2023-2024 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks for the reassurance, and best of luck to you this cycle!!
Of course! Thanks so much! Hoping for the best for both of us✌🏼

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we can turn a link in the secondary into a tiny.url (to save character space)

1692301150516.png

Would addressing my lower GPA during the first three years be worth mentioning for the first question? My average GPA falls within their 10-90% percentile and I worry that bringing up how my GPA is lower may provide unnecessary attention towards it, what do you think? Here is the first question for reference:

Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee (This could include explanation of metric trends, institutional actions, legal violations, etc.) Please enter N/A if no concerns to report.

View attachment 375781
Would addressing my lower GPA during the first three years be worth mentioning for the first question? My average GPA falls within their 10-90% percentile and I worry that bringing up how my GPA is lower may provide unnecessary attention towards it, what do you think? Here is the first question for reference:

Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee (This could include explanation of metric trends, institutional actions, legal violations, etc.) Please enter N/A if no concerns to report.
Yes absolutely

UC Davis is my top choice and I recently just got my preview score back. Do I need to do anything on my end to ensure my application is complete? Also, would it hurt my application that my preview score came in so late? Thanks!

UC Davis is my top choice and I recently just got my preview score back. Do I need to do anything on my end to ensure my application is complete? Also, would it hurt my application that my preview score came in so late? Thanks!
It is not late per this document:

4. WILL MY APPLICATION BE AT A DISADVANTAGE IF I TEST LATE SUMMER OR SEPTEMBER?
Similar to the MCAT, please take the AAMC PREview by the end of September of your application year. There is no disadvantage for scores arriving through October. Applicants with a later exam in the calendar year will have the same access to holistic admissions review.

Also this AAMC PREview FAQ mentions that it will be automatically sent to participating programs:

How will the schools get my score for my 2024 AMCAS® application?

PREview scores will be released to examinees and participating schools in April through November depending on the exam date. Scores will be automatically pulled in to the AMCAS application – you do not need to take any additional action to include your PREview score in your AMCAS application.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone receive their secondary almost a month after submitting? kinda losing hope.
I received an email confirmation that they got my primary application in first week of July and did not get secondary until beginning of the 4th week.

I don’t think I’m getting one which sucks haha I got an email indicating they received my primary the first day of July.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
have they sent out any more interviews?

Not sure about recently, but submitted my primary on 08/15 around 11am PDT and received secondary on 08/15 at 8pm

What?? That means they don’t screen or what haha I submitted my primary May 31 and never received a secondary but my stats are above their medians

What?? That means they don’t screen or what haha I submitted my primary May 31 and never received a secondary but my stats are above their medians
They may initially screen by factors like zip code, EO1/2 status, or “other impactful statement.”

Same here, disadvantaged, verified with ties day one. What a strange screening for this school, got UCSF, Davis is the only secondary im missing.

Reactions: 1 users
Same here, disadvantaged, verified with ties day one. What a strange screening for this school, got UCSF, Davis is the only secondary im missing.
Same. Disadvantage. URM. First generation. But I’m from SoCal so maybe that’s why I haven’t received one 🤔

Does anyone know if we should put both grades in the prerequisites if we repeated a course?

For those who already received an II from UCD, when did you get your preview score back?
I submitted my secondary early in July but didn’t get my preview score back until late August so I’m not sure if that delayed when they review my application for an II…
Please let me know and thanks in advance!

For those who already received an II from UCD, when did you get your preview score back?
I submitted my secondary early in July but didn’t get my preview score back until late August so I’m not sure if that delayed when they review my application for an II…
Please let me know and thanks in advance!
IS, LM 74.9, preview score sometime in July

II yesterday, feeling very grateful. Davis is one of my top choices - love the area and mission. Fingers crossed.

Eyy congrats! If you don't mind, when were you complete and what are you stats?

does anyone know if you applied for PRIME, do you get an interview invite later in the cycle?

does anyone know if you applied for PRIME, do you get an interview invite later in the cycle?
Two MS1 friends who interviewed for Rural-PRIME said that they interviewed for the program after acceptance from regular MD. From the portal, it looks like it's the same process this year.

II received 9/11! Dates were only in October if I remember correctly.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I just got a secondary. Is it even worth applying (from la, lm 73, already have a few interviews) it's 120$$$

I just got a secondary. Is it even worth applying (from la, lm 73, already have a few interviews) it's 120$$$
You're IS and the interview season just begun. Unless you have an A to a school you'd rather go to over Davis I would definitely submit the secondary (if you're financially able), they screen somewhat so def worth something that you got a secondary :)

Why not do it? They are selective with who they send secondaries to. I would say go for it