You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Texas Tech Lubbock
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
samesies 😁🤩🥳
also prematched 😁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
littlecandy
Full Member
OOS A!
doobydodoc
Full Member
Prematched as well!!! When do we find out if we got into the dual degree programs?
Welcome to Texas!OOS A!
Not sure but should be soon & watch your emails. CongratsPrematched as well!!! When do we find out if we got into the dual degree programs?
Me & @texasvandy watchin’ SDN today like first round draft picks!Welcome to Texas!
D
deleted1146726
If you pre-matched/got accepted and have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I'm a current student.
OOS A this morning!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HopefulTexan686
New Member
IS A this morning as well!!! Congrats everyone!!!!!
D
deleted1146726
What dual-degree program are you in? The MBA is the most popular one and acceptance into the MD program guarantees a spot in the MBA program if you applied dual-degree. You still have to submit an application to TTU, but the business college just treats it like a formality. The MPH is also guaranteed. The engineering MS is so new that I don't know anything about it and the PhD program is very small and has its own special timeline that I am also not certain about.Prematched as well!!! When do we find out if we got into the dual degree programs?
Congrats to everyone who prematched! Y’all deserve everything and so much more!
Prematched! Can't believe I'm really going to be a doctor 😀
You can accept/reply to all the pre-match offers you get. It's uncommon to get several, but it does happen.Prematched earlier today!
Does anyone know if by filling out the Offer Response, am I accepting just the pre-match offer? And then we rank schools still later in February?
These are real offers of admission but are not binding, as all the TMDSAS schools know the final school gets determined in the TMDSAS Match for Texas residents.
They are managed by the same folks and we have more chances for interviews through JanuaryWill schools still be sending out interview invites, even when they’re sending prematch offers? Are the committees for those separate or will one committee just manage both at the same time?
Tech feels slightly different with so many OOS As this early.Me & @texasvandy watching' SDN today like first round draft picks!
you can wait until close to the deadline if you wish.Do I have to put the $100 guarantee fee down even if I am not 100% set on attending Tech LBK?
Luckily, most of the Texas MD schools don't ask for a deposit
bluebluepink
Full Member
II today!! SO EXCITED, started to doubt myself. Completed in the first week of August. LM 68. PLEASE GIVE ME INTERVIEW TIPS SO I CAN SECURE THAT A!!
They are all SO nice and conversational. Cliche, but just be yourself and have a nice chat! They just want to get to know you and make sure you are who you say you are on paper!II today!! SO EXCITED, started to doubt myself. Completed in the first week of August. LM 68. PLEASE GIVE ME INTERVIEW TIPS SO I CAN SECURE THAT A!!
bluebluepink
Full Member
Thank you! That helps so much 🙂They are all SO nice and conversational. Cliche, but just be yourself and have a nice chat! They just want to get to know you and make sure you are who you say you are on paper!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PM'd youThe $100 fee is due October 29th, do I need to make the payment even if I’m not certain I’ll attend?
Just pre-matched!
You are amazing!Just pre-matched!
Like I said, McGovern prematch is the hardest. 🙂Just pre-matched!
D
deleted1146726
The current MS1 class president will make a Facebook Group and Discord and send out invitations to accepted students sometime in January or so..prematched
is there a groupme for prematches?
Pre-matched! Very excited 🙂.
II OOS, LM ~64. Looks like the earliest date is dec 1. Complete late august.
Last edited:
Anyone have an interview calendar for Lubbock in terms of when they end.II OOS, LM ~64. Looks like the earliest date is dec 1.
From my end dec 1 was the only date to choose. Nothing sooner nothing later. Possibly pre determined and those offered interviews later will have a similar later date as the only available option. I know they normally interview until around late January though.Anyone have an interview calendar for Lubbock in terms of when they end.
My thirst continues to deepen day after day for a TTUHSC ii. Completed 9/11 so I probably need to be a little more patient, but the wait is absolutely brutal.
bluebluepink
Full Member
Hang in there! Your time will come 🙂My thirst continues to deepen day after day for a TTUHSC ii. Completed 9/11 so I probably need to be a little more patient, but the wait is absolutely brutal.
Completed July 11th and still haven’t heard from Texas schools. Did everything in Lubbock: undergrad, shadowing, EMS, volunteering, and even some of my research. I know there’s still time, but after 3 months I’m losing hope. I don’t even care about the other Texas schools anymore, I just want Tech.
I feel your pain. Born and raised in West Texas, went to Tech and did all of my stuff through Tech and the HSC. I’ve got 2000 clinical hours at their learning hospital UMC.Completed July 11th and still haven’t heard from Texas schools. Did everything in Lubbock: undergrad, shadowing, EMS, volunteering, and even some of my research. I know there’s still time, but after 3 months I’m losing hope. I don’t even care about the other Texas schools anymore, I just want Tech.
Just trying to keep patient but it’s getting harder and harder
I feel your pain. Born and raised in West Texas, went to Tech and did all of my stuff through Tech and the HSC. I’ve got 2000 clinical hours at their learning hospital UMC.
Just trying to keep patient but it’s getting harder and harder
Our time will come [emoji1374]
Dr. Ruby 2023
Full Member
So I interviewed here on 10/18, just a few days ago. Im an OOS applicant. How long do you think before I hear of a decision? They said OOS applicants are on rolling admissions (we don't undergo match), and I see some As have already gone out. I really like this school, just wondering how long til I might hear back...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is why I applied EDP, I just wanted Tech. I built a life in Lubbock going to Tech undergrad and working at UMC and CMC. I was content knowing I put all of my eggs in Tech's basket, and would have to apply again if I did not get in. I poured my heart out for the area and the school on my primary and secondary and it paid off with an A. Not saying its for everyone, but for me who was sold on going to Tech, it was a golden ticket and I recommend it to anyone in a similar boat.Completed July 11th and still haven’t heard from Texas schools. Did everything in Lubbock: undergrad, shadowing, EMS, volunteering, and even some of my research. I know there’s still time, but after 3 months I’m losing hope. I don’t even care about the other Texas schools anymore, I just want Tech.
I wish I could’ve done that honestly. I completed my masters in August and was super busy with the program that I didn’t get my primary in until 7/20, took my MCAT on 7/28, and got secondaries in on 9/11. Just a little behind everyone else but I’m still hoping all will end up okay. I’m grateful for my TCOM interview on Friday but I would love the chance at just 1 MD interview.This is why I applied EDP, I just wanted Tech. I built a life in Lubbock going to Tech undergrad and working at UMC and CMC. I was content knowing I put all of my eggs in Tech's basket, and would have to apply again if I did not get in. I poured my heart out for the area and the school on my primary and secondary and it paid off with an A. Not saying its for everyone, but for me who was sold on going to Tech, it was a golden ticket and I recommend it to anyone in a similar boat.
marshadhussain13
New Member
Good luck!Pre-matched! Very excited 🙂.
Just curious if they called in person or sent you an email to communicate the pre-match decision?
D
deleted1146726
It really depends. It seems that most OOS get accepted on 10/15 or on the WL. It might be until April when you hear back.So I interviewed here on 10/18, just a few days ago. Im an OOS applicant. How long do you think before I hear of a decision? They said OOS applicants are on rolling admissions (we don't undergo match), and I see some As have already gone out. I really like this school, just wondering how long til I might hear back...
for accepting a prematch offer, on the portal it says to submit final transcripts to the school - do yall know if this has to be done in addition to sending transcripts to TMDSAS? i got an email earlier this week from TMDSAS telling me to submit my transcripts which i just did and so i'm not sure if we also need to send transcripts directly to the school as well