You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
But see, they probably want to make decisions on their ED applicants before that.ED moved to RD. Disappointed since I sent them an email week ago that my mcat retake score won’t come out till end of August.
Take heart that you were kept in the RD pool and not turned down at this point.
ED applicant, got the email saying I got bumped to regular….
Does anyone who applied last cycle know when regular decision interview invites get sent out?
I saw on the website that ED acceptances start coming out on Oct 1 and RD acceptances start coming out on Oct 15.
With this in mind would it be safe to assume that 2 weeks from now RD interview invites will get sent?
Does anyone who applied last cycle know when regular decision interview invites get sent out?
I saw on the website that ED acceptances start coming out on Oct 1 and RD acceptances start coming out on Oct 15.
With this in mind would it be safe to assume that 2 weeks from now RD interview invites will get sent?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mid Aug is a safe guessED applicant, got the email saying I got bumped to regular….
Does anyone who applied last cycle know when regular decision interview invites get sent out?
I saw on the website that ED acceptances start coming out on Oct 1 and RD acceptances start coming out on Oct 15.
With this in mind would it be safe to assume that 2 weeks from now RD interview invites will get sent?
I think if I remember from last year people started getting RD II invites about two weeks after people got ED II invitesED applicant, got the email saying I got bumped to regular….
Does anyone who applied last cycle know when regular decision interview invites get sent out?
I saw on the website that ED acceptances start coming out on Oct 1 and RD acceptances start coming out on Oct 15.
With this in mind would it be safe to assume that 2 weeks from now RD interview invites will get sent?
What does that usually mean in terms of chances for a II? Does anyone know?Application Under Review Email. Complete 7/11
No idea.What does that usually mean in terms of chances for a II? Does anyone know?
People under review right now:
Your odds are about as good as they can be. They haven't filled any non-ED interview dates yet which means they are going to be the most liberal with sending out invites. That said, Tulane is one of the "lowest-yield" programs so it's a crapshoot. I'd say about half of their admitted students have a connection to Louisiana in some way and the other half are completely new. RD II should begin in the next couple of weeks.
ED Applicants with Interviews:
Congrats! Tulane tends to get back to their ED applicants at the end of the AAMC required schedule. Admissions decisions will likely be on 9/29 though they technically have until 10/2 due to weekend rules. Start prepping for interviews and keep in mind that Tulane's interviews tend to be pretty casual. Keeping anxiety in check is a huge help.
ED -> RD applicants:
While disappointing, this is not the end of your cycle. Decide if you want to apply elsewhere and get those applications in as soon as you can. I know at least two ED->RD applicants from last cycle who will be matriculating later this week. If you have new updates to send (such as a new MCAT score), make sure to email them and let them know. Your application is earmarked for further review and you stand a better shot than a typical RD applicant.
Your odds are about as good as they can be. They haven't filled any non-ED interview dates yet which means they are going to be the most liberal with sending out invites. That said, Tulane is one of the "lowest-yield" programs so it's a crapshoot. I'd say about half of their admitted students have a connection to Louisiana in some way and the other half are completely new. RD II should begin in the next couple of weeks.
ED Applicants with Interviews:
Congrats! Tulane tends to get back to their ED applicants at the end of the AAMC required schedule. Admissions decisions will likely be on 9/29 though they technically have until 10/2 due to weekend rules. Start prepping for interviews and keep in mind that Tulane's interviews tend to be pretty casual. Keeping anxiety in check is a huge help.
ED -> RD applicants:
While disappointing, this is not the end of your cycle. Decide if you want to apply elsewhere and get those applications in as soon as you can. I know at least two ED->RD applicants from last cycle who will be matriculating later this week. If you have new updates to send (such as a new MCAT score), make sure to email them and let them know. Your application is earmarked for further review and you stand a better shot than a typical RD applicant.
Still waiting from submitting on 7/13 to be under review 🙁
Hey! Did this every get answered? I have the same question.Just received new grades from summer courses, all A's. When submitting an update through the application portal should I just upload a copy of my official transcript, or do I write a formal letter along with the transcript. Thank you in advance for any advice.
I ended up submitting the transcript through the application portal without any other document. I know that it will be considered an unofficial transcript, but I provided all the necessary information in the title for them to understand what it was.Hey! Did this every get answered? I have the same question.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone still waiting to get under review that submitted 7/13?
Submitted 7/12 and have not gotten anythingAnyone still waiting to get under review that submitted 7/13?
Where am I supposed to see the red exclamation point? I only see green check marks and have since I submitted.
Had the same question earlier!Where am I supposed to see the red exclamation point? I only see green check marks and have since I submitted.
Where am I supposed to see the red exclamation point? I only see green check marks and have since I submitted.
There is no red exclamation mark. I think that was just left over script from previous years when there used to be an exclamation before going under review.
Cool, I have to do this as well. Thanks for the response!I ended up submitting the transcript through the application portal without any other document. I know that it will be considered an unofficial transcript, but I provided all the necessary information in the title for them to understand what it was.
+1. I'm Louisiana resident and I though they prioritized those to move to under review, worried seeing others under review who submitted later.Still waiting from submitting on 7/13 to be under review 🙁
premed155180
Full Member
Just got the email stating that I'm "Under Review", received secondary on 7/13 and submitted 7/15
+1. I'm Louisiana resident and I though they prioritized those to move to under review, worried seeing others under review who submitted later.
Just got under review
aightmanokay
Full Member
Submitted 7/10, never got an under review email and my portal status hasn't changed. Guess they skipped over me.
premed155180
Full Member
Does anyone know if all applicants eventually get an "Under Review" status? Moreover, does receiving an "Under Review" status earlier indicate that one may have a better chance of receiving an interview invite?Submitted 7/10, never got an under review email and my portal status hasn't changed. Guess they skipped over me.
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
Submitted 7/10, never got an under review email and my portal status hasn't changed. Guess they skipped over me.
+1, submitted 7/11 !
Submitted 7/7 same deal, so confusingSubmitted 7/10, never got an under review email and my portal status hasn't changed. Guess they skipped over me.
aightmanokay
Full Member
Since there are so few of us maybe that means we're getting interviews soon 🤞Submitted 7/7 same deal, so confusing
aightmanokay
Full Member
7/10 Finally under review
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wondering the same thingDoes anyone know if all applicants eventually get an "Under Review" status? Moreover, does receiving an "Under Review" status earlier indicate that one may have a better chance of receiving an interview invite?
Marked under review just now. Submitted 7/14/
mickeymice
Full Member
Congrats! I think you know question that comes next... Stats, Completion Date, Under Review date?Got the email today for the RD interview!
Congrats! I think you know question that comes next... Stats, Completion Date, Under Review date?
-ED applicant but got bumped to regular
-primary submitted and verified 6/5/23
-secondary submitted 7/5/23
Anyone else get an under review email, but their portal status hasn't changed/doesn't reflect this?
D
deleted1071450
+1Anyone else get an under review email, but their portal status hasn't changed/doesn't reflect this?
scarletblaze
Full Member
I was verified on 7/27 but didn't get the secondary until 8/1. I'd assume you'll get yours soon.I submitted my primary 6/24 and I got vertified 7/31. I haven’t got a secondary. Should I be concerned? I know they send it out to everyone?
born-business
New Member
+1Anyone else get an under review email, but their portal status hasn't changed/doesn't reflect this?
248pinkalicious
Full Member
+1 OOS interview RD LM 81.
AspiringDoctorTKD
Full Member
Is anyone else that submitted 7/14 waiting for the "under review" email?
Pipi&Pomegranate
Full Member
congrats!! Would you mind share your under review date?+1 OOS interview RD LM 81.
248pinkalicious
Full Member
7/26congrats!! Would you mind share your under review date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted 7/7 and still waiting lol.Is anyone else that submitted 7/14 waiting for the "under review" email?
Last edited:
Nope! IS under review 7/18
guava-isoniazid
Full Member
Question! I submitted secondary 7/27 and the same day received an “Application Complete” email. Does that mean I’m under review? I don’t see a red exclamation mark in my portal….
Same thing and question…Question! I submitted secondary 7/27 and the same day received an “Application Complete” email. Does that mean I’m under review? I don’t see a red exclamation mark in my portal….