2024-2025 Texas Tech Lubbock

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applied as an EDP applicant, got put in the regular pool. Should we still expect pre-matches to start on the 15th given the situation at HSC?
 
Applied as a EDP applicant, got put in the regular pool. Should we still expect pre-matches to start on the 15th given the situation at HSC?
I expect they will be delayed on their admissions offers because of the IT crisis.
Sorry your ED application didn’t shorten your application cycle.
@jamjen did you add all the other TMDSAS schools to your application now?
 
I expect they will be delayed on their admissions offers because of the IT crisis.
Sorry your ED application didn’t shorten your application cycle.
@jamjen did you add all the other TMDSAS schools to your application now?
I added all of them, submitted UTMB and TTUHSC in El Paso. I am a reapp from the 2022-2023 cycle, both TTUHSC and UTMB gave me interviews, UTMB waitlisting me and TTUHSC rejecting me. Over my gap year I got a job w/ pt experience, bumped up my MCAT to a 515, Lubbock native so really hoping to stay in Lubbock 🤞
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sounds great
I added all of them, submitted UTMB and TTUHSC in El Paso. I am a reapp from the 2022-2023 cycle, both TTUHSC and UTMB gave me interviews, UTMB waitlisting me and TTUHSC rejecting me. Over my gap year I got a job w/ pt experience, bumped up my MCAT to a 515, Lubbock native so really hoping to stay in Lubbock 🤞
TTU El Paso has the same IT crisis so so can’t get you processed right now, but the rest should go through just fine.
 
I have interview scheduled next month, any advice?
It's open file, so they can ask you literally anything from your app. My interviewers asked me about stuff my app had in common with their experiences.

Interview went great, I just hope they can sort out the IT stuff and send prematches soon
 
It’s a very relaxed interview! Know your app well and reason for applying to Tech, but don’t stress too much about it. A very relaxed atmosphere. You’re gonna kill it!!!
It's open file, so they can ask you literally anything from your app. My interviewers asked me about stuff my app had in common with their experiences.

Interview went great, I just hope they can sort out the IT stuff and send prematches soon
Thank you all so much! 😊❤️
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
over represented in medicine (typically refers to race/ethnicity such as Asian)
Over represented minority, not necessarily medicine.

Asians are 5-7% but apply in overwhelming numbers to elite colleges, medicine, law, MBA etc. So although they are a minority as a population the application numbers and admissions make them higher in representation not needing for special considerations.
 
Do you guys think its too late/not going to help much, to send an update letter in like november pre interview for tmdsas schools if you just started a new research position?
 
Can anyone access the interview information page that is linked when you receive an II? I keep getting 403 forbidden error
Contact the school on their temporary email address to get your details
Their general school server is still down
 
Last edited:
Can anyone access the interview information page that is linked when you receive an II? I keep getting 403 forbidden error
That page is also down for me. You should have received an email containing upcoming interview schedules with Zoom links embedded. I cant even find their about page for TTU HSC.
 
That page is also down for me. You should have received an email containing upcoming interview schedules with Zoom links embedded. I cant even find their about page for TTU HSC.
See the links in the post right above this to be able to email TTU while their normal server and website are down
 
@wysdoc

It's been over a week since I emailed admissions (at the temporary email address) asking for information about Preview Day but I haven't received any reply. When should I follow up (if at all)?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did they announce that anywhere? I'm surprised Foster already sent their first wave of prematches
I haven’t heard of any
Lubbock and Foster are usually pretty early but their computer system issues have impaired their normal processes
 
Does anyone know if we can email them yet or are all the websites minus the secondary site down? Wanted to send an update email but I was waiting for things to resolve. @wysdoc
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad