2023-2024 UC Davis

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1692301150516.png

Would addressing my lower GPA during the first three years be worth mentioning for the first question? My average GPA falls within their 10-90% percentile and I worry that bringing up how my GPA is lower may provide unnecessary attention towards it, what do you think? Here is the first question for reference:

Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee (This could include explanation of metric trends, institutional actions, legal violations, etc.) Please enter N/A if no concerns to report.
 
View attachment 375781
Would addressing my lower GPA during the first three years be worth mentioning for the first question? My average GPA falls within their 10-90% percentile and I worry that bringing up how my GPA is lower may provide unnecessary attention towards it, what do you think? Here is the first question for reference:

Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee (This could include explanation of metric trends, institutional actions, legal violations, etc.) Please enter N/A if no concerns to report.
Yes absolutely
 
UC Davis is my top choice and I recently just got my preview score back. Do I need to do anything on my end to ensure my application is complete? Also, would it hurt my application that my preview score came in so late? Thanks!
 
UC Davis is my top choice and I recently just got my preview score back. Do I need to do anything on my end to ensure my application is complete? Also, would it hurt my application that my preview score came in so late? Thanks!
It is not late per this document:

4. WILL MY APPLICATION BE AT A DISADVANTAGE IF I TEST LATE SUMMER OR SEPTEMBER?
Similar to the MCAT, please take the AAMC PREview by the end of September of your application year. There is no disadvantage for scores arriving through October. Applicants with a later exam in the calendar year will have the same access to holistic admissions review.



Also this AAMC PREview FAQ mentions that it will be automatically sent to participating programs:

How will the schools get my score for my 2024 AMCAS® application?​

PREview scores will be released to examinees and participating schools in April through November depending on the exam date. Scores will be automatically pulled in to the AMCAS application – you do not need to take any additional action to include your PREview score in your AMCAS application.
 
Any secondaries sent out recently? Looks like no one answered UncompetitiveInhibitor last week
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure about recently, but submitted my primary on 08/15 around 11am PDT and received secondary on 08/15 at 8pm

What?? That means they don’t screen or what haha I submitted my primary May 31 and never received a secondary but my stats are above their medians
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who already received an II from UCD, when did you get your preview score back?
I submitted my secondary early in July but didn’t get my preview score back until late August so I’m not sure if that delayed when they review my application for an II…
Please let me know and thanks in advance!
 
II yesterday, feeling very grateful. Davis is one of my top choices - love the area and mission. Fingers crossed.
 
does anyone know if you applied for PRIME, do you get an interview invite later in the cycle?
Two MS1 friends who interviewed for Rural-PRIME said that they interviewed for the program after acceptance from regular MD. From the portal, it looks like it's the same process this year.
 
I just got a secondary. Is it even worth applying (from la, lm 73, already have a few interviews) it's 120$$$
You're IS and the interview season just begun. Unless you have an A to a school you'd rather go to over Davis I would definitely submit the secondary (if you're financially able), they screen somewhat so def worth something that you got a secondary 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Verified 7/12 and still no secondary. Last year, I was verified 8/7 and received the secondary 9/14 so it's a little odd that I haven't received it yet. unless of course they want to reject me loool