You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No. I received my secondary yesterday at 3 am PST and took my PREview exam at 1 pm PST.Those of you who got secondaries - did you have a PREVIEW score?
limoncito
Full Member
If the committee letter attaches letters shouldn't it count tho? For example I sent 6 letters to my committee and they said that they would include every letter with their own committee letter, so idkSo I'm looking at the secondary email and UCLA is requiring 3 letters of recommendation but a committee letter counts as one? Guess I should have double checked
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received Acknowledgement of DGSOM Primary Application on 7/2 but no secondary yet. IS, verified 6/15
same hereReceived Acknowledgement of DGSOM Primary Application on 7/2 but no secondary yet. IS, verified 6/15
garnmonster
Full Member
i was verified on 6/6, got the email that they got my primary (OOS though), and i keep going back and forth between well i should prewrite my answers so i can submit right away and they probably rejected me already so i shouldn’t bother
My application portal shows a check mark for the LORs so I am going to assume I meet the requirement but I'm not sureIf the committee letter attaches letters shouldn't it count tho? For example I sent 6 letters to my committee and they said that they would include every letter with their own committee letter, so idk
soundofsilence
Full Member
they probably received "application received" email
limoncito
Full Member
Emailed them and they said this "We recommend 3-5 letters to be uploaded as a letter packet. If the committee letter has one letter signed by the committee it would count as one letter. If the letter packet has at least 3 supporting letters included then that would fulfill our requirement."My application portal shows a check mark for the LORs so I am going to assume I meet the requirement but I'm not sure
premadbaddie
Full Member
OOS secondary received this morning. AMCAS processed 6/13 and UCLA acknowledge receipt July 2. Hopefully this helps you guys figure out the pattern lol
Nope, dont get it back til the 18th. Received my secondary today, ISThose of you who got secondaries - did you have a PREVIEW score?
IS secondary received just now (email acknowledgment of received application was received an hour ago, and my AMCAS was verified 7/13). Hope this additional info helps with figuring out a pattern!
(First UC I've heard back from)
(First UC I've heard back from)
Last edited:
OOS secondary received
OOS secondary received, LizzM score: 71
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whyamihere99
New Member
anyone else IS getting really nervous 😅
Yeah i think they’re doing it by region or schools. Neither myself nor two of my friends who attend the same school as myself and are both very strong applicants haven’t recieved a secondary, so i think it might be based on region/school
Same area with nothingIs is possible that they're sending out secondaries by region? I was verified 5/31, received confirmation of application 7/1, and haven't received a secondary. OOS from MA. Idk if I got screened out with a 520 and 3.97 but I'm getting nervous lol
notanorthobro
Full Member
+1 international
Me 😭 IS, verified 6/2 and haven’t gotten any UC secondaries except Davisanyone else IS getting really nervous 😅
Looking back through the forum, it seems like a handful of IS and OOS get it everyday, so maybe they’re just doing random batches? It seems like they’re still coming in steadily though, so they probably just haven’t gotten to those of us who didn’t get a secondary yet (fingers crossed anyway)
That's what I'm thinking too! I was very shocked to get one tbh... so if I got one I feel like y'all will!Looking back through the forum, it seems like a handful of IS and OOS get it everyday, so maybe they’re just doing random batches? It seems like they’re still coming in steadily though, so they probably just haven’t gotten to those of us who didn’t get a secondary yet (fingers crossed anyway)
brazzimamma
Full Member
Yeah I was verified 6/14 and received secondary 7/12when were you verified?
brazzimamma
Full Member
Was having the same trouble. Combed through their website to find their mission statement to see if that was it haha iI ended up deciding and writing as if it were fill in the blank after googling a bit about how to answer the questionsthis is kind of a stupid question but my brain is broken. when they say outstanding physician AND…, do they want us to fill in that blank? or can we answer more generally?
same 🥲Verified the first week of June, haven't heard from any UCs except acknowledgement of the primary. ****ting bricks lol
at least you got davis 🥲 do you have preview done?Me 😭 IS, verified 6/2 and haven’t gotten any UC secondaries except Davis
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
IS Secondary Received 7/12, Submitted 5/30, Verified a couple days later, 3.73 science, 3.77 overall, 508 (125/125/127/131), URM
Also waiting for all UC Schools except UCI and UCLA.
Also waiting for all UC Schools except UCI and UCLA.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats friend! Do you have preview completed?IS Secondary Received 7/12, Submitted 5/30, Verified a couple days later, 3.73 science, 3.77 overall, 508 (125/125/127/131), URM
Also waiting for all UC Schools except UCI and UCLA.
I do! Although it seems like a few have gotten secondaries without having their score back.at least you got davis 🥲 do you have preview done?
Same! it's become clear though some just require that you have it scheduled, others need the score in. Who knows how it works for davis. I get mine soon thankfully. Davis is the dream!I do! Although it seems like a few have gotten secondaries without having their score back.
Fill in the blank! What you want to use to fill in the blank is up to you. DGSOM feels very strongly that we are all physician and somethings.this is kind of a stupid question but my brain is broken. when they say outstanding physician AND…, do they want us to fill in that blank? or can we answer more generally?
homiesweup
Full Member
I feel like I should assume that I just got screened out at this point: LM 75, verified on 6/24
Last edited:
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
6/15 I took it but have not gotten my score back!congrats friend! Do you have preview completed?
I got a secondary recently. I took preview in June but I don’t get my score back till later this month.Those of you who got secondaries - did you have a PREVIEW score?
If it makes you feel better. I am still waiting too for every single california school. I also went to UCLA so really hoping it's just a regional thing. MY stats are fine too so idk.verified 5/30 and still waiting so idk if there's a system to all this LOL i also have preview scores sent and am a ucla undergrad so unsure if I've been screened out already
Anyone get a secondary with a low preview? Got my preview back a few weeks ago and it's a 4/9 so I'm wondering if that got me screened out
I can’t imagine them screening out nearly half of their applicant pool based on such a new testAnyone get a secondary with a low preview? Got my preview back a few weeks ago and it's a 4/9 so I'm wondering if that got me screened out
Student2000!
Full Member
I had a 4/9 and got a secondary early todayAnyone get a secondary with a low preview? Got my preview back a few weeks ago and it's a 4/9 so I'm wondering if that got me screened out
OOS recieved 7/15 6:02 am
dracotarg
Full Member
OOS recieved 7/15 6:02 am
+1 6:01 AM. verified early on. no preview scores yet
homiesweup
Full Member
I feel like I should assume that I just got screened out at this point: LM 75, verified on 6/24 & IS
Real happy I’m wrong
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here. IS. Verified 5/31. Received UC Davis, but no other CA schools.Me 😭 IS, verified 6/2 and haven’t gotten any UC secondaries except Davis
Verified 7/13 just received OOS acknowledgement
IS secondary received.
Are our letters also due within the two week period? PI out here lagging lol
also went to ucla and still waiting, majority of my activities are through there too lol. not sure what to thinkIf it makes you feel better. I am still waiting too for every single california school. I also went to UCLA so really hoping it's just a regional thing. MY stats are fine too so idk.