You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Tufts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Speaking from my experience last cycle, they don't send pre-II Rs until late in the cycle. Last cycle, I sent my secondary in late August and didn't hear back until late March.Has Tufts been sending pre-II Rs yet?
spicy_lemon76
Full Member
anyone have any suggestions for people visiting tufts med / Boston? wanting to get a feel for the area and see some fun spots !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MDwannabe01
Full Member
anyone have any suggestions for people visiting tufts med / Boston? wanting to get a feel for the area and see some fun spots !
Tufts is in Chinatown which is truly downtown Boston so right by the med campus are the commons and the freedom trail all the touristy stuff you can check out! If you want to see a nice scenic area still very close by is Back Bay and Newbury Street (shops and art) and you can walk along the Esplanade on the Charles River. In my opinion Boston is very walkable so there’s a ton to see/do all within a mile or two of the Tufts campus!
D
deleted1174679
Sounds amazing!!!!! If only I got an IITufts is in Chinatown which is truly downtown Boston so right by the med campus are the commons and the freedom trail all the touristy stuff you can check out! If you want to see a nice scenic area still very close by is Back Bay and Newbury Street (shops and art) and you can walk along the Esplanade on the Charles River. In my opinion Boston is very walkable so there’s a ton to see/do all within a mile or two of the Tufts campus!
Very walkable!Tufts is in Chinatown which is truly downtown Boston so right by the med campus are the commons and the freedom trail all the touristy stuff you can check out! If you want to see a nice scenic area still very close by is Back Bay and Newbury Street (shops and art) and you can walk along the Esplanade on the Charles River. In my opinion Boston is very walkable so there’s a ton to see/do all within a mile or two of the Tufts campus!
If you want to venture out just a little more (even still walkable from Chinatown), there’s the North End where the Italian community is. Lots of charm and amazing food. There’s also Seaport (closer to Chinatown than the North End is). It’s a newer shopping/dining area. Young crowd. Upscale restaurants, nice bars. One of those dine-in movie theaters.
Just things to think about but there is plenty right around Tufts/Chinatown. I’d definitely check out everything that was mentioned in the previous reply! The theater district is also just next to Chinatown if you want to catch a show at the opera house, the Emerson Colonial, or the Wang. All really nice theaters.
Sorry for the long reply!
beepboop33
Full Member
I interviewed end of Jan and they said committee will meet 2/14 and we'll receive a response 2/14-2/21. Fingers crossed for good newsAnyone know when the next set of acceptances will be?
interestingdonkey
New Member
Do you know if students tend to live downtown or further away and commute in?Very walkable!
If you want to venture out just a little more (even still walkable from Chinatown), there’s the North End where the Italian community is. Lots of charm and amazing food. There’s also Seaport (closer to Chinatown than the North End is). It’s a newer shopping/dining area. Young crowd. Upscale restaurants, nice bars. One of those dine-in movie theaters.
Just things to think about but there is plenty right around Tufts/Chinatown. I’d definitely check out everything that was mentioned in the previous reply! The theater district is also just next to Chinatown if you want to catch a show at the opera house, the Emerson Colonial, or the Wang. All really nice theaters.
Sorry for the long reply!
Manifesting for us🤞🏻🤞🏻I interviewed end of Jan and they said committee will meet 2/14 and we'll receive a response 2/14-2/21. Fingers crossed for good news
D
deleted1174679
any interview invites?
D
deleted1174679
They started rejections already ?i know of someone who was pre-II R from here. didn't know they did that but ig they do this year
Oh yikesThey started rejections already ?
D
deleted1174679
where do you see this?2 dates left, 3/18 and 3/20, one last II wave left
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where do you see this?
If you get a II, an interview tab pops up which shows you a calendar of the available dates
Right now I see a 2/26, 3/4, 3/13, 3/18, and 3/20, people may have cancelled their interviews
D
deleted1174679
oh wow !!! now only if i get an II !!!!If you get a II, an interview tab pops up which shows you a calendar of the available dates
Right now I see a 2/26, 3/4, 3/13, 3/18, and 3/20, people may have cancelled their interviews
I guess we still have two II’s waves left to keep our hopes upoh wow !!! now only if i get an II !!!!
D
deleted1174679
Do you know if more than one person is interviewed same day? Sorry if question sounds dumb but I was wondering if they interview a bunch in one dayIf you get a II, an interview tab pops up which shows you a calendar of the available dates
Right now I see a 2/26, 3/4, 3/13, 3/18, and 3/20, people may have cancelled their interviews
Do you know if more than one person is interviewed same day? Sorry if question sounds dumb but I was wondering if they interview a bunch in one day
Yea most schools interview like 7-50 people a day
massachussetts123
Full Member
has anyone who received a deferred decision heard anything? I know practically nothing about what the deferral process means at Tufts
julianbashir
Full Member
I haven’t heard anything from Tufts since submitting my secondary (marked complete on 08/30/2023) so I do not have high hopes, but I haven’t received a pre-interview invitation rejection yet either.
Last edited:
Also Maine Track deferral, haven’t heard anything since December :/Also haven’t heard after Maine track deferral. Looking at last year, seems likely for a WL in April (low yield WL)
D
deleted1174679
Anyone else get an interview today ?
D
deleted1174679
Invite I meanAnyone else get an interview today ?
Based on the thread from last year people with deferred decision found out if they caught the post interview R or got put on the waitlist on April 19th.does anyone know when deferred applicants typically hear back? i was deferred decision back in november
That optimistic voice in the back of my head keeps taunting me “You still have a chance”. What a trialLove that for us
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
was anyone accepted?Based on the thread from last year people with deferred decision found out if they caught the post interview R or got put on the waitlist on April 19th.
It looked like there was some waitlist movement especially for the Boston track. I also looked at threads from a few other years and there have been posts from people who have gotten A’s to both tracks after deferred decision.
D
deleted1174679
Have they sent any pre ii rejections ?
SameAnyone else accepted in Jan but doesn’t have Tufts as an option on AMCAS “Choose your medical school”?
Last edited:
organiccotton
Full Member
OOS A, interviewed late January
D
deleted1174679
they didnt send pre-II rejections this cycle yet. so I am hoping................
DD… what are the chances of being accepted?
im wondering when we will hear back? is it really any time within the cycle?DD… what are the chances of being accepted?
cpr_girl_summer
Full Member
I had emailed back in early January (pre-interview), and the office said then that they were only considering applications for interviews until late January. I emailed again today, and they said that they're now considering applications for interviews through mid-March. Not sure if this helps anyone, just trying to share what I've learned
epicb0ss123
New Member
Got the A!! OOS, interviewed 1/29 no previous ties to Boston
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACKjp
Full Member
So you're saying there's a chance...I had emailed back in early January (pre-interview), and the office said then that they were only considering applications for interviews until late January. I emailed again today, and they said that they're now considering applications for interviews through mid-March. Not sure if this helps anyone, just trying to share what I've learned
D
deleted1124957
Feb 26 and three dates in March still open, should be 1-2 more waves
That’s actually so helpful. Thank you!I had emailed back in early January (pre-interview), and the office said then that they were only considering applications for interviews until late January. I emailed again today, and they said that they're now considering applications for interviews through mid-March. Not sure if this helps anyone, just trying to share what I've learned
cpr_girl_summer
Full Member
From your lips to Tufts' ears 🙏So you're saying there's a chance...
beepboop33
Full Member
A!! Interviewed late Jan. In the candidate reply section, we are in fact supposed to choose “I accept” by 2/28 to hold our spot right? It’s not an actual commitment right?