2023-2024 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any chance they'll send more II or should we expect this to be it from them?
Website says they end interviewing in March, so I’m assuming there will be a wave in early Feb. No one knows for sure though

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
HAs Tufts send any rejections yet this cycle? Pre - II ones i mean

Members don't see this ad :)
Any chance they'll send more II or should we expect this to be it from them?
Website says they end interviewing in March, so I’m assuming there will be a wave in early Feb. No one knows for sure though
ooops nvm someone already answered - idk how to delete

I was looking at the portal and I can still see interview slots. They have 4 dates in February and 3 dates in March. Should be another two waves at the start of Feb and March for interviews.

Did anyone get called from tufts today?

Reactions: 1 user
OOS interview just now! Thought my chances were done so excited for this one :)

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does it matter the date I choose to interview (March 4 vs March 18) or will I be hurt by choosing the later date

Does it matter the date I choose to interview (March 4 vs March 18) or will I be hurt by choosing the later date
Adcoms meet monthly towards the end of the month, I don’t think it’ll hurt you by doing March 18 since decisions are released all at once. But I would personally do the earlier one.

Adcoms meet monthly towards the end of the month, I don’t think it’ll hurt you by doing March 18 since decisions are released all at once. But I would personally do the earlier one.
Oh rip, March 4 filled up, do you think it will likely be fine

do you guys know how much weight an update letter would take to get an interview at Tufts?

Actually I sent two updates this cycle . They didn’t send me any II

do you guys know how much weight an update letter would take to get an interview at Tufts?
In regard to moving the needle, I think it depends on what the updates are and if they are substantial enough to warrant a letter. But at this point in the cycle it probably can’t hurt you

Congrats & good luck to all who got an ll today, can you tell when you submitted your secondary?

In regard to moving the needle, I think it depends on what the updates are and if they are substantial enough to warrant a letter. But at this point in the cycle it probably can’t hurt you
Yeah I had significant updates but they don’t like me enough to offer II?

Do you get the names of your interviewers beforehand? Have less than a week to prepare 😅

Do you get the names of your interviewers beforehand? Have less than a week to prepare 😅
Yup. They'll inform you of who they are and a new tab in the portal will pop up showing their profiles.

Was anyone else interviewed by a PhD without a strong research background? I just got my interviewers and one is a really heavy researcher but my app isnt strong in research so im a little nervous

• Haha
Was anyone else interviewed by a PhD without a strong research background? I just got my interviewers and one is a really heavy researcher but my app isnt strong in research so im a little nervous

Didn’t have a PhD interviewer but the person who coordinated the interview day told us the interviews should be conversational and to let them know if you don’t have a great experience, so I doubt you’ll be grilled about your research and I didn’t find them to be super nitpicky about details.

Regardless I felt like I didn’t do so hot on one of the interviews as I struggled to answer some q’s, but still got the A.

Last edited:
Don't look into it too much.

I had the same thing happen. They were an absolutely lovely person and we didn't talk about research in the slightest. 10/10 experience TBH.

Just reminding everyone that the Tufts Institutional Financial Aid Application materials are due tomorrow for priority submission, regardless if interviewed or accepted

Reactions: 7 users
How far out are they interviewing until? Just trying to manage my expectations haha

Congrats! I was wondering if it was one or the other - like if your app is considered for both places
I believe they said that you can be considered for both. But I'm honestly not sure if you have a completely distinct chance at both tracks, or how often it happens to be selected for both!

If by some divine intervention I get an II here and accepted, will I need a car or do students use public transportation?

If by some divine intervention I get an II here and accepted, will I need a car or do students use public transportation?

Students said that they needed a car for some of the clinical rotations