You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Tufts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Lindsay Pimentel
New Member
like in the mail??anyone with an A receive physical acceptance letter yet?
In state for Maine track, deferred. interviewed 11/30.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mickeymice
Full Member
OOS A Boston track, Interview was 11/27. (224pm)
Duolingo_enthusiast
Full Member
A today!OOS II, complete 8/2, LM 72.3 (91 day streak on Duolingo), no ties to Boston/Tufts
ACKjp
Full Member
How long is your Duolingo streak now?A today!
Would the next interview invite be Jan 1st? Have a recommender from my new job submitting tonight
Got the A!! IS Maine Track
Loong Lions
New Member
OOS Boston A! Interviewed 12/6
SavageLovesToRead
Full Member
OOS A yesterday at 2:33pm after interviewing on 11/29. My first one, lets goooooooo
Last edited:
D
deleted1176406
Any MSTP As yet?
Current M1 and just finished my first block! Tufts has been awesome so far.
Happy to answer any questions.
Happy to answer any questions.
D
deleted1124957
How often you coming to campus a week?Current M1 and just finished my first block! Tufts has been awesome so far.
Happy to answer any questions.
Have not attended a single not-mandatory since like September. Mandatories happen 2-5 days a week, but the average is probably around 3 days a week. Our "days off" are occasionally on Mondays, but mostly on Tuesdays and Fridays. But we have classes every day.How often you coming to campus a week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pumpkinpatch109
New Member
Congrats on finishing your first block! How are the facilities (anatomy lab, sim center, study spaces, etc.)? A few M4s during the interview day said that the virtual tour found on the website is outdated and that everything at the school feels "new"... I'd love your perspective!Current M1 and just finished my first block! Tufts has been awesome so far.
Happy to answer any questions.
The Anatomy Lab is BEAUTIFUL! Without exaggeration, it's very state-of-the-art, super clean, and high-tech. Big TVs every dozen or so feet, enough iPads for each station (~60 stations/tables), bright lights, etc. There are super cool, spacious conference rooms just adjacent to the anatomy lab with white-board walls and TV-sized screens at each of the 15ish tables.Congrats on finishing your first block! How are the facilities (anatomy lab, sim center, study spaces, etc.)? A few M4s during the interview day said that the virtual tour found on the website is outdated and that everything at the school feels "new"... I'd love your perspective!
The sim center is very reminiscent of what you'd see in clinic, filled with all the tools you'd need to use for physical diagnosis (these rooms provide you will all the tools you need; they'll gift you a stethoscope during orientation).
Study spaces are all over the campus (which is only like 2-3 buildings). If you like to study alone, you will never have trouble finding a table to sit down and study, but because the library is shared with all the other programs, you might have trouble finding a study space (especially ones with windows) for collaborative studying. But a lot of people also study together in our learning communities (which is closed off to just MD students) or in the classrooms, or on the cafe/4th floor of the med ed building. I wouldn't call the library/study spaces "new," but they're cozy and range from noisy to almost completely silent. No complaints from me!
IS II just now! I think also complete 8/9, Boston track, meant to send an update but haven't yet lol
congrats!! when are they scheduling for?IS II just now! I think also complete 8/9, Boston track, meant to send an update but haven't yet lol
D
deleted1167724
OOS II! Scheduling for late jan but I saw dates available throughout feb and march 🙂
OOS II! ties to boston LM 74, complete early August
Last edited:
Happisquirrell
Full Member
Congrats! When were you complete?OOS II! Scheduling for late jan but I saw dates available throughout feb and march 🙂
beepboop33
Full Member
+1!! so happy I decided to apply despite others saying tufts was super low yield :')OOS II! Scheduling for late jan but I saw dates available throughout feb and march 🙂
was complete early Aug
Last edited:
Low yield as in not many ppl get interviewed? Or the post interview acceptance rate?+1!! so happy I decided to apply despite others saying tufts was super low yield :')
was complete early Aug
beepboop33
Full Member
as in many people apply and not so many get interviewed. This 2021 data says ~12,000 applicants and only 800 IIs. Seems like people really like applying to Boston schools. Post II acceptance rate is ~60%, we got this!Low yield as in not many ppl get interviewed? Or the post interview acceptance rate?
D
deleted1124957
How's the housing for you and your classmates. What on average are people paying?The Anatomy Lab is BEAUTIFUL! Without exaggeration, it's very state-of-the-art, super clean, and high-tech. Big TVs every dozen or so feet, enough iPads for each station (~60 stations/tables), bright lights, etc. There are super cool, spacious conference rooms just adjacent to the anatomy lab with white-board walls and TV-sized screens at each of the 15ish tables.
The sim center is very reminiscent of what you'd see in clinic, filled with all the tools you'd need to use for physical diagnosis (these rooms provide you will all the tools you need; they'll gift you a stethoscope during orientation).
Study spaces are all over the campus (which is only like 2-3 buildings). If you like to study alone, you will never have trouble finding a table to sit down and study, but because the library is shared with all the other programs, you might have trouble finding a study space (especially ones with windows) for collaborative studying. But a lot of people also study together in our learning communities (which is closed off to just MD students) or in the classrooms, or on the cafe/4th floor of the med ed building. I wouldn't call the library/study spaces "new," but they're cozy and range from noisy to almost completely silent. No complaints from me!
Probably <20% of the class is living in the on-campus dorms. I don't live in them so I can't speak to price/living quality. The only complaint I've heard is that it's hard to separate school/personal life since you're constantly within a block of campus. The dorm is Posner Hall.How's the housing for you and your classmates. What on average are people paying?
Most students live off-campus in or around the Chinatown neighborhood and use the subway to get to class. Some bike, some walk, and a couple of us drive. Rent is atrocious (because Boston) so most of us have a roommate or 3 and spend anywhere between $800 and $2000+ a month. Taking the subway can be a 10-30 minute ordeal, depending on the day. I've even heard of some M1 students who travel from Maine to get to our mandatories.
For me, I spend $1300 / month with 1 roommate and have a 30-minute commute.
D
deleted1169361
I submitted one lolDo they accept pre-II update letters?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guess we need to wait until Feb for the next interview wave?
I hope not… Maybe they’re waiting for next week because of the holiday? (Tufts please 😩👏)Guess we need to wait until Feb for the next interview wave?
D
deleted1124957
Does Tuftie test for 🌿🌿🌿 prematriculation, if so when was it?Probably <20% of the class is living in the on-campus dorms. I don't live in them so I can't speak to price/living quality. The only complaint I've heard is that it's hard to separate school/personal life since you're constantly within a block of campus. The dorm is Posner Hall.
Most students live off-campus in or around the Chinatown neighborhood and use the subway to get to class. Some bike, some walk, and a couple of us drive. Rent is atrocious (because Boston) so most of us have a roommate or 3 and spend anywhere between $800 and $2000+ a month. Taking the subway can be a 10-30 minute ordeal, depending on the day. I've even heard of some M1 students who travel from Maine to get to our mandatories.
For me, I spend $1300 / month with 1 roommate and have a 30-minute commute.
Is Tufts nearing the end of interviews given out?
Supposedly they interview through March and based on the IIs on here, they've only scheduled through end of January... That makes me think there's more coming? But who knows, especially since not everyone's on SDNIs Tufts nearing the end of interviews given out?
My buddy got an interview invite in March last year so they definitely go later than some schoolsSupposedly they interview through March and based on the IIs on here, they've only scheduled through end of January... That makes me think there's more coming? But who knows, especially since not everyone's on SDN
not for pre-matriculation. can't speak to the protocol at clinical sites thoughDoes Tuftie test for 🌿🌿🌿 prematriculation, if so when was it?
D
deleted1124957
Doing the lords work here 🫶not for pre-matriculation. can't speak to the protocol at clinical sites though
futuredocflo
Full Member
anyone complete in July but have not heard anything
+1
+2anyone complete in July but have not heard anything
spicy_lemon76
Full Member
any current students open to share things they love & maybe don’t love abt tufts and their experience so far 🙂
Just found out I never clicked "submit application" back in August..... smh
I paid and everything LOLLL
I paid and everything LOLLL
*rushes to check mine* 😆Just found out I never clicked "submit application" back in August..... smh
I paid and everything LOLLL
They sent me an email that said "Secondary Application Not Submitted" and I laughed out loud*rushes to check mine* 😆
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You'd think they would have sent you an automated email reminder sooner. lolThey sent me an email that said "Secondary Application Not Submitted" and I laughed out loud
Right, especially after paying? I honestly think this is a reflection of my mental state back then, so I don't blame them at all.You'd think they would have sent you an automated email reminder sooner. lol
Anyways, what do you think my chances are for an interview this month? Probably super high because they wanted me to submit (kidding)
maindoctor42
Full Member
I've heard that playing hard to get is the way to go 🤣 I appreciate your positive attitude about thisRight, especially after paying? I honestly think this is a reflection of my mental state back then, so I don't blame them at all.
Anyways, what do you think my chances are for an interview this month? Probably super high because they wanted me to submit (kidding)
Lol, this is one of the rare schools where a March II is possible, so it’s definitely non-zero!Right, especially after paying? I honestly think this is a reflection of my mental state back then, so I don't blame them at all.
Anyways, what do you think my chances are for an interview this month? Probably super high because they wanted me to submit (kidding)
Thanks! I honestly think it's funny that I neglected to open the application in 5 months. Plus, I already have other offers, so I really am in a place where I can laugh at this. Honestly, the biggest L is that I had already paid smh.I've heard that playing hard to get is the way to go 🤣 I appreciate your positive attitude about this
Good luck to everyone else who applied in a timely manner <3