2023-2024 Nova Southeastern (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
During the session, the dean said 6 MMI stations which may have changed from previous years. If I remember correctly, he specifically said no 1 on 1 interview as they already know and like our general application and believe they can assess our personality and fit better through MMI.
I remember the MMI details they gave during the Q&A, but I must have missed it when he talked about there being no 1 on 1 interview. Thanks for the info! Did they specify if there would be a PBL component and I just missed that too, or is it unknown? I figured when they sent the email with the zoom link it would include more interview details, but I haven't heard back from them at all and may (or may not if I don't get a link at all) be interviewing on Monday so I'm getting nervous 😅

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember the MMI details they gave during the Q&A, but I must have missed it when he talked about there being no 1 on 1 interview. Thanks for the info! Did they specify if there would be a PBL component and I just missed that too, or is it unknown? I figured when they sent the email with the zoom link it would include more interview details, but I haven't heard back from them at all and may (or may not if I don't get a link at all) be interviewing on Monday so I'm getting nervous 😅
I don't think they mentioned PBL specifically but I may be wrong there. I am (or may be depending on receiving the link) interviewing on Monday too so I 100% feel you :) Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I don't think they mentioned PBL specifically but I may be wrong there. I am (or may be depending on receiving the link) interviewing on Monday too so I 100% feel you :) Best of luck!
do we know what happens if we do not receive the link in time for our interview?

Has anyone received the interview zoom link without emailing them? Or has emailed them since Friday and received a response?

I called them this morning and they told me that if you have not received a link, your chosen timeslot was full and they will reach out with a new date and time shortly.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email saying I have to wait for an email with my interview date.

Does anyone know if this school isn't rolling admission? They said they would let us know the interview results in February.

Does anyone know if this school isn't rolling admission? They said they would let us know the interview results in February.
Where did they say that? During the path prep zoom I thought they showed an old PowerPoint slide that said we’d hear back in something like 8 weeks, but then they followed that by saying they are interviewing more people this year and it may take them longer than usual to send out decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did they say that? During the path prep zoom I thought they showed an old PowerPoint slide that said we’d hear back in something like 8 weeks, but then they followed that by saying they are interviewing more people this year and it may take them longer than usual to send out decisions.
After my interview they said the earliest is next semester and I was surprised because last years page shows acceptances in October

Hi guys! For those who interviewed today, how did it go? Any tips? How was the vibe? I have mine scheduled for Friday and I’ve been stressing and prepping like a lunatic.

Same here. Attended 9/27 info session, selected 10/02 as my interview date when I registered, but haven’t heard anything and don’t have a link for the interview zoom session 🥲 side note - does anyone know what the format of their interview day will be? For some reason I thought it was 1 on 1 and a PBL, but everyone was asking about only MMI during the info session?
Hi! Congrats on the interview and I hope it went well :) Would you mind sharing the format/your thoughts?

Has anyone received their new updated interview time yet? I know there was a lot of rescheduling

Has anyone with a 10/6 morning interview received a conformation yet? Also, did those of you who have already interviewed get your link the day before?

I received an update email but it just said that I should wait for an official email...my interview is on Friday so I don't know when to expect an update with the Zoom Link though.

Did anyone confirm their interview and then not get an interview link on Monday? If you did get the link, did you receive it the day of? Stressing out here

Hi guys! For those who interviewed today, how did it go? Any tips? How was the vibe? I have mine scheduled for Friday and I’ve been stressing and prepping like a lunatic.
I honestly think there isnt much you can prepare, it was very casper style. I had I think 5-6 MMi stations and each interviewer was different. Most of mine were really nice but it really does depend on the person how or if they react to your answer. They may ask followups if you have time left in the station but it goes by pretty fast.

Reactions: 3 users
I honestly think there isnt much you can prepare, it was very casper style. I had I think 5-6 MMi stations and each interviewer was different. Most of mine were really nice but it really does depend on the person how or if they react to your answer. They may ask followups if you have time left in the station but it goes by pretty fast.
Awesome, good to know!! Thanks!! Congrats on completing your interview. One last question, could you use a pen and paper?

Did anyone confirm their interview and then not get an interview link on Monday? If you did get the link, did you receive it the day of? Stressing out here
i got mine the day before my interview around 2 pm

For those that have interviewed, would you say the MMI-style questions are more scenario based or more-so questions about us? I’m stressed on how to prepare for this interview/if it is possible to even prepare for the types of questions they ask.

wait so im confused i just a pathways email. is that an interview? or do i go there and signup for an interview?

anyone get the pathway prep email for nova?

Reactions: 3 users
That’s basically your interview invite (congrats!!).

It’s a mandatory information session where they talk about their program. Your interview will be scheduled after you attend the Pathways session, though when I got the email they gave a link for you to choose your preferred interview date. Not sure if that changed for the next wave
r u sure? It doesn't say it is mandatory or mention anything about an interview

That’s basically your interview invite (congrats!!).

It’s a mandatory information session where they talk about their program. Your interview will be scheduled after you attend the Pathways session, though when I got the email they gave a link for you to choose your preferred interview date. Not sure if that changed for the next wave
yeah there doesn’t seem to be a link there just a zoom link to signup for the zoom sesh, but i hope its a II 😭

Omg really??? I will start crying tears of joy
r u sure? It doesn't say it is mandatory or mention anything about an interview

Oh the message is different? I take back what I said please don’t take my word and get excited. 😭 When they sent the first wave though, they basically invited to the session and also said that we would be interviewed. I don’t know what the new message says so never mind. Sorry guys

im trying to call the office but nobody’s answering

Oh the message is different? I take back what I said please don’t take my word and get excited. 😭 When they sent the first wave though, they basically invited to the session and also said that we would be interviewed. I don’t know what the new message says so never mind. Sorry guys
what was the session like? were they engaging with prospective students or was it just an info session

It seems like some kind of masters / linkage program

• Hmm
Those who attended a previous session of the pathways program, were people dressed in suits? Was it sheerly an info session or was it more interview like / conversational?

Reactions: 2 users
i mean i don’t care about the session, i just wanna know if we will be able to signup for an interview there? or was that link supposed to be in the email

Did y’all all get confirmation emails when your app was complete? Or some sort of link to a portal? I haven’t gotten any info session emails :(

Did y’all all get confirmation emails when your app was complete? Or some sort of link to a portal? I haven’t gotten any info session emails :(
literally nothing. kinda mad ab this just let us know if its an II 😭

Just got the Path Prep email for 10/17 at 3:30pm… I mean if it’s by invite only must be a good thing?! I just want that II 🥲

the line in the email that says the program is designed to give "tips on improving your candidacy"
yeah that part did throw me off. I dont get why there is nothing online, not even their website, about this "program"

yeah that part did throw me off. I dont get why there is nothing online, not even their website, about this "program"
I saw for the osteopathic school there's a program that looks similar where it essentially guarantees admission if you do the program. Maybe this is the equivalent for the allopathic school.

I'm also confused about this Pathway Prep thing, does it mean we will receive an interview? For those who didn't receive (or already had your interview), this is what we were sent:
---------------
Thank you for your application to Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine (NSU MD). We are thrilled about your interest. I am writing to extend a cordial invitation to attend an upcoming virtual session of our Pathway Preparatory Program (“Path Prep”) where you can learn more about our esteemed medical school.

This is a step of the admissions process for you to have an opportunity to learn more about our program and to get a preview of becoming a Shark! This session is by invitation only and your application was selected to attend.

Path Prep is designed to help you learn about our curriculum, gain insights into the medical field, and tips on improving your candidacy. Path Prep will be an invaluable resource in your journey towards medical school.

If you wish to register for Path Prep please see the link below. If you previously attended, you may attend again should you need to hear the information again.

Path Prep Details (included link to register)

We understand that this is an exciting yet challenging endeavor, and we are here to support you every step of the way. If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact our admissions team at [email protected].

We are eager to get to know you better and explore your interest in being a future Shark. Thank you for considering our program, and we look forward to meeting you.
---------------
Is this what those of you who received a concurrent II were sent?

I'm also confused about this Pathway Prep thing, does it mean we will receive an interview? For those who didn't receive (or already had your interview), this is what we were sent:
---------------
Thank you for your application to Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine (NSU MD). We are thrilled about your interest. I am writing to extend a cordial invitation to attend an upcoming virtual session of our Pathway Preparatory Program (“Path Prep”) where you can learn more about our esteemed medical school.

This is a step of the admissions process for you to have an opportunity to learn more about our program and to get a preview of becoming a Shark! This session is by invitation only and your application was selected to attend.

Path Prep is designed to help you learn about our curriculum, gain insights into the medical field, and tips on improving your candidacy. Path Prep will be an invaluable resource in your journey towards medical school.

If you wish to register for Path Prep please see the link below. If you previously attended, you may attend again should you need to hear the information again.

Path Prep Details (included link to register)

We understand that this is an exciting yet challenging endeavor, and we are here to support you every step of the way. If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact our admissions team at [email protected].

We are eager to get to know you better and explore your interest in being a future Shark. Thank you for considering our program, and we look forward to meeting you.
---------------
Is this what those of you who received a concurrent II were sent?
Yeah the message they sent to the earlier wave was definitely different.

"We are thrilled to inform you that you have successfully progressed to the next stage of the admissions process for our esteemed Medical School program at Nova Southeatern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine (NSU MD). Your dedication and achievements have impressed our admissions committee thus far, and we believe you have the potential to excel in our rigorous program.

Before your interview, please attend the mandatory one hour Pathway Prepatory Program. This preparatory informational session is designed to help you familiarize yourself with our curriculum, gain insights into the medical field, and better prepare for your interview. The "Path Prep" will be an invaluable resource in your journey towards medical school. You must attend this session to guarantee access to interview day. If you wish to secure your interview seat, please register for Path Prep below. Failure to attend or respond will serve as your intent to decline your interview offer, thus withdrawal of your application."

Reactions: 2 users

"We are thrilled to inform you that you have successfully progressed to the next stage of the admissions process for our esteemed Medical School program at Nova Southeatern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine (NSU MD). Your dedication and achievements have impressed our admissions committee thus far, and we believe you have the potential to excel in our rigorous program.

Before your interview, please attend the mandatory one hour Pathway Prepatory Program. This preparatory informational session is designed to help you familiarize yourself with our curriculum, gain insights into the medical field, and better prepare for your interview. The "Path Prep" will be an invaluable resource in your journey towards medical school. You must attend this session to guarantee access to interview day. If you wish to secure your interview seat, please register for Path Prep below. Failure to attend or respond will serve as your intent to decline your interview offer, thus withdrawal of your application."
welp

Welp x 2 lol

Just for transparency, from that "first round" of interview invites, there were something like 280 students present at our info session. MSAR says they interview around 350 students total. It may be that they have already selected their "main pool" of interviewees, and are using this later info session to gauge what other II's to give out. This is just speculation tho.