You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Weill Cornell
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
pandastory
Full Member
+1Just got an OOS II!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1118227
Mind sharing complete date?
pandastory
Full Member
7/6
II OOS, Complete late July
OOS II! Complete 7/7
They ask us to upload a photo with "a full frontal view of your head and shoulders" on a light background... I have one of me where my shoulders are turned a bit (not quite 3/4 but also not flat) but my face is straight on, do you think that would be ok? Or would it be better to just take a new photo that is "full frontal"
They ask us to upload a photo with "a full frontal view of your head and shoulders" on a light background... I have one of me where my shoulders are turned a bit (not quite 3/4 but also not flat) but my face is straight on, do you think that would be ok? Or would it be better to just take a new photo that is "full frontal"
OOS II! Complete 7/7
They ask us to upload a photo with "a full frontal view of your head and shoulders" on a light background... I have one of me where my shoulders are turned a bit (not quite 3/4 but also not flat) but my face is straight on, do you think that would be ok? Or would it be better to just take a new photo that is "full frontal"
Why are they so specific lol?? I think if you can clearly see your face and shoulders it should be fine. But that’s just my opinion, maybe someone who knows better can respond
81! (Its also in my signature)Congrats!! Mind sharing LM?
Yep! I got the II and attestation form emails at about the same time. After I submitted my photo and form, I then got an email about scheduling an interview (although they said this scheduling email could take up to 3 business days to come through after submitting).did anyone with an II today also receive an email with the attestation form/information about the passport photo? i just received the II email but no further communication after that. thank you!
If you didn’t get the attestation form email, maybe check your portal and see if you can submit everything anyway? Or email them 👍🏻
@ppleTREE12
New Member
OOS II ! Completed 8/8.
I feel it’s a mistake, considering my cGPA and sGPA are super low.
I feel it’s a mistake, considering my cGPA and sGPA are super low.
congratulations!! can I ask stats?OOS II ! Completed 8/8.
I feel it’s a mistake, considering my cGPA and sGPA are super low.
I ended up uploading my pic that was like that. Hoping its ok too lol.OOS II! Complete 7/7
They ask us to upload a photo with "a full frontal view of your head and shoulders" on a light background... I have one of me where my shoulders are turned a bit (not quite 3/4 but also not flat) but my face is straight on, do you think that would be ok? Or would it be better to just take a new photo that is "full frontal"
additionalrabbit
Full Member
Interviewing here tomorrow - just confirming with y'all who also have interviews, we do not know the names/positions of our interviewers? Only the time? Thanks! Good luck everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1167581
Interviewing tomorrow as well and I only have the times. No information on the names/positions was provided. Good luck with your interview!Interviewing here tomorrow - just confirming with y'all who also have interviews, we do not know the names/positions of our interviewers? Only the time? Thanks! Good luck everyone.
it's the beginning of September. there are many months left of sending out IIsAnyone know what dates they are on to schedule interviews? Just want to see if I’m done for here[emoji1784]
Probably not yet. Thanksgiving is the big day to start worrying, trust me 🤠If the invitation here passed your submission date, I assume I got screened out, right?
Or all the questioning from your relatives will jus cause you to worry 😢Probably not yet. Thanksgiving is the big day to start worrying, trust me 🤠
Ohhh boy trust me I've blocked a few numbers for the rest of the fall. I'll call them back on May 1 when it's all done and settledOr all the questioning from your relatives will jus cause you to worry 😢
OOS II! Complete 7/31
thank you! LM 72Congrats! Stats?
MSTP II! Complete 7/25
pandastory
Full Member
Has anyone interviewed yet? If so, how was your experience?
notanorthobro
Full Member
I have. Very pleasant experience tbh. Very informal. My interviewers definitely knew my app and had many thoughtful questions to ask.Has anyone interviewed yet? If so, how was your experience?
mitochondria246
Full Member
I know Cornell does non-rolling admissions, but does interviewing earlier on in the cycle increase the chance of an acceptance?
D
deleted1143918
I think the general wisdom is: no, in the sense that you're competing for the same number of spots as someone who interviews in February (unlike rolling admissions, where the number of spots decreases as people are accepted); but maybe, since they liked your file immediately instead of upon multiple reviews. However, someone who submits later and is reviewed/interviewed later for that reason might have the same chance as you. Moral of the story is that trying to read into it too much will drive you insane and has 0 impact on your decision ultimately (they're gonna make the same decision one way or another no matter what) so just try to find a way to distract yourself til decision day lolI know Cornell does non-rolling admissions, but does interviewing earlier on in the cycle increase the chance of an acceptance?
edit: also even if you submit earlier and get a later interview, some schools don't go chronologically and/or have different reviewers take different speeds so even submission date relative to II date might not give you much info
pandastory
Full Member
Did anyone send thank you letters?
D
deleted1167581
I did. I just sent them to my interviewer’s emailsDid anyone send thank you letters?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pandastory
Full Member
Do you know if they are allowed? I know some schools discourage themI did. I just sent them to my interviewer’s emails
D
deleted1167581
They should be. It was never brought up that it’s discouraged (and I tried searching online if they had a policy and didn’t find anything) and my interviewers provided me their emails so I sent thank you letters to themDo you know if they are allowed? I know some schools discourage them
Edit: Looking at past threads thank you letters are accepted
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted1143918
OOS II Complete 7/7!! New yawk (ayy i'm walkin here, fuggetaboutit)
Congrats!! Also, how do you have 1.5 Rs lolOOS II Complete 7/7!! New yawk (ayy i'm walkin here, fuggetaboutit)
II hold?Congrats!! Also, how do you have 1.5 Rs lol
D
deleted1143918
Congrats!! Also, how do you have 1.5 Rs lol
yeah mayo II hold lol (pretty sure it's a soft R but apparently there's occasional movement so i'm giving em half-credit)II hold?
Yay! Congrats! I hope they give more early submitters some love again 🫶OOS II Complete 7/7!! New yawk (ayy i'm walkin here, fuggetaboutit)
MSTP II!!!! complete 7/13, international
For those who interviewed, what parts of your application did the interviewers have access to?
I think everything except maybe MCAT? (My interviewer asked what my score was, so I'm assuming he didn't have it), but they did comment on my LORs, my activities, and my personal statementFor those who interviewed, what parts of your application did the interviewers have access to?
shortvanilla
Full Member
This makes me think if they are even allowed to ask that question about your MCAT then? If they are blinded to MCATs is probably to avoid bias??I think everything except maybe MCAT? (My interviewer asked what my score was, so I'm assuming he didn't have it), but they did comment on my LORs, my activities, and my personal statement
Maybe? He asked it playfully, kind of like he expected my score to be what it was based on the rest of my app, but it would make sense that its MCAT blind to avoid biasThis makes me think if they are even allowed to ask that question about your MCAT then? If they are blinded to MCATs is probably to avoid bias??
Mine said they were blinded to MCAT and GPA.For those who interviewed, what parts of your application did the interviewers have access to?
thegazette
Full Member
oos ii received today, complete 7/13!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thrownaway11
New Member
For anyone who recently interviewed: have they mentioned where they are in terms of interviews and how many they have left to send out? Also, what's the scheduling for recent II's looking like?
They don't allow you to see the interview schedule, they give you a list of like three upcoming dates via email, and you have to tell them your preference.For anyone who recently interviewed: have they mentioned where they are in terms of interviews and how many they have left to send out? Also, what's the scheduling for recent II's looking like?
IS II, LM 72-73, Completed 7/26.
Congrats! You are on fire, holy crapIS II, LM 72-73, Completed 7/26.