2023-2024 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II Complete 7/19

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
FOr those who have interviewed already, did you guys send thank you notes?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just interviewed today and am debating whether to.
I interviewed like 2 weeks ago and still haven't. Did they give tell you how to even send thank you notes? I don't know my interviewers email and there's no place to upload them on the portal. Not sure if this is a school that doesn't care about them or not.

Can anyone who's interviewed already comment on your experience? Recommendations and expectations? Not asking anyone to share information that isn't allowed to be shared of course.

I interviewed like 2 weeks ago and still haven't. Did they give tell you how to even send thank you notes? I don't know my interviewers email and there's no place to upload them on the portal. Not sure if this is a school that doesn't care about them or not.
I don't know my interviewers' emails either, if anything I might just email the office and ask them to pass it on to my interviewers.

Can anyone who's interviewed already comment on your experience? Recommendations and expectations? Not asking anyone to share information that isn't allowed to be shared of course.
It's very conversational and low-stress. Interviewers knew my file well so be able to talk about your file and know how to answer the standard common interview questions and you'll be fine.

Has anyone with an LM of around 75 received an interview yet? If so complete when?

OOS II at 9:30am! Complete 9/12! <3

Last edited:
  • Love
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 OOS ii. Completed relatively early. 514 mcat

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
For people with recent interviews when are they booking out until?? This is one of my dream schools so holding out hope :)

Does anyone know if UVA sends rejection letters? Applied in state 8/24, haven't heard anything yet :/

For anyone who has interviewed here already, is there a teamwork/group interview portion or is it just individual interviews? The wording of the email I got wasn’t super clear

No, it's just two individual interviews. Everyone was super nice and it felt more like a recruiting event than an interview.
Thank you! My favorite type of interview hahaha

It pretty much is a recruiting event. Post interview acceptance rate approaching if not exceeding 80%. I bet half of that other 20% are people who withdraw their application to attend another school and the other half is probably reserved for people who really really bomb the interview

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
According to last year’s thread, UVA began sending acceptances on Mon Oct 17 2022. I’m guessing that means those of us who’ve already interviewed will know in a week from today ??

According to last year’s thread, UVA began sending acceptances on Mon Oct 17 2022. I’m guessing that means those of us who’ve already interviewed will know in a week from today ??
Yes pretty sure! We go to committee on Friday the week of our interview for a decision so most of us should hear back next week sometime if not on Monday (I hope!!)

Yes pretty sure! We go to committee on Friday the week of our interview for a decision so most of us should hear back next week sometime if not on Monday (I hope!!)

This is both exciting and terrifying 🫢 good luck to you!!!!

• Love
Does UVA really have an 80% Post-II A rate? I’ve read this but it sounds absurd

Does UVA really have an 80% Post-II A rate? I’ve read this but it sounds absurd
There’s a lot of conflicting info. If you look at the USNWR, the trend of OOS post-II acceptance rates hover around 80% for this school. However, UVASOM reports somewhere around 45% post-II acceptance rate.

With this large of a disparity, and the touted credibility of USNWR data, it’s probably a difference in methodology/semantics (initial acceptances, off of waitlist, etc.). However, for our intents and purposes, I am led to believe the real number is closer to 80% than 45% based on the matriculation numbers and the ratio of acceptances/ waitlists on previous year threads.

Additionally, the post-II Rs and Waitlists almost seem exclusively composed of people with an MCAT below 520 (looking at posters from 2021-2023 cycles).

EDIT: To add, the most confusing aspect of the USNWR data is the very low ratio of OOS acceptances : OOS matriculants. This could explain why UVA accepts such a high proportion of their OOS students. However, I’m not sure why that’s the case in the first place. My thinking is with such a high MCAT average, people that get into UVA tend to get into “higher-ranked” schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Bro this is gunna be my first decision results and I'm beyond excited!! Good luck to everyone else crossing their fingers and twiddling their thumbs rn!

• Love
Bro this is gunna be my first decision results and I'm beyond excited!! Good luck to everyone else crossing their fingers and twiddling their thumbs rn!
I am also very excited/anxious to see the results! I feel very fortunate to have been selected for an interview since they seemed to have chosen applicants with very high stats. This was one of the best experiences I have had among all the programs I have interviewed with. Something about it just felt right, and that feeling has stayed with me. I wish you and everyone else the best of luck who are expecting a decision next week!

Sorry if this is answered already, but do they accept pre-II update letters? I see on the portal a spot for "additional documents" but don't see anything on whether they take them into consideration. edited to say pre-II!

they might do it today. last year they went on 10/16, which was a Sunday

And now we wait… just a note for those waiting for decisions today, last year they sent them throughout the day, so just because some people get it in the morning doesn’t mean you won’t hear back later that day (and it could be an A!)

• Love
+1 WL :( felt good about this school after interview day too

me too, i thought it went great and left the interview feeling more excited about the school than ever. LM 79 with decent stats. however we can’t give up on hope congrats to everyone who gets an A today!!!

• Care
me too, i thought it went great and left the interview feeling more excited about the school than ever. LM 79 with decent stats. however we can’t give up on hope congrats to everyone who gets an A today!!!
+1 WL :( felt good about this school after interview day too
it only takes 1 and with an early interview at UVA i'm sure you guys will have lots of success regardless!!

Reactions: 2 users
A about an hour ago. OOS. Time to go stare at a wall.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
shout out to all the people constantly refreshing their emails

• Care
IS WL
Genuinely so shook I thought I had a great chance
Time to go stare at a wall

• Care
Reactions: 7 users