2023-2024 Wright State (Boonshoft)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Any updates on people not getting secondaries?
They state on MSAR that all citizens or permanent residents who pass the screen of MCAT>495, BCPM Undergrad GPA>3.0 should receive a secondary.
Some of you who who are asking about this just had your AMCAS primaries verified within the last week or so, and should probably not expect action that fast.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, all you wonderful 2023-2024 Wright State applicants!
Ohio is the Right State for Wright State!
Be sure to share your love for Wright State in your secondary essays.

A public service announcement that this is the place to talk about applying to Wright State.
A bunch of off-topic comments that were not germane to this topic have been hidden by yours truly.
You're welcome.
 
OOS Secondary Recieved July 24th. Submitting today.

This question is kinda weird to me or am I overthinking it?

Q: Did you have a financial need in college that required you to take out educational loans?
A: I didn't take out educational loans because I qualified for the Pell Grant/FAFSA that everything was covered 100% since I went to a public college. So like yes I did have a financial need, no I didn't take out any loans. Other secondaries that ask something similar to this allow to state pell grant, etc.
 
How long did it take you guys to receive a "complete" email after submitting the supplemental/competencies/pre-requisites?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my primary to them August 15, still no secondary (OOS). I emailed them asking about it. Apparently they are one of very few schools that actually fully review your primary before deciding to send a secondary.
 
I called them last week and they said they got bombarded with apps and to give them some time. But they are coming, we just need to be patient. FYI... I'm IS and was verified early august, still no secondary for me either
 
update I just got my secondary OOS
I thought I did but I'm so confused, the email I received says I qualified for a secondary but to wait (again :/) for 3 additional emails?? Slowly becoming impatient with this school lol
 
I thought I did but I'm so confused, the email I received says I qualified for a secondary but to wait (again :/) for 3 additional emails?? Slowly becoming impatient with this school lol
I got FOUR emails but 3 of them had the secondary link and were the exact same lmao
 
IS secondary received and submitted this morning. I received all of the emails in the span of like 2-3 hours, they will come.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it’s doing the same thing to me, did they end up answering?
This happened me to and was also searching for an answer. Adding this here for people in the future. I just saved my answers, logged out, and re-log in and that seemed to work. They also added an applicant support number in the secondary email: Applicant Support Number: (617) 612-2881
 
Last edited:
Can someone DM me the secondary portal link because I got an email saying I’ll receive the secondary login but it’s been a couple days and no word.
 
Hi guys, can someone send me the secondary portal link as well? I still have not received the 3 emails. Thank you!
 
Congrats to those who got an interview. So, I am thinking of adding this school to apply. I am aware it is a little bit late. Is it worth applying if I am already later than the recommended Labor day secondary submission? My primary has been verified since June so I will save time on that. My MCAT is below by a few points, but my GPA is within their average. OOS, but I visit my family in Ohio from time to time as they are near Dayton in Cincinnati.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to those who got an interview. So, I am thinking of adding this school to apply. I am aware it is a little bit late. Is it worth applying if I am already later than the recommended Labor day secondary submission? My primary has been verified since June so I will save time on that. My MCAT is below by a few points, but my GPA is within their average. OOS, but I visit my family in Ohio from time to time as they are near Dayton in Cincinnati.
Hi I know for sure they are strict on the min requirements . They screen to make sure you at least have those before sending a secondary. If you at least have the minimum and you are interested I would go ahead and apply .