-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Texas Tech Lubbock
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Cruisingcalmly
Full Member
Me over here franticly refreshing my email with a 10/4 interview date 😭
D
deleted1116227
anyone with a 9/20 or later interview date hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how frequent the pre-match waves for Tech are? Looks like the only sent out pre-matches for Aug interviews today.
texasmedd
New Member
IS prematch today! interviewed 9/20!anyone with a 9/20 or later interview date hear back?
D
deleted1116227
oof, I'll expect the worstIS prematch today! interviewed 9/20!
Has anyone from 9/27 heard back?
Don't forget, @ExcellentCycle2425 and @interestingnickname that pre-matches are only a small portion of acceptances and if you have had an interview here, you can still get in on Match DayHas anyone from 9/27 heard back?
They did mention in the information session that they're not pre-match heavy, but with no other IIs at this point in the cycle, a pre-match would be reassuring.Don't forget, @ExcellentCycle2425 and @interestingnickname that pre-matches are only a small portion of acceptances and if you have had an interview here, you can still get in on Match Day
D
deleted1116227
Hmm I'm not sure what prematches mean to be honest. I am OOS and interviewed 9/20, so if they sent out 9/20 acceptances already, I might have gotten an WL or RDon't forget, @ExcellentCycle2425 and @interestingnickname that pre-matches are only a small portion of acceptances and if you have had an interview here, you can still get in on Match Day
More likely they just haven’t decided on you yet.Hmm I'm not sure what prematches mean to be honest. I am OOS and interviewed 9/20, so if they sent out 9/20 acceptances already, I might have gotten an WL or R
Pre-matches apply to Texans only and OOS applicants could hear back any time after Oct 15.
Wishing you luck
Is this first or second round of prematches?
D
deleted1085576
first roundIs this first or second round of prematches?
Do you know how many rounds they send out?Is this first or second round of prematches?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First round is expected to cover several months of interviewees while those come after are mainly considering the delta with those previously not offered a prematch. Could be once a month.Do you know how many rounds they send out?
BrickLayer
Full Member
Pre-match just now 😀DDDDDD life is good, my future as a physician is now set in stone. Or at least in a slowly setting slurry that will one day be concrete
Cruisingcalmly
Full Member
Congratulations!!! When was your interview?
career changing announcement!Pre-match just now 😀DDDDDD life is good, my future as a physician is now set in stone. Or at least in a slowly setting slurry that will one day be concrete
BrickLayer
Full Member
I interviewed early SeptemberCongratulations!!! When was your interview?
BrickLayer
Full Member
I take my bricklaying with me. Each brick is a cell, the cement its tight junctions. I've always wanted to help people put up walls, to shelter them from the harshness of nature and disease. I change, and yet I am the same.career changing announcement!
Prematcharoonie, interviewed 8/14 LM 83 🥰 Thought the email was just some newsletter or something cause it just said We Have Some Good News!
Boo yeah!
Boo yeah!
That's Dr. Deadrok! Congratulations!Prematcharoonie, interviewed 8/14 LM 83 🥰 Thought the email was just some newsletter or something cause it just said We Have Some Good News!
Boo yeah!
I am sure they are expecting you to show up in Lubbock. They need to pad their averages with an 83. 🙂Prematcharoonie, interviewed 8/14 LM 83 🥰 Thought the email was just some newsletter or something cause it just said We Have Some Good News!
Boo yeah!
tntttttttttt
Full Member
wait was today the second wave?
BrickLayer
Full Member
I would consider it a continuation of the first wave (~2 days later)wait was today the second wave?
restingduck
Full Member
Congrats!Prematcharoonie, interviewed 8/14 LM 83 🥰 Thought the email was just some newsletter or something cause it just said We Have Some Good News!
Boo yeah!
According to MSAR:Idk if this was mentioned earlier, but how does TTUHSC feel about receiving letters of intent? I have some updates I’d like to include in there but mostly that TTUHSC is my go to school.
"Letters of intent, interest or update are accepted, they must be sent to [email protected] in pdf format, but will not be made an official part of an application after the supporting documents deadline. This deadline is typically two weeks after the primary TMDSAS application closes."
Wimpy Simp
Full Member
still hasn't shown up on my rank list. do I thug it out for a while longer orrr send an email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cruisingcalmly
Full Member
Me either… I say we wait until before thanksgivingstill hasn't shown up on my rank list. do I thug it out for a while longer orrr send an email?
Wimpy Simp
Full Member
I like your play, I'll take it easy ahahaMe either… I say we wait until before thanksgiving
Question, on the interview day there will be presentation first right? and then 1:1 traditional open file and close file each 30 min?
BrickLayer
Full Member
They'll send you an email of the agenda a few days before your interview.Question, on the interview day there will be presentation first right? and then 1:1 traditional open file and close file each 30 min?
I had a presentation first and then two open-file traditional interviews (1 faculty and 1 med student), 20 min eachQuestion, on the interview day there will be presentation first right? and then 1:1 traditional open file and close file each 30 min?
Last edited:
ATTENTION: INTERVIEWS STARTED GOING OUT AGAIN!
And I got one!!!!!! YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Primary submitted 6/30, secondary received 8/6, secondary complete 9/7.
And I got one!!!!!! YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Primary submitted 6/30, secondary received 8/6, secondary complete 9/7.
APloy
Full Member
ATTENTION: INTERVIEWS STARTED GOING OUT AGAIN!
And I got one!!!!!! YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Primary submitted 6/30, secondary received 8/6, secondary complete 9/7.
Congrats! And you got it this morning or yesterday?
Thank you! I got the email around 7:00 this morning.Congrats! And you got it this morning or yesterday?
primetimesofine
Full Member
Love your name haha and congrats!Thank you! I got the email around 7:00 this morning.
Honestly, they haven't been able to send interviews out for a month. I like to THINK there's a very high pile of theoretical accumulated interviews that they're working to distribute over the next month to "compensate," so keep holding your breath!!Congrats!!!
I was completed 8/31, nothing yet? Am i cooked? Do they send Pre-II Rs?
You’re fineWhen I received my II here in mid-September, the soonest interview date was in mid-November... is this typical (for pre-outage IIs)? Or did I sign up too quickly before they opened up more spots😅? Nothing I can do now of course, I'm just curious if I hurt my chances lol
confused20002
Full Member
After interviews, can we send emails to our interviews directly or do we need to send them as pdfs to somadm? Also, would it be too late to send thank you letters on Monday after interviewing the previous wednesday?
In the info session before my interview, they told us to email our notes to admissions, who can forward them to interviewers.After interviews, can we send emails to our interviews directly or do we need to send them as pdfs to somadm? Also, would it be too late to send thank you letters on Monday after interviewing the previous wednesday?
Even if the note doesn't impact your decision, I think it's a common courtesy to send thank-you notes, so not too late. Idek if mine reached them because I sent mine to somadm right when their system crashed🤣
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
vegyaki
Full Member
Very excited to have received a pre-match! Just to make sure, as for the $100 non-refundable deposit, is this also due by the 2-week deadline? Do I have to pay this now even if I am not sure about attending? Probably should've clarified this earlier but thought that this was due after matching.
Verify this with the schoolVery excited to have received a pre-match! Just to make sure, as for the $100 non-refundable deposit, is this also due by the 2-week deadline? Do I have to pay this now even if I am not sure about attending? Probably should've clarified this earlier but thought that this was due after matching.
edited to correct that the deposit is due within 2 weeks of the offer
Last edited:
Cruisingcalmly
Full Member
Congratulations!!! What day did you receive this?Very excited to have received a pre-match! Just to make sure, as for the $100 non-refundable deposit, is this also due by the 2-week deadline? Do I have to pay this now even if I am not sure about attending? Probably should've clarified this earlier but thought that this was due after matching.
vegyaki
Full Member
10/24!Congratulations!!! What day did you receive this?
BrickLayer
Full Member
It is indeed due by the 2-week deadline. They e-mailed me saying that they would rescind their offer by EOD if I didn't pay the feeVery excited to have received a pre-match! Just to make sure, as for the $100 non-refundable deposit, is this also due by the 2-week deadline? Do I have to pay this now even if I am not sure about attending? Probably should've clarified this earlier but thought that this was due after matching.