You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Texas Tech Lubbock
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
supernovae
Full Member
IS II, complete 8/8! LM 72, 4Q Casper
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
studoc123
New Member
Have any ED applicants gotten Acceptances yet? I interviewed last month and haven't heard back yet, I know they'll give a final decision Oct 1st but does anyone know if its common to be accepted/rejected before that date? I'm just worried I'll have to apply late in the cycle to the other schools.
for #3, I already have an essay explaining my B- in a tough semester (one of USF's essays). I reflect on it a lot in the essay, show what I did to thrive in future classes later, and have a nice little conclusion explaining the lessons I learned. I worry it might come off kind of arrogant (?) since it's a B- and people have had worse grades/withdrawals. but out of everything I've written, it fits the prompt the most. would it be fine?Secondary received 5/23
1) Area of Interests: (150 word limit per selection)
- Practice in an underserved area and/or work with an underserved population
- Rural/Border health
- Medical Research/Academics
- Primary Care
- Other (Please describe below)
2) Have you experienced any road bumps in your academic career? (Low academic performance, dropping, retaking, or failing courses, etc.)
(250 word limit if you select "yes")
3) Please share any lessons learned during your academic journey. For example, a time a goal of yours was deterred and maybe even halted, how did you handle that situation? (250 words or less)
4) If you are applying to a dual degree program, please rank them in order of preference.
5) Are you applying to our MD & E program? (additional prompts if "yes")
6) Are you applying to FMAT? (additional prompts if "yes")
7) Have you experienced any hardship or adversity, personally or professionally? (200 word limit if "yes)
8) Please tell us about your favorite recreational/leisure activities (100 words or less)
9) Please share with us your ideal practice. For example: Where would you practice? Who would your patients be? What would your specialty be? (100-word limit)
10) Do you consider yourself from West Texas or as having West Texas ties? If yes, what town or county did you reside in, or what other factors would you cite? (100 words or less)
11) Do you consider yourself to be first generation? If yes, please explain your reasoning (Examples of Definition: both of your parents are born outside of the USA, both of your parents have education or a degree outside of the USA, both of your parents do not have an education higher than high school). (100 world limit if "yes" - optional)
12) Have you ever participated in any TTUHSC special programs?
Middle School to Medical School (M2M)
Early Dedication to Medical Education (EDME)
Future Healthcare Professional’s Experience (FHPE)
Summer Enrichment Program (SEP)
Premedical Enrichment Program (PEP)
Graduate Medical Education Sciences (GMES)
N/A
@wysdoc
Me-Grogu
Full Member
Congrats on completing your interview 😊❤️laid back, felt like most questions were pretty standard. didn’t feel like i was being grilled. just two 1:1 so nothing too crazy
they give a lot of info about the campuses, curriculum, locations before interviews. recommend the pre interview social to get more questions answered by students.
they do some things to make you comfortable like music and a game in the waiting room lol
If you don’t mind me asking, did you get a break in between the 1:1 interview?
Those who have already interviewed:
How much in advance before your interview did you receive additional info? Were you told who would be interviewing you?
How much in advance before your interview did you receive additional info? Were you told who would be interviewing you?
D
deleted1085576
Yes! You get at least 10 minutes, sometimes longer depending on your personal interview schedule.Congrats on completing your interview 😊❤️
If you don’t mind me asking, did you get a break in between the 1:1 interview?
IDKMAN1234
Full Member
I received an interview schedule about a week before but I don't think I ever found out who was interviewing me before my interviews. Could have just missed that info though.Those who have already interviewed:
How much in advance before your interview did you receive additional info? Were you told who would be interviewing you?
primetimesofine
Full Member
II today, IS! Context because I know it’s something we all long for on these II posts: UG GPA is 2.8, SMP GPA 4.0, MCAT 509. Complete email 6/13. You all have hope, I promise.
D
deleted1085576
yes, we got to play jeopardy while waiting to be moved into individual interview breakout rooms and we also had a Q&A session before the interview. After our interviews were done we got to leave! Very chill, fun interview, I really enjoyed it 🙂During the virtual interview, were you able to see other applicants and interact with them? And what happens post-interview?
Me-Grogu
Full Member
Awesome! Thank you so much!yes, we got to play jeopardy while waiting to be moved into individual interview breakout rooms and we also had a Q&A session before the interview. After our interviews were done we got to leave! Very chill, fun interview, I really enjoyed it 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me personally and one of my friends were complete in mid july/ mid june respectively and we both got II's in late November last year. Don't sweat it.
I want to keep hearing these stories for more copium lol
I submitted in may and haven’t heard a word🥲
II today, IS! Context because I know it’s something we all long for on these II posts: UG GPA is 2.8, SMP GPA 4.0, MCAT 509. Complete email 6/13. You all have hope, I promise.
Congrats! I’m manifesting an II at this school
I have received an II from lubbock’s sister school early on, so I assumed I’d have a good shot at getting this school especially since my MCAT is on the higher end. Lubbock is playing hard to get with me haha
No worries, my dream schools are either of the techs. I’ll wait for you!!
No worries, my dream schools are either of the techs. I’ll wait for you!!
majestic_chair
Full Member
+1 OOS II, LM 77, complete 6/9
If someone has attended the virtual hangout the day before the interview, would you recommend it?
It was essentially a Q & A with a bunch of MS2s. I learned a lot from it and had some of my big questions answeredIf someone has attended the virtual hangout the day before the interview, would you recommend it?
Does anyone know if the interview is open/closed file?
D
deleted1085576
open fileDoes anyone know if the interview is open/closed file?
IS II today!!! LM 68.3, fully complete 9/15
Lubbock what did I ever do to you ;(
We could be so good together just give me a chance
We could be so good together just give me a chance
What’s happening Mr. Interview Harvester?
I have been waiting for an II invite from Tech too. It is my top choice 😢Lubbock what did I ever do to you ;(
We could be so good together just give me a chance
Hopefully we both hear back soon
I have been waiting for an II invite from Tech too. It is my top choice 😢
Hopefully we both hear back soon
While I know that an II can come any time and the cycle is unpredictable, having submitted this secondary in may I think I need to accept reality at this point
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What’s happening Mr. Interview Harvester?
Idk if you’re mocking me or what but I am not a “harvester” lol
Just trying to come out of this cycle with an A
This school sends out invitations over many months so it’s not too late yetWhile I know that an II can come any time and the cycle is unpredictable, having submitted this secondary in may I think I need to accept reality at this point
I would suggest wait until the end of October, at that time you should receive something. I don't like mocking people.Idk if you’re mocking me or what but I am not a “harvester” lol
Just trying to come out of this cycle with an A
Also you received at least a II from El Paso, right? So maybe pre-matched? I panicked all over the summer thinking I am toasted this cycle, until received an A and several II's. Since you did everything you could, I would suggest calm down and wait. (You know I still cannot sleep because I want an MD A...) Please keep normal biological clock, don't let neuroticism destroy you. (I can only sleep 6 hours per day now, because I need to prepare for interview, finish my job, plan to travel and plan to move next year etc) Also only check your email box twice a day. (I checked email box in clinic every 15 minutes, this is very bad habit.)
Last edited:
They're interviewing all the way until December
Heads up on an IT problem at TTUHSC Lubbock system-wide.
They will not have any classes or clinics today and will probably be out of touch with all you applicants until the computer system issue is resolved. Follow them on Instagram for updates on when they will be up and running. @ttuhscmed
P.S. If any of you have an interview with Lubbock scheduled for this week, it will probably be affected. But you can't contact them to ask about it because, well, ya know, IT crisis.
My recommendation - try to log in at your ZOOM link at the appointed time and if it doesn't go through, well it's not you, it's them.
I'm sure any missed interview days, if it comes to that, will be rescheduled.
They will not have any classes or clinics today and will probably be out of touch with all you applicants until the computer system issue is resolved. Follow them on Instagram for updates on when they will be up and running. @ttuhscmed
P.S. If any of you have an interview with Lubbock scheduled for this week, it will probably be affected. But you can't contact them to ask about it because, well, ya know, IT crisis.
My recommendation - try to log in at your ZOOM link at the appointed time and if it doesn't go through, well it's not you, it's them.
I'm sure any missed interview days, if it comes to that, will be rescheduled.
Last edited:
IT systems still down at TTUHSC.
Today they added a link where you can see any new info IT Outage Updates
So far, all the answers to the FAQs at this site are "we don't know at this time"
I suspect any interviews this week will be rescheduled.
Today they added a link where you can see any new info IT Outage Updates
So far, all the answers to the FAQs at this site are "we don't know at this time"
I suspect any interviews this week will be rescheduled.
Are they being held for ransom?IT systems still down at TTUHSC.
Today they added a link where you can see any new info IT Outage Updates
So far, all the answers to the FAQs at this site are "we don't know at this time"
I suspect any interviews this week will be rescheduled.
They are "working diligently to investigate these issues"Are they being held for ransom?
I don't know anything more than that, but I am posting what I see on the @ttuhsc Instagram page so if people have interviews this week and are trying to log in, they will know it is a system IT issue and they are not doing anything wrong.
Cruisingcalmly
Full Member
So if I have an interview this Friday it will likely be rescheduled? Do you think I will hear before then or just log on and wait?
itsfineimfine33
New Member
The entire emailing system is completely down so you will likely not hear anything by then. I don’t think that it will be up and running by Friday.So if I have an interview this Friday it will likely be rescheduled? Do you think I will hear before then or just log on and wait?
Unless they fix everything in 2 days they will likely reschedule you.The entire emailing system is completely down so you will likely not hear anything by then. I don’t think that it will be up and running by Friday.
Since all their records are on computer and they cannot use the TTU computer system, email system, or phone system, it’s gonna be hard for them to even know who to notify.
Sounds major, check that link I posted a few posts above this to see what the update is daily.
Just got an email with some new links, seems like they’re trying to proceed as usualUnless they fix everything in 2 days they will likely reschedule you.
Since all their records are on computer and they cannot use the TTU computer system, email system, or phone system, it’s gonna be hard for them to even know who to notify.
Sounds major, check that link I posted a few posts above this to see what the update is daily.
IT systems still down at TTUHSC.
There is a link where you can see any new info IT Outage Updates
Look at their link box that says Students,
then School of Medicine, and email/phone under Student Applicants
So far, all the answers to the FAQs at this site are "we don't know at this time"
For urgent questions not answered by this update link above, current applicants can email [email protected]
Until they fix the TTU outage, check your Spam, Junk, or Promotions folders for emails from this school because they will probably come from a new temporary email that is not originating from the usual TTU .edu address
p.s. urgent questions are not "when are you going to fix this" or "when are you going to interview me"
If you were planning to send some update emails etc. I would advise waiting on that.
There is a link where you can see any new info IT Outage Updates
Look at their link box that says Students,
then School of Medicine, and email/phone under Student Applicants
So far, all the answers to the FAQs at this site are "we don't know at this time"
For urgent questions not answered by this update link above, current applicants can email [email protected]
Until they fix the TTU outage, check your Spam, Junk, or Promotions folders for emails from this school because they will probably come from a new temporary email that is not originating from the usual TTU .edu address
p.s. urgent questions are not "when are you going to fix this" or "when are you going to interview me"
If you were planning to send some update emails etc. I would advise waiting on that.
AppleDestroyer
Full Member
For those who had interviews scheduled during the IT shutdown, can you confirm if you attended them or if they were rescheduled? How long before your interview were you given notice of what the plan was?
Cruisingcalmly
Full Member
Yes the interview was attended! They sent an email out 2 days prior with new zoom links.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ditto to what horsegirl said! I also want to add that this was honestly one of my most fun interview! The admissions team does a great job of making you feel relaxed and welcome with the music, Jeopardy, student rooms, etc., and the interviews were very conversational and human (for lack of a better word). They also handled the internet outage very professionally, despite my worries about rescheduling and fears about the whole internet thing, and I wouldn’t have known they had any issues had they not sent the email.For those who had interviews scheduled during the IT shutdown, can you confirm if you attended them or if they were rescheduled? How long before your interview were you given notice of what the plan was?
Bubbles321
Full Member
Hi! Thank you! I submitted my primary late and got my secondary on 7/30. But, I pre-wrote a lot and submitted my secondary on 8/4. Got the email about an interview on 9/6, and my interview is scheduled for 10/30. Also, my LM is 74.9. Hope that helps and good luck everyone!Congrats y'all! Do y'all mind sharing LM scores and when y'all were both complete? Good luck on y'alls' interviews!
Dekirun
Full Member
Attended however I will note I think my interviewer might've been changed (as they mentioned it might be due to the outage) because it said MD on the schedule but I got a PhD. The MD's were having a time of it trying to see patients despite the outage, I imagine in any future interviews this won't be a problem however.For those who had interviews scheduled during the IT shutdown, can you confirm if you attended them or if they were rescheduled? How long before your interview were you given notice of what the plan was?
D
deleted1201935
IS, ORM, LM: 66
Secondaries completed: 7/28
II received: 9/8
Secondaries completed: 7/28
II received: 9/8
Last edited by a moderator:
@summerlyrome one of these two posts must be an error, you can delete the "wrong" oneIS, ORM, MCAT: 504, GPA: 3.9
Secondaries completed: 8/15
II received: 8/20
Thanks - also, Nice collection of interviews!