You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
^^^pls lord....
Crying in being complete in early JulyOOS II! Complete 10/28
2 dates available first week of Jan
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Crying in being complete in early July
Me too [emoji22]
Thank you! I got it over an hour ago.Congrats!! Just now or earlier?
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?Thank you! I got it over an hour ago.
jimmytherockstar
Full Member
lord i have seen what you've done for others... wat about me 🙏
LM 73!Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?
Pre-II R. Complete 8/19
Where and how did you send it?I have recently sent an Letter of Interest and I will send an update letter once my publication is fully published. I really think I am a good match for this school. Is there anything else I might be missing? I have already interviewed
Drainnn
Full Member
I uploaded into the portal, that is how I was told to do it.Where and how did you send it?
Anyone know when this January decision wave is coming exactly
Edit: I scoured the past couple years and it looks like it's the 3rd Friday of Jan for the first wave (Jan 14th 2022, Jan 20th 2023) ...and now we just pray...........
MSAR says earliest decision date is Jan 19 which falls on that trend you described, so I think it’s safe to say that’s the day they’re going with
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they have multiple A and R waves?
They have multiple R waves and I'm guessing they have multiple A waves since they are rollingDo they have multiple A and R waves?
Does anyone remember when they said post-II decisions would be out? I see 1/19 floating around is this confirmed?
Would anyone happen to have some info on when the committee meets for the initial round of decisions this month? I know decisions come out third week of Jan usually but more specifically Im wondering when they meet. I want to submit a LOI but I have an update that won’t be confirmed until the end of the week. So Im wondering if I should wait or send without the update.
I remember hearing mid Jan is the day they release decisions! So I imagine they meet throughout this week and next week.Would anyone happen to have some info on when the committee meets for the initial round of decisions this month? I know decisions come out third week of Jan usually but more specifically Im wondering when they meet. I want to submit a LOI but I have an update that won’t be confirmed until the end of the week. So Im wondering if I should wait or send without the update.
spicy_lemon76
Full Member
+1 II (LM 69/70) OOS but in NYC now
Congrats!!! Did you send any updates or anything+1 II (LM 69/70) OOS but in NYC now
Congrats!! When are they scheduling to?+1 II (LM 69/70) OOS but in NYC now
spicy_lemon76
Full Member
Congrats!! When are they scheduling to?
Asap! there were dates for next week and the following 2 - that’s all i saw
Congrats!!! Did you send any updates or anything
no updates or any follow ups!
z123456789
Full Member
Complete in July... radio silence... any chance for II?
Complete in July... radio silence... any chance for II?
Sameee :/
diabolicalbiologist
Full Member
Did you get it just now?! Congrats!OOS II! Submitted 7/10
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! How far out are they scheduling?OOS II! Submitted 7/10
Is it worth it to send an update letter? I interviewed in september so my fate will prob be handed to me first round on Jan 19th. Know its prob a bit late but does anyone have any insight on when the meet to decide? ty
MambaDoc
Full Member
Thank you! The only date available for me was 1/24.Congrats! How far out are they scheduling?
boomchickapow
Full Member
does anyone know when they schedule interview through?
Not sure when the date of their last interview is specifically, but if you check last year’s thread, they continue to send IIs safely until the end of January.does anyone know when they schedule interview through?
a2zed
Full Member
I would! Idt it can hurt - I sent one in mid December and received an II <2 weeks laterIs it worth it to send an update letter? I interviewed in september so my fate will prob be handed to me first round on Jan 19th. Know its prob a bit late but does anyone have any insight on when the meet to decide? ty
Did you upload yours to the portal or send it via email?I would! Idt it can hurt - I sent one in mid December and received an II <2 weeks later
pleasantpeanut4
Full Member
Is it worth sending a pre-II letter of interest if I don’t really have any updates since I applied?
a2zed
Full Member
i uploaded to portal and then just notified them via emailDid you upload yours to the portal or send it via email?
If you took notes during the interview, do you mind sending them to me via DM? I'd really appreciate your help.
I am a FlexMed student who will be matriculating this year, and I feel like FlexMed students have not received up to date info on the school as we had interviewed 2 years ago.
I am a FlexMed student who will be matriculating this year, and I feel like FlexMed students have not received up to date info on the school as we had interviewed 2 years ago.
I'm going to keep it a buck with you. The chances that anyone took notes during the interview are slim to none.If you took notes during the interview, do you mind sending them to me via DM? I'd really appreciate your help.
I am a FlexMed student who will be matriculating this year, and I feel like FlexMed students have not received up to date info on the school as we had interviewed 2 years ago.
Agree with Gugs above. Best bet is to use LinkedIn to connect with current MS1sIf you took notes during the interview, do you mind sending them to me via DM? I'd really appreciate your help.
I am a FlexMed student who will be matriculating this year, and I feel like FlexMed students have not received up to date info on the school as we had interviewed 2 years ago.
luckycharms!
Full Member
yeahh i think soAre we thinking this Friday being the first round of As?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The new curriculum is set to roll out in fall 2024, and based on the bits and pieces I've gathered, the new curriculum will be very different from the current one. I've been in touch with current students but they're not in the know about the new curriculum unfortunately.Agree with Gugs above. Best bet is to use LinkedIn to connect with current MS1s
Big week for annoying people (me)
waiting_game123
New Member
Does anyone know how they gave acceptances in the past (call or email)?
email!Does anyone know how they gave acceptances in the past (call or email)?
D
deleted1143918
anyone have a clue if a letter of interest sent today would affect Friday decisions (or if they even care about letters of interest at all)?