You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II just now submitted 7/3!
Glad to know it’s never to late haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oatmilkplease
Full Member
pls icahnnnnn 🙏 y'all reckon its too early to send update letter/LOI?
OOS II!! LM 73, complete 7/11. This has been my dream school so excited
JukeBoxHeroo
Full Member
+1 OOS II!! Complete mid July!
JukeBoxHeroo
Full Member
Also for everyone who got the II, I was wondering if you got a confirmation email after? I just scheduled my day but haven't received a confirmation.
imo updates and short statement of interest now, and then letter of intent in early spring (Assuming you don't hear back in the December batch)I’ve interviewed at a couple places (some T20, some not) and still really feel committed to Icahn :’) I interviewed back in September, how soon can I send a letter of intent without coming off disingenuous?
D
deleted1143918
I'm not planning to send an LOI to Icahn specifically but I'm planning to wait til Jan/early Feb after the interview season for most of the schools I care about is basically over.I’ve interviewed at a couple places (some T20, some not) and still really feel committed to Icahn :’) I interviewed back in September, how soon can I send a letter of intent without coming off disingenuous?
No confirmation for meAlso for everyone who got the II, I was wondering if you got a confirmation email after? I just scheduled my day but haven't received a confirmation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1.No confirmation for me
If you go to the interview tab on the website it should say the date you chose @JukeBoxHeroo . I think that’s their confirmation
it just says “your application is complete”Congratulations to all who received II today!Did Sinai update your status in the portal along the way (i.e. under review)? Best of luck!
boomchickapow
Full Member
submitted my application on 7/7 and after the interview wave yesterday - i'm losing hope
mickeymice
Full Member
II IS. Stats in signature. Complete 7/12, sent an update last week. 🙂
letthemusicplay
New Member
Was your update something meaningful?
mickeymice
Full Member
Yes, had some research and work related updates that I thought were meaningful, some posters and presentations accepted.Was your update something meaningful?
It could easily have nothing to do with the II though, no clue.
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Did you email them the update or just upload to the portal?Yes, had some research and work related updates that I thought were meaningful, some posters and presentations accepted.
It could easily have nothing to do with the II though, no clue.
mickeymice
Full Member
Just the portal.Did you email them the update or just upload to the portal?
Anyone else get a research related email? Scared me so bad haha
GodFirst07
Full Member
Could you please share completion date if you're willing?+ 1 OOS II earlier this evening
Sure! I was complete during the first week of July.Could you please share completion date if you're willing?
Congrats!! When are they scheduling out to?II just now, complete 9/11
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jellybean121
Full Member
anyone complete mid-aug OOS hear anything?
D
deleted1139705
Just the voices in my head.anyone complete mid-aug OOS hear anything?
Thanks! Spots open on 11/29 and 12/1. Interviews continue until February so they'll open more as time goes on.Congrats!! When are they scheduling out to?
Bro you about to get flooded with IIs I can feel it.II just now, complete 9/11
wondering this toowhen does icahn do pre ii r?
In the 2021-2022 cycle, I got a pre-II R in February.when does icahn do pre ii r?
boomchickapow
Full Member
does anyone have any idea how far through the cycle they sent IIs? have the majority gone out at this point?
does anyone have any idea how far through the cycle they sent IIs? have the majority gone out at this point?
Their website says interview season ends in February and someone with a recent II on here mentioned they could schedule their interview into 12/1. So probably two more months of IIs to come.
glickmaster2000
Full Member
+1 OOS II, complete mid july
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Congrats!! How far out are they scheduling interviews?+1 OOS II, complete mid july
girlonamission11
Full Member
do you mind sharing your stats? also, did you send an update letter or anything?+1 OOS II, complete mid july
What is the post-II A rate here? I saw on MSAR they interview 700+ people with only 120 seats - not including all of the FlexMed matriculants for the given year? So I would imagine extremely low
I believe the 700 number includes those who interviewed for FlexMed. I found around ~35% onlineWhat is the post-II A rate here? I saw on MSAR they interview 700+ people with only 120 seats - not including all of the FlexMed matriculants for the given year? So I would imagine extremely low
glickmaster2000
Full Member
Not too far, I scheduled in December!Congrats!! How far out are they scheduling interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
glickmaster2000
Full Member
PM!do you mind sharing your stats? also, did you send an update letter or anything?
For those of you who've interviewed, has Sinai talked about its new curriculum change (starting class of 2028)?
I have heard rumors that cadaver dissections are being done away with, admin is considering adopting NBME preclinical exams rather than house-based ones, and that there is a possibility clerkship year may become true P/F. If profs/admin in your interviews have mentioned anything regarding these or the new curriculum, please post it here!
I have heard rumors that cadaver dissections are being done away with, admin is considering adopting NBME preclinical exams rather than house-based ones, and that there is a possibility clerkship year may become true P/F. If profs/admin in your interviews have mentioned anything regarding these or the new curriculum, please post it here!
Don’t remember hearing anything about cadaver dissections being done with (they still could’ve mentioned it though). They did mention a whole bunch of ways they were trying to align the curriculum with Step which was very nice to hear. I also don’t remember hearing about true P/F clerkships, but I do remember hearing that sometime recently they did get rid of forced ranking/forced distribution grading for clerkships.For those of you who've interviewed, has Sinai talked about its new curriculum change (starting class of 2028)?
I have heard rumors that cadaver dissections are being done away with, admin is considering adopting NBME preclinical exams rather than house-based ones, and that there is a possibility clerkship year may become true P/F. If profs/admin in your interviews have mentioned anything regarding these or the new curriculum, please post it here!
soccercity15
Full Member
I think a white neutral background is preferable to outside but at the end of the day no one is going to reject or admit you based on your photo. As long as the background isn't distracting you should be fine.Anybody know how strict they are with the photo? Sinai says "plain background", and I took mine outside. I can't imagine it really matters at the end of the day but any thoughts?
luckycharms!
Full Member
ii, i could cry 😭 my dream school!!
Did Sinai update your status in the portal along the way (i.e. under review)? Best of luck!