2023-2024 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do folks know if for the scholarly concentrations you can do multiple applications, or only one?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody verified in early June still waiting for secondary? 😡

IS secondary received! My last one! 😭

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is this question like a diversity essay? Or more of should I list different programs at Stanford Med and how my life experiences help me contribute to it.

Please describe which aspects of your life experiences, interests, and character would help you to make a distinctive contribution to Stanford Medicine.

Anyone with MCAT <512 receive a secondary yet, just trying to figure out if they are screening based on MCAT or GPA
Yes! 506 and received a secondary last week.

Reactions: 1 user
Is this question like a diversity essay? Or more of should I list different programs at Stanford Med and how my life experiences help me contribute to it.

Please describe which aspects of your life experiences, interests, and character would help you to make a distinctive contribution to Stanford Medicine.
Hmmm I’m seeing it more as a diversity essay but more than just URM. Like including other things that make me diverse such as the graduate training I’ve received and being a nontrad as well as URM and how each thing will help me make a unique contribution. So yeah I guess a diversity essay lol

For people with publications, does ORCID show your name as the source when you input them? I've seen other examples where the source says Crossref with a green check mark next to it and was wondering if anyone knew how to get this verification?

For people with publications, does ORCID show your name as the source when you input them? I've seen other examples where the source says Crossref with a green check mark next to it and was wondering if anyone knew how to get this verification?
was automatic for me

Do I still have to input the publications one by one in the secondary? I already did that in the primary. It's a pain cuz I have 12.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
if you are applying to PSTP, how are you answering #1 about career path and why PSTP question? not sure how to differentiate between the two :/

How are y'all answering the family background question? Straight or more artistic-like?

1) for the unique contribution question, does it have to be medicine-related? ngl, i can't really think of something where i gave back to my community specifically within the realm of medicine, but i've given back through the arts and had insightful discussions with other indian-americans about dance and the fusion of our identities through the fusion of styles
2) for the advocating for someone else question, can it be another community or does it have to be an individual?

1) for the unique contribution question, does it have to be medicine-related? ngl, i can't really think of something where i gave back to my community specifically within the realm of medicine, but i've given back through the arts and had insightful discussions with other indian-americans about dance and the fusion of our identities through the fusion of styles
2) for the advocating for someone else question, can it be another community or does it have to be an individual?
Both questions are open ended and either approach works

How are y'all answering the family background question? Straight or more artistic-like?
straightforward answer that mostly focused on 1. a cool story 2. different part of my background that wasn't really addressed in the rest of my app

Just got an email from them saying I didn’t graduate from college despite it being quite apparent on my application and a prerequisite of attending my post bacc what sort of clown college is this place 🤡

Just got an email from them saying I didn’t graduate from college despite it being quite apparent on my application and a prerequisite of attending my post bacc what sort of clown college is this place 🤡
it must have been a mistake on their end

Just got an email from them saying I didn’t graduate from college despite it being quite apparent on my application and a prerequisite of attending my post bacc what sort of clown college is this place

I got the same. You have to email them and they will discuss with the gods and get back to you in like 5 business days

• Haha
It’s required so get it over with
I’m human & make mistakes @pablo213
I’m sure you do too.
Whoever shared this secondary for you all to use did not specify whether it was required or optional.
So get angry over this if it makes you feel better, and make your own decision about filling it out.
Wysdoc out

I’m sure you do too.
Whoever shared this secondary for you all to use did not specify whether it was required or optional.
So get angry over this if it makes you feel better, and make your own decision about filling it out.
Wysdoc out
Pablo just likes to share his emotions he means well. We appreciate your help wysdoc!

• Love
Pablo just likes to share his emotions he means well. We appreciate your help wysdoc!
I’m sure you do too.
Wysdoc out
@wysdoc, I totally understand that mistakes happen, and I respect your role here. My frustration was about the survey being mandatory, not directed at you personally. I realize now that my reaction may have conveyed a different message, and I apologize for that. Thank you for all you do and all the advice you give.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
@wysdoc, I totally understand that mistakes happen, and I respect your role here. My frustration was about the survey being mandatory, not directed at you personally. I realize now that my reaction may have conveyed a different message, and I apologize for that. Thank you for all you do and all the advice you give.
Living proof that Pablo is actually a real life GOAT

• Haha
anyone know what to do if you forget your password?? I know my login ID is my AMCAS ID, but the sign on won't let me reset my password? kind of panicking / not sure if it's a portal issue

anyone know what to do if you forget your password?? I know my login ID is my AMCAS ID, but the sign on won't let me reset my password? kind of panicking / not sure if it's a portal issue
Yea it does look like a portal issue. The option doesn't seem to be working :shrug:

Would it be too late to apply to Stanford at this point? I was initially hesitant about applying because my LM is only 72.5. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

Would it be too late to apply to Stanford at this point? I was initially hesitant about applying because my LM is only 72.5. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!
I still have to submit my secondary but I’m going for it. My writing is going to be VERY polished though lol

If it makes you feel any better, they sent out secondaries WAY later than they usually do and haven't sent out any II. Not sure if that actually means anything, but I feel like that means you wouldn't be as 'late' as you would be if they had started as early as they usually do

If it makes you feel any better, they sent out secondaries WAY later than they usually do and haven't sent out any II. Not sure if that actually means anything, but I feel like that means you wouldn't be as 'late' as you would be if they had started as early as they usually do
Yeah I was surprised to see that on this thread! Emory was also quite late. I'll so some more research and possibly apply thanks for the help!

For question 6, can life experiences also include things we've seen through work or do they mean things more like upbringing / places that have been traveled?

Also for the unique contribution essay that's optional, is it inappropriate to mention a hobby or would it be better to mention a volunteer activity I did during the pandemic to support people's food / toiletry needs?

Could someone tell me if Stanford had an option for photo for the secondary application? I don't think I submitted one but I can't seem to log into my secondary account at this time
Stanford doesn't have a photo part.

Generally i'm not a proponent of skipping the optional essay. here, I think it might be worth it? I've already explained so much about why stanford...

• Hmm