You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Tufts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1174679
HAs Tufts send any rejections yet this cycle? Pre - II ones i mean
spicy_lemon76
Full Member
ooops nvm someone already answered - idk how to delete!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1124957
Any chance they'll send more II or should we expect this to be it from them?
Website says they end interviewing in March, so I’m assuming there will be a wave in early Feb. No one knows for sure though
ooops nvm someone already answered - idk how to delete
I was looking at the portal and I can still see interview slots. They have 4 dates in February and 3 dates in March. Should be another two waves at the start of Feb and March for interviews.
D
deleted1174679
called about what?Did anyone get called from tufts today?
called about what?
I’m not sure I missed a call from them today but no voicemail was left.
D
deleted1124957
Yeah they call for acceptances a day or two later.I’m not sure I missed a call from them today but no voicemail was left.
Yeah they call for acceptances a day or two later.
thanks for clarifying, my neurotic self thought I messed smthn up
They had a few spots open on Feb 5 and then none till the week of the 19thOmg congrats! 🙂 When are they scheduling for?
D
deleted1174679
Stats ?OOS interview just now! Thought my chances were done so excited for this one 🙂
misterslack
Full Member
OOS II! late feb and mid march dates available, LM70
D
deleted1124957
Adcoms meet monthly towards the end of the month, I don’t think it’ll hurt you by doing March 18 since decisions are released all at once. But I would personally do the earlier one.Does it matter the date I choose to interview (March 4 vs March 18) or will I be hurt by choosing the later date
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lobsterroll
Full Member
did you send an update letter?OOS interview just now! Thought my chances were done so excited for this one 🙂
Oh rip, March 4 filled up, do you think it will likely be fineAdcoms meet monthly towards the end of the month, I don’t think it’ll hurt you by doing March 18 since decisions are released all at once. But I would personally do the earlier one.
D
deleted1124957
Don't be snoozing, yah you'll be fine, read the response above for how decisions workOh rip, March 4 filled up, do you think it will likely be fine
lobsterroll
Full Member
do you guys know how much weight an update letter would take to get an interview at Tufts?
D
deleted1174679
I sent one and didn’t get anythingdo you guys know how much weight an update letter would take to get an interview at Tufts?
D
deleted1174679
Actually I sent two updates this cycle . They didn’t send me any II
ACKjp
Full Member
In regard to moving the needle, I think it depends on what the updates are and if they are substantial enough to warrant a letter. But at this point in the cycle it probably can’t hurt youdo you guys know how much weight an update letter would take to get an interview at Tufts?
Medtronics2023
New Member
Congrats & good luck to all who got an ll today, can you tell when you submitted your secondary?
D
deleted1174679
Yeah I had significant updates but they don’t like me enough to offer II?In regard to moving the needle, I think it depends on what the updates are and if they are substantial enough to warrant a letter. But at this point in the cycle it probably can’t hurt you
complete 8/9Congrats & good luck to all who got an ll today, can you tell when you submitted your secondary?
yes, I submitted an update a while back in late November but not sure hm that correlated to thisdid you send an update letter?
Lm 75!Stats ?
Yup. They'll inform you of who they are and a new tab in the portal will pop up showing their profiles.Do you get the names of your interviewers beforehand? Have less than a week to prepare 😅
Was anyone else interviewed by a PhD without a strong research background? I just got my interviewers and one is a really heavy researcher but my app isnt strong in research so im a little nervous
Didn’t have a PhD interviewer but the person who coordinated the interview day told us the interviews should be conversational and to let them know if you don’t have a great experience, so I doubt you’ll be grilled about your research and I didn’t find them to be super nitpicky about details.
Regardless I felt like I didn’t do so hot on one of the interviews as I struggled to answer some q’s, but still got the A.
Last edited:
D
deleted1170884
Don't look into it too much.Was anyone else interviewed by a PhD without a strong research background? I just got my interviewers and one is a really heavy researcher but my app isnt strong in research so im a little nervous
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had the same thing happen. They were an absolutely lovely person and we didn't talk about research in the slightest. 10/10 experience TBH.Was anyone else interviewed by a PhD without a strong research background? I just got my interviewers and one is a really heavy researcher but my app isnt strong in research so im a little nervous
My LizzyM is 67 and I got accepted! I think soooooo much of it is fit. Best of luck to you!My LizzyM is under 70 do i even have a chance?
D
deleted1124957
Just reminding everyone that the Tufts Institutional Financial Aid Application materials are due tomorrow for priority submission, regardless if interviewed or accepted
How far out are they interviewing until? Just trying to manage my expectations haha
Any interview offers today?
How far out are they interviewing until? Just trying to manage my expectations haha
If not done, almost done. Someone scheduled for 3/18 a couple of days ago
maindoctor42
Full Member
Nope, just a Maine A...Has anyone who interviewed with Maine also heard back (ii or A) from Boston?
maindoctor42
Full Member
I believe they said that you can be considered for both. But I'm honestly not sure if you have a completely distinct chance at both tracks, or how often it happens to be selected for both!Congrats! I was wondering if it was one or the other - like if your app is considered for both places
D
deleted1174679
Hope they send more II!!!!!
D
deleted1124957
2 dates left, 3/18 and 3/20, one last II wave leftHope they send more II!!!!!
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted1174679
Looking at last years SDN i saw someone get an II on March 2nd. So I am hopeful!!!!2 dates left, 3/18 and 3/20, one last II left soon
My buddy got an II in March so they certainly send later in the cycleLooking at last years SDN i saw someone get an II on March 2nd. So I am hopeful!!!!
Has Tufts been sending pre-II Rs yet?
D
deleted1174679
I have not seen any this cycle yet......Has Tufts been sending pre-II Rs yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
macysh3lly
New Member
how long is each interview? i cant find any info about it
i believe it’s two 45 min 1:1 interviews
D
deleted1174679
If by some divine intervention I get an II here and accepted, will I need a car or do students use public transportation?
If by some divine intervention I get an II here and accepted, will I need a car or do students use public transportation?
Students said that they needed a car for some of the clinical rotations
D
deleted1174679
But that isn’t u til year3 right ?Students said that they needed a car for some of the clinical rotations
CorrectBut that isn’t u til year3 right ?