2023-2024 Tulane

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Historically, when does Tulane start sending out interviews for RD applicants?
 
I do not see a red exclamation point stating that my app is in progress in my portal, does this mean I have been assigned to a screener? I have not gotten email that says my app is "in review"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ED II were sent on august 1st last year so you won’t have it in time for those decisions. If interviewed, it should get to them before your app goes to the committee.

Yeah their website says all app materials before September, so I’m confused as well
 
In the "What have you been pursuing since you graduated?", is there a character/word limit? There doesn't appear to be!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you know if your app is under review? On the application portal it just says that my application is complete
 
How do you know if your app is under review? On the application portal it just says that my application is complete
When I submitted my secondary I got two emails, one says "Secondary Application Submitted Successfully" and the other says "Application Complete." The "Application Complete" one had info saying I am now under review. Double check your email and see if you got both! I got them immediately after submitting my secondary. As long as you had all other necessary stuff in when you submitted I bet you're all good.
 
It's a separate email after the completion one. Not sure it means a whole lot but it's exciting regardless, haha.
Is this what it says?

Dear Demetrius Demarcus St'Clair IV,

We would like to inform you that your application is complete. Your portal will have a red exclamation point stating you are in progress and this will remain until you are assigned to a screener. Once assigned, the checkmark will turn green and your application is now considered under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success.


I also can't find where this green/red exclamation point is in the portal lol
 
For the people who didn't get an email, go to your portal and look in the status tab. For some reason, they didn't send me a completion email but I can see the "email" in the portal.
 
Is this what it says?

Dear Demetrius Demarcus St'Clair IV,

We would like to inform you that your application is complete. Your portal will have a red exclamation point stating you are in progress and this will remain until you are assigned to a screener. Once assigned, the checkmark will turn green and your application is now considered under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success.


I also can't find where this green/red exclamation point is in the portal lol
This check mark bit seems to be a vestige from old cycles when they had a check mark. Based on threads from the past two years, it doesn't exist anymore.

Just over a week after my complete email (which is what you pasted) I received this:

"We would like to inform you that your application is complete and under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success."

Seems to be separate to me. It does not reflect anything different in the "status" section of the portal but if you go to communication status specifically you should see one email saying you're complete and another saying you're under review (if you're under review, of course, I'm sure they have to get through the massive amounts of apps in batches).
 
This check mark bit seems to be a vestige from old cycles when they had a check mark. Based on threads from the past two years, it doesn't exist anymore.

Just over a week after my complete email (which is what you pasted) I received this:

"We would like to inform you that your application is complete and under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success."

Seems to be separate to me. It does not reflect anything different in the "status" section of the portal but if you go to communication status specifically you should see one email saying you're complete and another saying you're under review (if you're under review, of course, I'm sure they have to get through the massive amounts of apps in batches).
when did you submit if you dont mind me asking?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad