You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UC San Francisco
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
futuredoctoryakwtfgo
New Member
I got the A hour ago! Didn't get the FA packet tho. Congrats to everyone who got the A!!
MedMaxFuryRoad
Full Member
maybe they're sending R emails later then??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
anyone interview 1/22 or later and hear back yet?
+1 IS WL some time ago
MedMaxFuryRoad
Full Member
if they're accepting people from december/january what's the purpose of the second wave? are they still interviewing
ooglybooglyy
New Member
IS A!!; interviewed 11/30 for PRIME-USAnybody accepted MD that interview for PRIME US?
Also applied with a 508 MCAT score, so feeling SUPER SUPER grateful 😭😭
Last edited:
CONGRATS!!!! Did you just hear back for regular MD or PRIME as well?IS A!!; interviewed 11/30 for PRIME-US
ooglybooglyy
New Member
Thank you!! I just heard back for regular MD, but I believe that PRIME acceptances come out around March (could be wrong tho)CONGRATS!!!! Did you just hear back for regular MD or PRIME as well?
I interviewed JMP-PRIME on 1/9. No updates yet. (So nervous!!)Anybody accepted MD that interview for PRIME US?
if they're accepting people from december/january what's the purpose of the second wave? are they still interviewing
Someone mentioned they got an II and it was scheduling for next week. Second wave is likely for those yet to interview and those they didn’t get to yet for this wave
pandastory
Full Member
Do you presume they'll have another interview date?Someone mentioned they got an II and it was scheduling for next week. Second wave is likely for those yet to interview and those they didn’t get to yet for this wave
pandastory
Full Member
Congratulations to those who received As, you all deserve it so much.
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
I would guess that they are mostly doing early Jan, but mid/late Jan and Feb folks are the second wave.if they're accepting people from december/january what's the purpose of the second wave? are they still interviewing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sweet_human
Full Member
ya'll know when people start getting off of the alt list? I know for some schools its around May.
I interviewed on 02/05, and they told us the admission decisions for 02/05 and 02/13 interviews will be released last week of Februray - first week of March. Not sure about the late January interviews thoughif they're accepting people from december/january what's the purpose of the second wave? are they still interviewing
Last edited:
ya'll know when people start getting off of the alt list? I know for some schools its around May.
Their website says May 1st
Do you presume they'll have another interview date?
I’m not sure :/ they may have a couple more but they finish end of feb
QuantumExplorer42
New Member
I interviewed back in October and have heard nothing today do I assume that's an R?
+1, that’s what I’m figuring. Guessing it’ll come between 4-5 pmI interviewed back in October and have heard nothing today do I assume that's an R?
A a few hours ago! Interviewed late Sept
1/18 and havent heard back
Did everyone who interviewed early to mid January hear back?
1/18 and havent heard back
1/22 haven’t heard back either
Latest date I saw posted on here was 1/16
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
1/23 and I haven’t heard either
Would it be unreasonable to call and ask up to what interview date they have made decisions for lol
aviaquadog
Full Member
would you be able to ask if early interviews who haven’t received A’s or WL are still being considered pleaseWould it be unreasonable to call and ask up to what interview date they have made decisions for lol
So I called and they told me they released As and WLs but made no rejection decisions yet. They told me no decision has been made on my app yet and I will be in the second wave
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
so I take it anything 1/22 or beyond has not been reviewed as of yet?So I called and they told me they released As and WLs but made no rejection decisions yet. They told me no decision has been made on my app yet and I will be in the second wave
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
milkcarton
Full Member
Can someone plz tell me if that means those who interviewed in the fall and haven’t heard back yet are rejectedSo I called and they told me they released As and WLs but made no rejection decisions yet. They told me no decision has been made on my app yet and I will be in the second wave
so I take it anything 1/22 or beyond has not been reviewed as of yet?
I’m assuming yes
aviaquadog
Full Member
If no decision has been made does that mean the debate is between WL and R given our II time in the cycle? Or else we would have been WL right?🥲So I called and they told me they released As and WLs but made no rejection decisions yet. They told me no decision has been made on my app yet and I will be in the second wave
If no decision has been made does that mean the debate is between WL and R given our II time in the cycle? Or else we would have been WL right?🥲
Could be that they want to review your application again for the second wave?
lavenderhazy
Full Member
does that mean anyone who interviewed in the fall who hasn't gotten a decision yet has essentially been deferred to the next wave? why weren't we notified of this
You could call and ask about the status of your application? They are super nice and willing to let you know—they offered and I didn’t even ask lol
You literally rock for this!So I called and they told me they released As and WLs but made no rejection decisions yet. They told me no decision has been made on my app yet and I will be in the second wave
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
I interviewed 1/23 but honestly maybe I am done cos I was JMP but got rejected from the regular med school pre-II, and it seems those have gone out? Ugh
MedMaxFuryRoad
Full Member
So it’s looking like if you interviewed earlier on and didn’t get any decision today they’re probably debating whether they want to send you a straight rejection vs a waitlist right
Maybe. Could also just be behind on general A/WL/R decisions considering they said decisions would be released late last week/early this week and were just released today.So it’s looking like if you interviewed earlier on and didn’t get any decision today they’re probably debating whether they want to send you a straight rejection vs a waitlist right
D
deleted1184058
I interviewed 01/11 for PRIME-SJV, should I assume R if I didn't hear back today or is it still too early to tell?
Debating between R or WL is ridiculous lol theyre basically the same thing. Why couldn’t they communicate to people who didn’t get a decision today that they would be deferred to the second wave? Wild man
Yes im salty
I feel you that med schools should be more transparent. But in their defense, if sdn and Reddit didn’t exist no one would know when others heard back and there wouldn’t be so much stress. I wish it was different because I’ve been led on by too many schools at this point
brazzimamma
Full Member
Same but mid-August for me. I think I’m gonna call tomorrow and ask if my app is still under review or not.Still haven’t received an II yet. Secondary complete in September. Anyone know if there will be any more interview dates? Website says IIs go out until early February. We’re kind of reaching the end of that period soon 😅
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just to confirm, accepting their current offer is non-binding and is only a confirmation of continued interest, correct?
Correct! Nothing is binding until April 15th and eventually April 30th
Just to confirm, accepting their current offer is non-binding and is only a confirmation of continued interest, correct?
It’s UCSF bro. Can’t get better than this. Just messing with you lol
But san Francisco has poop on every street corner 🥺🥺🥺It’s UCSF bro. Can’t get better than this. Just messing with you lol
idkkk maaaan, im an east coaster so schools here got a hold on me tooIt’s UCSF bro. Can’t get better than this. Just messing with you lol
GreatPanda
Full Member
Wondering if all the WL emails were the same? UCSF has been so kind in communications 😳