2024-2025 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Can anyone share anything about the timing of the post-interview assignment? I’ve seen some people say it’s due 2pm or 4pm the day of the interview. How many hours do they give you and is it something that can be done in an hour or so?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone share anything about the timing of the post-interview assignment? I’ve seen some people say it’s due 2pm or 4pm the day of the interview. How many hours do they give you and is it something that can be done in an hour or so?
I think its by 4, but I gave it in soon after my interview. Wouldn't hold it off. Its very very quick
 
Can anyone share anything about the timing of the post-interview assignment? I’ve seen some people say it’s due 2pm or 4pm the day of the interview. How many hours do they give you and is it something that can be done in an hour or so?
There's some info earlier in the thread.

Due same day, you have a few hours total. It's not a big deal
 
Is there a dress code for the student interview? Should we wear business professional or casual?
 
Sounds good! Did you wear a t shirt to your student interview?
I can't recall now. I think I just hedged my bets and wore a sweater that looked halfway presentable. Didn't go suit-and-tie, but not full t-shirt

I did not get the impression that my interviewer cared, at all, but figured it made sense to play it safe in either regard
 
Wondering why people are saying this, did they say they release a big batch of As in Feb?
Folks in the chat who attended the February info session were told to expect some decisions to be released on February 19th (only acceptances, as alternates/waitlists will be announced in mid-April). Also, their site mentions that acceptance letters will be issued by early February. Hopefully, we’ll hear some news soon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They email. and it looks really ominous too, the email is notifying you that they made a final decision on your app and the portal will say if you got in or not
Omg that is so scary. I can only imagine the anxiety from seeing the email notification to actually logging into the portal. I guess this will be me in maybe a month since I just interviewed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bruh i went to portals saw something that said "Admissions' freaked out and clicked it and it was just some info about accepting everyone despite race creed ethnicity
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad