You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UC Davis
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
any other IS solid stats waiting for a secondary
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still waiting, IS LM 75, ties to northern & central california tooany other IS solid stats waiting for a secondary
tsuritovvs
New Member
How do you attach evidence for the activities? For example a certificate of accomplishment for a community service/advocacy club. Does this count towards the character limit?
I put links into my description, but used bit.ly to try and make them as short as possible so they didn't take away from my character count as much.How do you attach evidence for the activities? For example a certificate of accomplishment for a community service/advocacy club. Does this count towards the character limit?
tsuritovvs
New Member
Thanks, did you upload them to google drive first or something?I put links into my description, but used bit.ly to try and make them as short as possible so they didn't take away from my character count as much.
if we havent gotten a Secondary by now does that mean we were screened out T__T
jblackster
Full Member
I don't think we had to for the activities portion, I don't see anywhere where it says to.Oh were we supposed to attach evidence… Oops…
Yep!Thanks, did you upload them to google drive first or something?
My app was verified 6/10. Still haven’t received anything from Davis. Should I assume I won’t be getting a secondary from them? IS and grew up in the Bay Area. I retook the MCAT (score is being released on Tuesday) so are they waiting for that?
Verified 7/10 IS URM secondary received today
IS secondary received 7/5. Does anyone know what % applicants receive a secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lilcinnamonbun7
Full Member
Medical school secondary applications: Make yours stand out According to this article, potentially less than half?IS secondary received 7/5. Does anyone know what % applicants receive a secondary?
"In fact, whether or not an applicant gets a secondary application will depend on the institution. For instance, at the University of California, Davis, School of Medicine (UC Davis), less than half of applicants receive a secondary application request."
Not necessarily. It doesn't always happen in order of received. In general though, it’s a computer screen. Adcoms then review apps that do not pass the initial screen. They’ll decide whether to send a secondary or reject the applicant. Secondaries may be offered anytime between now and January.if we havent gotten a Secondary by now does that mean we were screened out T__T
After you’ve submitted a secondary, several people will read your primary/secondary app before determining whether you are offered an interview.
In terms of how many get a secondary, usually its around 2500-3000 total (varies based on overall number of applicants and fit). About 500 or so interviews are offered each year (again, could be more based on number of overall secondaries submitted and fit).IS secondary received 7/5. Does anyone know what % applicants receive a secondary?
-Current MS3 familiar with admissions
Does anyone know the percentage of OOS applicants they accept??
Last year it was 2 of 133.Does anyone know the percentage of OOS applicants they accept??
Some years it’s zero.
@Rooks did you mean to post this on the Rochester page?RMC employs the following requirements for individual letters of recommendation:
What if I don't have a professional non-academic letter? 😢 I have really good relationships with the professors I worked with and they wrote about my teamwork and social skills and stuff. is it an instant denial?
- Academic Letter: an individual who can critically evaluate your academic strengths and abilities, as well as your preparedness and suitability for a rigorous medical school curriculum. The academic letter does not need to be written by a science faculty member.
- Professional Non-Academic Letter: an individual who has worked with you in a professional capacity and can insightfully address your personal strengths and attributes (e.g. resilience, dependability, social skills, cultural competence, service orientation, etc.) and the value these would bring to the diversity of the class, the patients you see, and the communities we serve. Examples might include a work supervisor, volunteer coordinator, and/or physician shadowed.
- Personal Letter: an individual who has an in-depth perspective of you and can objectively assess your personal qualities. This letter should be a deeper, more personal letter that discusses who you are as an individual and addresses your personal goals, characteristics, and aspirations for a career in medicine. This individual should be someone who has had substantial contact with you during the past 24 months. Letters from friends and family will not be accepted.
Me! UC Davis is a top choice I'm bummed...I was verified 6/7, submitted for verification day 2...idkany other IS solid stats waiting for a secondary
OH LOL my mistake! I meant to post that on another school@Rooks did you mean to post this on the Rochester page?
Applying as OOS is definitely a long shot. For my class, UCD interviewed a total of 7 OOS students and matriculated 6 (I don't know how many submitted a secondary). Class of 2026 had 17 OOS interviews with 5 matriculating. I applied from OOS, and my only ties to the area were my husband's extended family. I am UMR and from a rural community though, so my experiences likely fit what they were looking for.Does anyone know the percentage of OOS applicants they accept??
tsuritovvs
New Member
did you guys submit evidence for the activities?Same for me! Couldn't view the descriptions.
congrats! stats? and are you socal/norcal?IS Secondary Invite received just now!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 InternationalIS Secondary Invite received just now!
IS Secondary Invite received just now!
+1 IS. I thought I got screened out already bc my only tie to NorCal was college [emoji1784]
IS secondary received (verified 7/13, no ties to Northern Cali)
+1 SoCal resident 505 MCAT, 3.9 sGPA (verified 6/26)IS secondary received (verified 7/13, no ties to Northern Cali)
Pikablue
Full Member
+1 IS, no NorCal ties, mediocre statsIS Secondary Invite received just now!
+1 IS, Central CA ties, 75LM, no primary care shadowing
nearly identical stats and residence... hoping to hear from them soon 🙁+1 SoCal resident 505 MCAT, 3.9 sGPA (verified 6/26)
OOS secondary today no central cal ties, LM71
When we're u verifiedOOS secondary today no central cal ties, LM71
june 16When we're u verified
Did anyone else get an email from UCD reminding them to take the preview?
Was it like a primary received kind of email? It had the preview exam reminder highlighted and I got it the day I got verifiedDid anyone else get an email from UCD reminding them to take the preview?
Light the beam!!OOS secondary received today, ties to NorCal (go Kings!), LM 75. Verified mid-June
+1
Late to this thread but secondary received 7/13 after being verified on 7/10. IS, regional ties (Sacramento native), UCD undergrad, low stats, ORM Asian
Late to this thread but secondary received 7/13 after being verified on 7/10. IS, regional ties (Sacramento native), UCD undergrad, low stats, ORM Asian
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pandastory
Full Member
What are some good activities to highlight? UC Davis looking for underserved work? Also if we were going to put a publication, are you guys using links or pbmid
D
deleted1124957
IS socal with ties to norcal, still waiting. Anyone ever tried calling/emailing admissions?
Same here. I saw in last year's thread that they really don't like being contacted about this kind of stuffIS socal with ties to norcal, still waiting. Anyone ever tried calling/emailing admissions?
Pikablue
Full Member
I don't think they do. I know some people who applied in previous years and never got the secondary even though they were IS with decent stats. I don't know how much they screen, but I'm guessing they screen for "mission fit"Same here. I saw in last year's thread that they really don't like being contacted about this kind of stuff
I interviewed last year and I still haven't gotten a secondary lol. They just come out slowly