You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Weill Cornell
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
mickeymice
Full Member
Yes.Are interviews in EST? None of Cornell's emails report a timezone so was wondering.
For those who uploaded documents post-II, how long did it take for them to email you interview dates? I've been waiting four business days and just radio silence
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like 20 mins for meFor those who uploaded documents post-II, how long did it take for them to email you interview dates? I've been waiting four business days and just radio silence
D
deleted1161947
Still one more II wave?
Bet there’s one last one next weekStill one more II wave?
D
deleted1139705
More like an II trickle but last year the last interview proper was 1/21, so we can expect some end of this month around.Still one more II wave?
D
deleted1161947
iABet there’s one last one next week
MonkeymanMD
New Member
How did yall feel post interview? Is stress test guy still there?
D
deleted1161947
I think there's still maybe ~50 slots left, they interview until mid-Feb and schedule one week in advance
Thats hot
UserNameIsTitan
Full Member
Can't speak to other interviewees experiences, but both of my interviewers were great. One was a bit colder maybe at the beginning, but as we got to talking they definitely opened up. Obviously they have a host of different interviewers though so take my experience with a grain of salt.How did yall feel post interview? Is stress test guy still there?
Have any Rs been sent out?
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
This was one of my most positive interview experiences. Both of my interviewers were lovely, and my first was basically the opposite of a stress test. Super low key and over the top kind. Still not sure I'll get in, but my interviewers were great.
going to second this. my interviewers were both awesome and down to earth, very cool and made sure to ask low stress questions about my experiences, nothing more
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
P standard interview unless you get the stress test interviewer then j really know ur stuff wellhey guys i have my interview coming up, any tips?? This is by farrr my number 1 school.
OOS II! Complete 7/14
OOS II. Complete late September
SartorialRounds
Full Member
My interviewers were pretty awesome. It really seemed like they wanted to get to know me and my insights. The first interviewer was extremely warm and asked lots of good, personal questions. The second interviewer was still very friendly, but was more focused on asking me about my hard skills (research, academics, leadership, etc). In hindsight, this made sense because of their backgrounds so it was nice to be interviewed from different perspectives to really highlight myself across many areas.How did yall feel post interview? Is stress test guy still there?
theofficialnumber13
Full Member
Congrats! How far out are they scheduling?OOS II! Complete 7/14
Feb 1stCongrats! How far out are they scheduling?
so free that i
Full Member
Interview today too, LM 69, never expected this at all
D
deleted1139705
Last year until 2/21Do they interview throughout the month of February?
Edit: 2/21
Last edited by a moderator:
Last year until 1/21
I had a friend who was a Feb interviewee last year and got in
Wondering if Cornell accepts Post-II updates? and if so, where cause I can't find it 😭
[email protected] 🙂Wondering if Cornell accepts Post-II updates? and if so, where cause I can't find it 😭
D
deleted1139705
Sorry I edited itI had a friend who was a Feb interviewee last year and got in
Does anyone know if most students can expect to need to do clerkships at Houston Methodist?
[Edited]
[Edited]
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m wondering this also, are we allowed to choose this? I would love to go back home for a rotationDoes anyone know if most students can expect to need to do clerkships at Houston Methodist? I'm trans so Cornell being in NYC was a big draw, but needing to rotate in a state like Texas with significant legal restrictions on trans people is a bit worrisome.
Oh, great! The email only mentioned the SNMA so I didn't know the QHA would be there.I don't think you have to rotate there. The impression I got is that it's an optional thing. I also do not want to be rotating in Texas. However, you can ask at tomorrow's Weill Cornell Wednesday. After the main session on research, they are having the QHA student group (which I believe stands for Queer Health Alliance) answer questions in an informal gathering along with SNMA and LMSA.
applied2toomanyschoolsxd
Full Member
for those who recently received an II, when/did you send an update letter prior?
Last edited:
the_doc_is_in
New Member
IS II like a few minutes ago, LM 74, Complete July.
Bet there's 1 more II wave this Friday then it's wraps
Does anyone know how non-rolling admissions schools review apps? Do they wait till all the interviewees have interviewed? or do they rank the day of?
Does anyone know how non-rolling admissions schools review apps? Do they wait till all the interviewees have interviewed? or do they rank the day of?
earthair02
Full Member
Did you send an update?IS II like a few minutes ago, LM 74, Complete July.
Sorry for the neurotic question, but do you think attending the Weill Cornell Wednesdays will in any way affect our chances of admission?
Def notSorry for the neurotic question, but do you think attending the Weill Cornell Wednesdays will in any way affect our chances of admission?
the_doc_is_in
New Member
Around Thanksgiving so not sure if it actually helpedDid you send an update?
soontoBdoctor
New Member
OOS II! How far out are they scheduling?
Does anyone have an educated suspicion on which week they will release decisions? I know website says March, but seems like in the past they have given more than 2 weeks notice before admitted students weekend for OOS to coordinate travel.
SLW at WCMC is scheduled for March 22 from what I'm told. So for two weeks time March 6ish?Does anyone have an educated suspicion on which week they will release decisions? I know website says March, but seems like in the past they have given more than 2 weeks notice before admitted students weekend for OOS to coordinate travel.
n112
Full Member
Last year, it was 3 weeks before, so I think it’s gonna be March 1st.Does anyone have an educated suspicion on which week they will release decisions? I know website says March, but seems like in the past they have given more than 2 weeks notice before admitted students weekend for OOS to coordinate travel.
chicago_chickk
Full Member
I have my interview coming up and I was wondering how to find who our interviewers are ?
SartorialRounds
Full Member
I'm fairly certain that you won't find out until you go in for the interview.I have my interview coming up and I was wondering how to find who our interviewers are ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is trueI'm fairly certain that you won't find out until you go in for the interview.
Not fair for me to give out that info but just know your application wellFor people who interviewed with the "stress-tester" what kind of questions did they ask/how would you suggest preparing for them? Interview next week and want to make sure I am ready in case I get them.
Also, do we know who it is? Seems like they've been around for a while so would think we'd have an ID by now haha. Thanks!
D
deleted936268
Not fair for me to give out that info but just know your application well
wannabecomedian
Full Member
is this the final week that they’ll send interview invites or are they done
Anyone else know if we should expect anymore interviews at this point?is this the final week that they’ll send interview invites or are they done