2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do people think that that starting tomorrow more seats will open up, since on the pre-matric checklist it says the deposit has to be paid within 2 days of April 15?
 
No way to decipher. I feel it will be sporadic. Till April 30th. Most movement to be expected after April 30th. But who knows with downstate.
Do people think that that starting tomorrow more seats will open up, since on the pre-matric checklist it says the deposit has to be paid within 2 days of April 15th ?
 
5839C608-899B-4408-AC74-2FE94C24306E.jpeg

Seems accepted students have 2 weeks to pay the deposit, not 2 days. Got this from my portal. Expecting fair amount of movement 2 weeks from now, which also happens to be the April 30th deadline.
 
i am currently waitlisted at five schools with no acceptances 😭😭😭😭😭. truly don't know what to do in terms of considering to reapply etc. anyone else in a similar position??
me! you have to plan to reapply while simultaneously doing your best to get off at least one waitlist. it can't hurt to be prepared for the worst, especially since AMCAS for the 2025 cycle opens in 2 weeks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In-state A this morning! (off the waitlist). Does anyone know where we are supposed to pay the deposit?
I don't see a payment option on the portal itself, it just asks me to accept the offer and tells me I have to pay the deposit.
did you complete the pre-matric checklist? before your A
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was accepted off the AL on Tuesday (IS, 515+ MCAT, 3.98 cGPA, Interviewed 11/1) and Downstate has lots of stipulations to accept their offer (select plan or commit to enroll 48 hours after being issued acceptance) and for that reason I will be withdrawing. I know there will be lots of movement and hope everyone else still on the AL hears some good news in the upcoming weeks!
 
Was accepted off the AL on Tuesday (IS, 515+ MCAT, 3.98 cGPA, Interviewed 11/1) and Downstate has lots of stipulations to accept their offer (select plan or commit to enroll 48 hours after being issued acceptance) and for that reason I will be withdrawing. I know there will be lots of movement and hope everyone else still on the AL hears some good news in the upcoming weeks!
Oh so you only have 2 days to decide?
 
Was accepted off the AL on Tuesday (IS, 515+ MCAT, 3.98 cGPA, Interviewed 11/1) and Downstate has lots of stipulations to accept their offer (select plan or commit to enroll 48 hours after being issued acceptance) and for that reason I will be withdrawing. I know there will be lots of movement and hope everyone else still on the AL hears some good news in the upcoming weeks!

They require PTE? I thought they just required that you “accept their offer” (I.e. since it’s past April 15th, you could have SUNY + 2 other acceptances still)
 
Oh so you only have 2 days to decide?
again, I have no idea if other people who have come off the AL see the same message, but mine clearly stated I had 2 business days from date of offer to accept or decline it, pay a $100 deposit, AND choose "plan to enroll" or "commit to enroll." Unfortunately I didn't screenshot the page and it's gone now but that is what was on the "Offer - Response" tab that I had.

They require PTE? I thought they just required that you “accept their offer” (I.e. since it’s past April 15th, you could have SUNY + 2 other acceptances still)
on AMP there were selections to either accept or decline the offer but in the body of the "Offer - Response" tab it said you must select PTE or CTE within 2 business days
 
again, I have no idea if other people who have come off the AL see the same message, but mine clearly stated I had 2 business days from date of offer to accept or decline it, pay a $100 deposit, AND choose "plan to enroll" or "commit to enroll." Unfortunately I didn't screenshot the page and it's gone now but that is what was on the "Offer - Response" tab that I had.


on AMP there were selections to either accept or decline the offer but in the body of the "Offer - Response" tab it said you must select PTE or CTE within 2 business days
Can confirm that even for people still on the AL, the pre-matric checklist tab says:
  • Medicine Only:
    • A $100 Admissions Deposit must be paid to hold your seat in the entering class beginning April 15th. If you do not submit your deposit within 2 business days of your acceptance notification, no later than 11:59 pm on the posted deadline, and also either select "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll", your acceptance offer will be withdrawn. (Note: the deposit portal will not be open until April 15th.)"
 
Was accepted off the AL on Tuesday (IS, 515+ MCAT, 3.98 cGPA, Interviewed 11/1) and Downstate has lots of stipulations to accept their offer (select plan or commit to enroll 48 hours after being issued acceptance) and for that reason I will be withdrawing. I know there will be lots of movement and hope everyone else still on the AL hears some good news in the upcoming weeks!
Can confirm that even for people still on the AL, the pre-matric checklist tab says:
  • Medicine Only:
    • A $100 Admissions Deposit must be paid to hold your seat in the entering class beginning April 15th. If you do not submit your deposit within 2 business days of your acceptance notification, no later than 11:59 pm on the posted deadline, and also either select "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll", your acceptance offer will be withdrawn. (Note: the deposit portal will not be open until April 15th.)"
again, I have no idea if other people who have come off the AL see the same message, but mine clearly stated I had 2 business days from date of offer to accept or decline it, pay a $100 deposit, AND choose "plan to enroll" or "commit to enroll." Unfortunately I didn't screenshot the page and it's gone now but that is what was on the "Offer - Response" tab that I had.


on AMP there were selections to either accept or decline the offer but in the body of the "Offer - Response" tab it said you must select PTE or CTE within 2 business days
So does this mean we will be seeing more acceptances tomorrow? Since April 16th was the first day they sent out As, and 2 days later would be today. So wouldn’t there be more spots open tomorrow?
 
Was accepted off the AL on Tuesday (IS, 515+ MCAT, 3.98 cGPA, Interviewed 11/1) and Downstate has lots of stipulations to accept their offer (select plan or commit to enroll 48 hours after being issued acceptance) and for that reason I will be withdrawing. I know there will be lots of movement and hope everyone else still on the AL hears some good news in the upcoming weeks!
Curious, did u withdraw ur A today? Or yesterday / day before? Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can confirm that even for people still on the AL, the pre-matric checklist tab says:
  • Medicine Only:
    • A $100 Admissions Deposit must be paid to hold your seat in the entering class beginning April 15th. If you do not submit your deposit within 2 business days of your acceptance notification, no later than 11:59 pm on the posted deadline, and also either select "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll", your acceptance offer will be withdrawn. (Note: the deposit portal will not be open until April 15th.)"

How is this possible? This goes directly against AAMC traffic rules - everyone should have until April 30th. If this is true, this is some super shady, ill-spirited, and downright insecure behavior from SUNY
 
I'm interested in hearing if people are not concerned about the hospital shut down and why? What makes downstate still stand out despite this to you? I am genuinely intrigued and do not mean to be negative