2023-2024 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lots of time left to grab a II! It's also possible they organize review by high stat applicants first
I have an LM of 76, but I'm holding out hope (partially because I interviewed at UVA last cycle)
Hey, since you've interviewed last year, would you be able to share a few details? Are they open file or closed file? And is it a group interview or one-on-one? Any help would be really appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, since you've interviewed last year, would you be able to share a few details? Are they open file or closed file? And is it a group interview or one-on-one? Any help would be really appreciated
Honestly, I'm a little afraid of them somehow finding out / giving out info I'm not supposed to, which also wouldn't be super fair to people not lurking on SDN. But if you do have additional questions, the admissions team is really helpful, and you could email them. Sorry!

Honestly, I'm a little afraid of them somehow finding out / giving out info I'm not supposed to, which also wouldn't be super fair to people not lurking on SDN. But if you do have additional questions, the admissions team is really helpful, and you could email them. Sorry!
Ah no worries. I didn't realize interview format might be considered protected information. I'll email the admissions office instead. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For IS residents, did you get any confirmation that they received your In-State Educational Privileges form? I submitted mine but never received any confirmation email
I didn't get a confirmation email, but I emailed the office and they were able to confirm mine went through and that it was forwarded to admissions!

Last edited:
For IS residents, did you get any confirmation that they received your In-State Educational Privileges form? I submitted mine but never received any confirmation email
I didn't either. I called the office that handles the forms a few weeks ago to ask and they said they received it and would be forwarding it to the admissions office soon. You could always call to ask if you're unsure

OOS II received, complete 7/12. LM 79

Members don't see this ad :)
UVA out here humbling me w my LM 75 🤣

Reactions: 1 users
Does UVA mainly send out OOS interview invites first?
UVA mainly sends out II to high stat applicants first. But I can guarantee you none of them would go to UVA since they'll be accepted at higher ranked schools.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
if i’m high stat and didn’t get an interview do i just let it go at this point 😭
lmfao they've been sending IIs for like 2 days chill out. i know some folks w 520+ that didn't get an interview til Iike november. the cycle is still very young my friend

lmfao they've been sending IIs for like 2 days chill out. i know some folks w 520+ that didn't get an interview til Iike november. the cycle is still very young my friend
So if we are low stat, will they review us later (even though we submit early)?

I have an LM of 78. I know I’m probably being neurotic, but at what point honestly should I start to worry about not hearing back from these schools? It’s my first cycle so I’m just not sure haha. If I submitted in the first couple days, is getting an interview down the road actually realistic?

hey can anyone with a secondary let me know the word limit for the first two prompts

Anyone not get a complete email but you are marked complete in the portal? Wondering if I should send an email to double check but everything looks good in the portal.

IS II, complete 7/14, LM 82

Last edited:
At my dream school, LM score seems to be the best metric for potential success

Did anyone else encounter Wi-Fi problems during today's interview? It happened to me while interviewing with the faculty, and it really ruined the experience. Tech Support said it was a local issue at the campus.

I'm quite upset about it. I think I lost the opportunity. UVA was my dream school.

Last edited:
  • Care
OOS II! LM 78, complete on 8/2. First II of the cycle and this is one of my top choices!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
So when are we expecting to hear back post interview based on previous trends? The 16th?

So when are we expecting to hear back post interview based on previous trends? The 16th?
UVA pretty much gives a decision within a week of interviewing (assuming you interview around or after October 15). I'm guessing those of us interviewing throughout September and early October will be hearing back on or during the week of October 16.

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone with a LM <75 received an II from here yet? i knew UVA was obsessed w stats but still lmfao

Reactions: 4 users