2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
was alt listed a few weeks ago and did not send any updates or do anything on the checklist
will most likely be withdrawing the A though
Do you mind providing a small summary of your applicatn info so we have a sense of where they are on the waitlist? (GPA, mcat, instate/outstate, medical experiences, date of interview). Would greatly appreciate it!
 
Could you send the link for the forms because the link on the AMP isn't working for me either? I got an email about a NetID and Downstate email address shortly after my waitlist notification which has the login credentials for medicat
It’s because the link is combined with another link — you have to find where they divide (before the second https which is actually just ttps because they didn’t even paste the whole link) and then I got the forms from the first link, which I hope is right!
 
Does anyone know how we are supposed to submit the other stuff like citizenship proof, bls, etc in the meantime?
I sent it via email and they confirmed receipt and checked it off on my checklist. Transcript you have to send through your undergrad registrar (via parchment or whatever service they use)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Could you briefly describe your medical experiences? URM? Etc. Hoping to get a sense of where they are on the waitlist. Thanks!
Thanks!! It was my only interview so I've been reading this thread for months and rly feel for everyone w the waiting game. Fingers crossed we all end up at med school in the fall

URM (gay), 2 gap years post undergrad working as clinical research assistant in nyc, shadowing experience and job as med technician in college
 
Thanks!! It was my only interview so I've been reading this thread for months and rly feel for everyone w the waiting game. Fingers crossed we all end up at med school in the fall

URM (gay), 2 gap years post undergrad working as clinical research assistant in nyc, shadowing experience and job as med technician in college
Appreciate you - congrats again
 
Thanks!! It was my only interview so I've been reading this thread for months and rly feel for everyone w the waiting game. Fingers crossed we all end up at med school in the fall

URM (gay), 2 gap years post undergrad working as clinical research assistant in nyc, shadowing experience and job as med technician in college
Congrats! Did you do any of the stuff on the pre matric checklist prior to getting off the WL? This is my only interview as well. Also when did you get the notification?
 
Congrats! Did you do any of the stuff on the pre matric checklist prior to getting off the WL? This is my only interview as well. Also when did you get the notification?
I sent my transcripts but nothing else on pre matric list. I also sent a thank you email after getting alternate list, not sure if that did anything tho. Email notif about final decision early afternoon today
 
I sent my transcripts but nothing else on pre matric list. I also sent a thank you email after getting alternate list, not sure if that did anything tho. Email notif about final decision early afternoon today
Did they check off your transcript on the prematriculation check list?
 
I sent it via Parchment
I got a question about the transcripts. Shouldn't they already have all of our transcripts? I am a non-trad applicant and finished school a while ago. The transcripts I sent to AMCAS were my official transcripts. Do I need to resend them to actual downstate or are they okay w/ my AMCAS transcripts?
 
I got a question about the transcripts. Shouldn't they already have all of our transcripts? I am a non-trad applicant and finished school a while ago. The transcripts I sent to AMCAS were my official transcripts. Do I need to resend them to actual downstate or are they okay w/ my AMCAS transcripts?

AMCAS doesn’t send your transcripts to the school. They verify your grades you submitted on AMCAS and then send the AMCAS application over to the schools. So yes, the schools know your grades are validated through AMCAS’s verification team, however they still require the transcripts for themselves before matriculation.

This is the case at every medical school. Wherever you matriculate, you will be required to send your transcripts before the start of school
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did Downstate send an email to accepted students saying the AMCAS CTE deadline was extended a few days? I know a few other schools did that
 
Why the hell would amcas do such a thing ? It’s extending our pain
I don't think this came from AMCAS ... it came directly from the schools who were delayed in sending financial aid packages out. I was wondering in Downstate also sent a similar message out to their accepted applicants
 
Are we supposed to see the AL schools on your "choose your medical school" tool in the AMCAS?
I believe that if you have access to CYMS (i.e. you have at least one acceptance) on AMCAS, yes, you would see your AL status. However, CYMS only becomes available if you hold an acceptance *somewhere.*
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad