2023-2024 NYU - Long Island

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS II today! For the passport style photo, does that mean we should have a neutral expression? Or if it's against a white background but I'm smiling do you guys think that's ok?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know if a hold is pretty much a soft R? there is already such a low acceptance rate that it makes me think there is virtually no chance if on hold instead of final pool (i'm in obgyn too....)
 
Hi! Does anyone have any tips for the mmi? I have only done a one-way mmi before not a two-way. Do we get to take notes? Will we be in our own “room” while the prompt is shown before entering the room with the interviewer?
 
Hi! Does anyone have any tips for the mmi? I have only done a one-way mmi before not a two-way. Do we get to take notes? Will we be in our own “room” while the prompt is shown before entering the room with the interviewer?
You have 2 minutes by yourself to read the question and take handwritten notes before you enter the room. My biggest tips are be empathetic, be yourself, and don't be nervous - everyone I interviewed with was really nice and the two-way MMI flowed very naturally. I don't remember feeling thrown by any of the questions they asked (for context, interviewed 10/3, IM track, final pool). Each room does go super fast though!
 
How long does it usually take to hear back? I know they said within 8 weeks but what has the average been so far this year?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad