money away for free. But it just goes to show that you actually have to shoot your shot. It's insane and I really really am grateful. It's not just stats folks!You're having a field day!!! Yewwww
IS II, LM 72-73, Completed 7/25. I think I'm dreaming at this point.
They're flooded today so they might be a little preoccupied. Expect it on Monday after the rain cools downwhere my ii
@toastedbutter help
I had an issue with my file format, I think it has to be JPEG - and Safari ended up working for me.Anyone else unable to upload the photo/license? I've tried Firefox, Safari, and Chrome
Congratulations!! Also what is MSTP?MSTP II !! 🙂
Medical Scientist Training ProgramCongratulations!! Also what is MSTP?
Can I ask when you were completed?MSTP II !! 🙂
I get this feeling, I wanna be where you arearound 7/7 iirc
i was complete 7/23!Can I ask when you were completed?
I got this too and thought the same thing. I honestly have no ideaHaven't received an II but did get a invitation for a MSTP info session for the specific MTA I indicated.
Anyone else? Wondering if this a good sign or if they're just sending this to everyone who applied MD/PhD lol
Definitely would not update. If anything, I'd maybe write a letter of interest later in the cycle of you decide they're a top choice and you can mention you first heard about the school from xyz legacy and that's what started your interest. I've done that for other schools where I say one of my mentors or a doctor I worked under went somewhere and had a great experience which is where I first started to learn about your program.Does legacy status mean anything to this school? And if so how would I go about letting them know about this, would this be grounds for an update letter?
Yea definitely not my first choice, applied bc said legacy wanted me to but I don’t have the stats, thanks for the detailed response!!Definitely would not update. If anything, I'd maybe write a letter of interest later in the cycle of you decide they're a top choice and you can mention you first heard about the school from xyz legacy and that's what started your interest. I've done that for other schools where I say one of my mentors or a doctor I worked under went somewhere and had a great experience which is where I first started to learn about your program.
Hmm. In that case if later in the cycle you do have something substantial to update with (new job, paper accepted or something) you can blend that with a mini statement of interest that spends just a few sentences elaborating on some aspects of the program you like and that you first learned about it from said legacy. But it sounds like you're not super invested in them so it doesn't even matter much hahaYea definitely not my first choice, applied bc said legacy wanted me to but I don’t have the stats, thanks for the detailed response!!
Yea might do that in the new calendar year! Appreciate the advice, I’d love to go here but I think it’d be a miracle with my app 😭Hmm. In that case if later in the cycle you do have something substantial to update with (new job, paper accepted or something) you can blend that with a mini statement of interest that spends just a few sentences elaborating on some aspects of the program you like and that you first learned about it from said legacy. But it sounds like you're not super invested in them so it doesn't even matter much haha
Update letter with a couple sentences of interest can't hurt. You never know. Best of luck!Yea might do that in the new calendar year! Appreciate the advice, I’d love to go here but I think it’d be a miracle with my app 😭
Completion date?+1 IS II LM 73-75
8/15-8/19Completion date?
Congrats! How far out are they scheduling?+1 IS II LM 73-75
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.