You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UC Davis
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I gotta agree, when I see the complete early July posts, I’m always like wow that’s like 2 months before I submitted it to that school hahahUsing SDN and cycle track for timeline is only useful if you submitted your apps day 1 alongside the other neurotic premeds. For us folks who submitted a bit later it's seemingly useless tbh
futuredochopefully24
New Member
I got WL here last cycle , I am UCD alumni who grew up and still lives in Sac. Secondary completed 7/6 , silence since then. I’m going crazy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's gonna be a long ride at this school all the way till April based on previous cycles..I got WL here last cycle , I am UCD alumni who grew up and still lives in Sac. Secondary completed 7/6 , silence since then. I’m going crazy
no lol. Also davis is an non MSTP MD/PhD they are currently not funded with a t32.Any MSTP applicants hear back yet?
futuredochopefully24
New Member
I was waiting for the A until mid July from Davis. I am exhausted from this cycle, hoping that all this hard work pays off. Hope you are all taking care of yourself in the midst of this cycleIt's gonna be a long ride at this school all the way till April based on previous cycles..
SocalPremed00
Full Member
IS A! Interviewed on 10/25! 😀
Congrats!IS A! Interviewed on 10/25! 😀
purple3081
Full Member
did anyone have their linkdin searched by someone from UC Davis Higher Education? Someone that works there searched me up a few weeks ago but i havent heard anything. I can't help but wonder if it was an adcom since i dont really use linkdin
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
This happened to me. Someone from UC Davis and UCI looked me up.did anyone have their linkdin searched by someone from UC Davis Higher Education? Someone that works there searched me up a few weeks ago but i havent heard anything. I can't help but wonder if it was an adcom since i dont really use linkdin
Same. saw someone from uc davis health looked at my profile :Odid anyone have their linkdin searched by someone from UC Davis Higher Education? Someone that works there searched me up a few weeks ago but i havent heard anything. I can't help but wonder if it was an adcom since i dont really use linkdin
medmintchip
Full Member
Have there been any post secondary rejections yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
polymerase1
New Member
IS R, interviewed 11/01 and UCD alumna. Sad sad day, but congrats to those who made it!!
Sorry to hear that. Do you think it came down to the interview or just something about mission fit?IS R, interviewed 11/01 and UCD alumna. Sad sad day, but congrats to those who made it!!
polymerase1
New Member
I really don't know. I thought the interview went fine, but now I'm doubting that haha. As for mission fit, I'm not a URM but I am from the central valley 🥲Sorry to hear that. Do you think it came down to the interview or just something about mission fit?
I had a friend who was a UC Davis alum and spent four years as a ER tech in the UC Davis emergency department. They had multiple letters of recommendation from various UC Davis doctors and had a long history of volunteering and serving the Sacramento community. They didn’t even get an interview from UC Davis. Who really knows what Davis is really looking for
D
deleted1200309
Wow. The black box of admissions is crazy. More like a black hole.I had a friend who was a UC Davis alum and spent four years as a ER tech in the UC Davis emergency department. They had multiple letters of recommendation from various UC Davis doctors and had a long history of volunteering and serving the Sacramento community. They didn’t even get an interview from UC Davis. Who really knows what Davis is really looking for
by when do we assume we are not getting a secondary?
Ngl it's not looking good. I'd just assume it's an R but you might still get itby when do we assume we are not getting a secondary?
Yea I didnt really expect alot, specially not having ties to NorCal. I was just wondering because I applied early but my new MCAT score did not come in until the last week of september. I wasnt sure if it was based on that timing or based on my initial app. but ty!Ngl it's not looking good. I'd just assume it's an R but you might still get it
wondering the same thing. hopefully hear from them soon!Any MSTP applicants receive an II yet? I’m not seeing anything on cycletrack… and it looks like II were sent out in September of last year
First II were reported sent out on CycleTrack today.wondering the same thing. hopefully hear from them soon!
Also, does anyone know if UCD's MSTP is more lenient with MCAT, gives further consideration to disadvantaged status (distance travelled) or has IS bias in tandem with research fit?
Last edited:
spidey2000
Full Member
Anyone know if davis does update letters/letter of interest?
Does not look like itAnyone know if davis does update letters/letter of interest?
- UPDATE POLICY - The Admissions Committee does not accept updates from applicants including activities additions/updates, additional letters of recommendation, etc. Note: Substantial changes such as citizenship status or recipient of a nationally recognized award may be review and considered by the admissions committee on a case-by-case basis.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not yet😳anyone interview on nov 15 receive any updates yet?
mngo
New Member
i feel it coming. the anxiety is kicking innot yet😳
im scared 🫣i feel it coming. the anxiety is kicking in
purpleyurble
Full Member
II just now 😭 so happy
Tardis2025
Full Member
congrats!! are you from nor cal?II just now 😭 so happy
crazymantecan
Full Member
Nor Cal A interviewed 11/5!!!😭❤️so thankful for this first A!!!!
ahhh congrats!!!Nor Cal A interviewed 11/5!!!😭❤️so thankful for this first A!!!!
II just now [emoji24] so happy
Congrats! Complete date?
crazymantecan
Full Member
Quick question: When it says I have two weeks to accept the acceptance, does that mean I am committing to enrollment (still waiting on other schools)?
Hey, congrats on your acceptance! Accepting the offer just means your essentially reserving your seat but its not binding and you can hold several acceptances simultaneously. The final commitment to one school is until April 2025.Quick question: When it says I have two weeks to accept the acceptance, does that mean I am committing to enrollment (still waiting on other schools)?
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
You have two weeks to reserve your seat in the class. However, you an withdraw your seat at any time. spring of next year is when you make the final decision regarding what school you're attendingQuick question: When it says I have two weeks to accept the acceptance, does that mean I am committing to enrollment (still waiting on other schools)?
purple3081
Full Member
does uc davis go in chronological order? What complete dates are they looking at currently?
purpleyurble
Full Member
Was complete in August!
hungryandsleepy
New Member
Congrats to everyone who received an acceptance!! Does anyone know if they have interviewed any applicants for the scholarly pathways (including REACH) yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yessirskiiii
New Member
I think someone said they don’t start interviews for the pathway programs until March since you have to get accepted to the school first.Congrats to everyone who received an acceptance!! Does anyone know if they have interviewed any applicants for the scholarly pathways (including REACH) yet?
Waitlisted 😳 I thought i did terrible on the mmi, but grateful for this chance to be considered still.
yessirskiiii
New Member
+1 IS Waitlist, anyone know the percentage of people who get off?
Seems like a decent amount, based on previous years threads.+1 IS Waitlist, anyone know the percentage of people who get off?