You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Rutgers (New Jersey)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PikachuCatcher
New Member
what do they do during the meeting the deans session? And could I be 20 minutes late without it affecting my application?
Did you have Dean's session this week? Any new information given for time table for decisions? Thxwhat do they do during the meeting the deans session? And could I be 20 minutes late without it affecting my application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any OOS acceptances yet? Anyone who interviewed early October hear back?
I’m technically OOS and was accepted. I was raised in NJ however.
Anybody else interview around 10/18? Wondering when we should be hearing back?
Meet the Deans - 9/27Anybody else interview around 10/18? Wondering when we should be hearing back?
Faculty Interview- 10/4
Student Interview - 10/6
No response yet.
PikachuCatcher
New Member
I did, but all I heard was that Dean Heinrich would call you if you got an acceptanceDid you have Dean's session this week? Any new information given for time table for decisions? Thx
Has anyone from the Dean's session on 9/27 been accepted yet?
D
deleted1005927
+1 IS II. Complete Aug 1st.
Side note, anyone have any tips for the interview?
Side note, anyone have any tips for the interview?
theofficialnumber13
Full Member
It's pretty chill. just an hourish conversation with a faculty member about your application generally. No trick questions or anything like that.+1 IS II. Complete Aug 1st.
Side note, anyone have any tips for the interview?
theofficialnumber13
Full Member
9/6 faculty interview and 10/4 student interview here and haven't heard back yetAnyone have their faculty interview in late September and Deans session in late October and not hear anything yet?
theofficialnumber13
Full Member
No As over the past couple weeks?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
redapple252
New Member
II!
sparklywoman
Full Member
Officially 3+ months post faculty interview and no decision… is it possible they just lost my application?
I’m 2+ months out with no decision. I read elsewhere that NJMS filled a significant portion of their class through ED, so maybe that’s why few acceptances are going out?Officially 3+ months post faculty interview and no decision… is it possible they just lost my application?
cupcake311
Full Member
Officially 3+ months post faculty interview and no decision… is it possible they just lost my application?
I think they only WL starting in a few months so unless you get an A you get ghosted for quite a bitI’m 2+ months out with no decision. I read elsewhere that NJMS filled a significant portion of their class through ED, so maybe that’s why few acceptances are going out?
Thank you
I guess all hope is lost for early sept interviewers that have not heard back yet? 🙁
theofficialnumber13
Full Member
It's hard to tell... depends on their review process. It could be that if they're unsure of an immediate A, they're holding onto apps to compare to new interviewees. or maybe they're just waiting to do a massive WL/R wave, who knows. They do have a less than 50% post ii A rate (i think close to 45%)I guess all hope is lost for early sept interviewers that have not heard back yet? 🙁
cupcake311
Full Member
We also can’t forget that most of that post II rate is inflated by ED. So it’s probably way lower for RD.It's hard to tell... depends on their review process. It could be that if they're unsure of an immediate A, they're holding onto apps to compare to new interviewees. or maybe they're just waiting to do a massive WL/R wave, who knows. They do have a less than 50% post ii A rate (i think close to 45%)
masimomachine
Full Member
How was the dean's session for those that went to one? What should I expect or prepare?
You don’t really need to prepare. He just asks you to speak about one of your activities and everyone in the session has about 5 minutes to speak up. After the deans leave, you have an opportunity to speak with some students some more.How was the dean's session for those that went to one? What should I expect or prepare?
Honestly very chill
Same hereIn state, Faculty interview and student interview both 11/02….no response yet. Anyone else around the same time?
sameIn state, Faculty interview and student interview both 11/02….no response yet. Anyone else around the same time?
Not a hard and fast rule, but I've heard that a lot of people hear about acceptances right around the time that Christmas is about to come. My friend got accepted here last year and he heard back around the same time, and he told me that a lot of other people also heard back around the same time.
Its supposed to a christmas present from Dr Heinrich. So if you're worried you haven't heard back yet, you will likely hear back around then
I will say, I have only heard things. I haven't gotten an interview yet from here though
Its supposed to a christmas present from Dr Heinrich. So if you're worried you haven't heard back yet, you will likely hear back around then
I will say, I have only heard things. I haven't gotten an interview yet from here though
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for posting this. Hope an interview comes soon for you.Not a hard and fast rule, but I've heard that a lot of people hear about acceptances right around the time that Christmas is about to come. My friend got accepted here last year and he heard back around the same time, and he told me that a lot of other people also heard back around the same time.
Its supposed to a christmas present from Dr Heinrich. So if you're worried you haven't heard back yet, you will likely hear back around then
I will say, I have only heard things. I haven't gotten an interview yet from here though
Hopefully! For some reason the NJ schools (so IS for me) have shown 0 love. Interviewed at cooper really early and they wait listed me after. Haven't gotten an interview at any of the other 3.Thanks for posting this. Hope an interview comes soon for you.
But I've gotten OOS interviews from a lot of different places. Hopefully AAMC didn't accidentally put me down as an OOS student or something
pancakemixer
Full Member
OOS II earlier today! 🙂
soccertuna1999
New Member
Completion date and LM?OOS II earlier today! 🙂
D
deleted1005927
They said 4-6 weeks when I interviewed. Not sure how the Dean's session will factor in.Is there a general timeline for when you might hear back post interviews and dean session?
jcshunter22
New Member
portal says 6-9 weeks took me a little over 7 weeks due to thanksgivingIs there a general timeline for when you might hear back post interviews and dean session?
are you counting 7 weeks from faculty interview or from dean's sessionportal says 6-9 weeks took me a little over 7 weeks due to thanksgiving
Were you accepted?portal says 6-9 weeks took me a little over 7 weeks due to thanksgiving
jcshunter22
New Member
a little over 7 weeks from my intervieware you counting 7 weeks from faculty interview or from dean's session
+1same
jcshunter22
New Member
Yes thankfully! This is my top choice so I am very gratefulWere you accepted?
Congrats on the A! Still waiting from my 9/13 faculty interview but starting to lose hope. It is my top choice as well!Yes thankfully! This is my top choice so I am very grateful
Maybe call the school? I’m rooting for ya, although my interview was on 10/18 so feeling a bit nervous hahaCongrats on the A! Still waiting from my 9/13 faculty interview but starting to lose hope. It is my top choice as well!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here, I'm not sure what to expect lolMaybe call the school? I’m rooting for ya, although my interview was on 10/18 so feeling a bit nervous haha
pancakemixer
Full Member
LM ~72, completion 7/30Completion date and LM?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 94K