2023-2024 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any invites today?

Members don't see this ad.

Has Tufts been sending pre-II Rs yet?
Speaking from my experience last cycle, they don't send pre-II Rs until late in the cycle. Last cycle, I sent my secondary in late August and didn't hear back until late March.

Reactions: 2 users
anyone have any suggestions for people visiting tufts med / Boston? wanting to get a feel for the area and see some fun spots !

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone have any suggestions for people visiting tufts med / Boston? wanting to get a feel for the area and see some fun spots !

Tufts is in Chinatown which is truly downtown Boston so right by the med campus are the commons and the freedom trail all the touristy stuff you can check out! If you want to see a nice scenic area still very close by is Back Bay and Newbury Street (shops and art) and you can walk along the Esplanade on the Charles River. In my opinion Boston is very walkable so there’s a ton to see/do all within a mile or two of the Tufts campus!

Reactions: 1 user
Tufts is in Chinatown which is truly downtown Boston so right by the med campus are the commons and the freedom trail all the touristy stuff you can check out! If you want to see a nice scenic area still very close by is Back Bay and Newbury Street (shops and art) and you can walk along the Esplanade on the Charles River. In my opinion Boston is very walkable so there’s a ton to see/do all within a mile or two of the Tufts campus!
Sounds amazing!!!!! If only I got an II

Reactions: 1 users
Very walkable!
If you want to venture out just a little more (even still walkable from Chinatown), there’s the North End where the Italian community is. Lots of charm and amazing food. There’s also Seaport (closer to Chinatown than the North End is). It’s a newer shopping/dining area. Young crowd. Upscale restaurants, nice bars. One of those dine-in movie theaters.

Just things to think about but there is plenty right around Tufts/Chinatown. I’d definitely check out everything that was mentioned in the previous reply! The theater district is also just next to Chinatown if you want to catch a show at the opera house, the Emerson Colonial, or the Wang. All really nice theaters.

Sorry for the long reply!

Anyone know when the next set of acceptances will be?
I interviewed end of Jan and they said committee will meet 2/14 and we'll receive a response 2/14-2/21. Fingers crossed for good news

Very walkable!
If you want to venture out just a little more (even still walkable from Chinatown), there’s the North End where the Italian community is. Lots of charm and amazing food. There’s also Seaport (closer to Chinatown than the North End is). It’s a newer shopping/dining area. Young crowd. Upscale restaurants, nice bars. One of those dine-in movie theaters.

Just things to think about but there is plenty right around Tufts/Chinatown. I’d definitely check out everything that was mentioned in the previous reply! The theater district is also just next to Chinatown if you want to catch a show at the opera house, the Emerson Colonial, or the Wang. All really nice theaters.

Sorry for the long reply!
Do you know if students tend to live downtown or further away and commute in?

i know of someone who was pre-II R from here. didn't know they did that but ig they do this year

Members don't see this ad :)
where do you see this?

If you get a II, an interview tab pops up which shows you a calendar of the available dates

Right now I see a 2/26, 3/4, 3/13, 3/18, and 3/20, people may have cancelled their interviews

If you get a II, an interview tab pops up which shows you a calendar of the available dates

Right now I see a 2/26, 3/4, 3/13, 3/18, and 3/20, people may have cancelled their interviews
oh wow !!! now only if i get an II !!!!

Do you know if more than one person is interviewed same day? Sorry if question sounds dumb but I was wondering if they interview a bunch in one day

Do you know if more than one person is interviewed same day? Sorry if question sounds dumb but I was wondering if they interview a bunch in one day

Yea most schools interview like 7-50 people a day

has anyone who received a deferred decision heard anything? I know practically nothing about what the deferral process means at Tufts

I haven’t heard anything from Tufts since submitting my secondary (marked complete on 08/30/2023) so I do not have high hopes, but I haven’t received a pre-interview invitation rejection yet either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does tufts accept new LOR as updates? and if so, do I submit through AMCAS or ask my writer to send to the admissions email.

does anyone know when deferred applicants typically hear back? i was deferred decision back in november

does anyone know when deferred applicants typically hear back? i was deferred decision back in november
Based on the thread from last year people with deferred decision found out if they caught the post interview R or got put on the waitlist on April 19th.

It looked like there was some waitlist movement especially for the Boston track. I also looked at threads from a few other years and there have been posts from people who have gotten A’s to both tracks after deferred decision.

Anyone else accepted in Jan but doesn’t have Tufts as an option on AMCAS “Choose your medical school”?

It just updated on the portal for me.

they didnt send pre-II rejections this cycle yet. so I am hoping................

I had emailed back in early January (pre-interview), and the office said then that they were only considering applications for interviews until late January. I emailed again today, and they said that they're now considering applications for interviews through mid-March. Not sure if this helps anyone, just trying to share what I've learned

Reactions: 12 users
Got the A!! OOS, interviewed 1/29 no previous ties to Boston

• Love
I had emailed back in early January (pre-interview), and the office said then that they were only considering applications for interviews until late January. I emailed again today, and they said that they're now considering applications for interviews through mid-March. Not sure if this helps anyone, just trying to share what I've learned
So you're saying there's a chance...

Feb 26 and three dates in March still open, should be 1-2 more waves

Reactions: 7 users
That’s actually so helpful. Thank you!

A!! Interviewed late Jan. In the candidate reply section, we are in fact supposed to choose “I accept” by 2/28 to hold our spot right? It’s not an actual commitment right?

• Love