You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UC Davis
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think it is likely late October or early Nov for decisions unfortunatelyAnybody hear anything? Or know someone who has?
Why is that? They told me Oct 15 is when they anticipate sending offers.I think it is likely late October or early Nov for decisions unfortunately
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean, if if they told you that then maybe it’s likely! I was basing my conclusion off people posting on SDN and cycle track data from last yearWhy is that? They told me Oct 15 is when they anticipate sending offers.
SDN and cycle track are not representative of the UCD interviewees though. 70% disadvantaged (or was it 80?) and also from rural areas in NorCal. I think I’m one of the only SDNers from the first interview date.I mean, if if they told you that then maybe it’s likely! I was basing my conclusion off people posting on SDN and cycle track data from last year
Last edited:
Listen man I’d love to be wrong! I just don’t see any evidence of decisions going out today within the last yearSDN and cycle track are not representative of the UCD interviewees though. 70% disadvantaged (or was it 80?) and also from rural areas in NorCal. I think I’m the one of the only SDNers from the first interview date.
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
They usually send their first batch of As within a week of today. be patient you got this!SDN and cycle track are not representative of the UCD interviewees though. 70% disadvantaged (or was it 80?) and also from rural areas in NorCal. I think I’m the one of the only SDNers from the first interview date.
WL right now :/
For those wondering in future years, the email came at 5:50 pm PST. UC Davis likes to send stuff late lol.
For those wondering in future years, the email came at 5:50 pm PST. UC Davis likes to send stuff late lol.
Last edited:
+1 “we are pleased to offer you a place on our waitlist” :/WL right now :/
D
deleted1036842
Hang in there! Cycle's not over, still lots of chances for things to break your way. You're a shining light on these boards, and nothing changes that no matter how the cycle goes. Whichever school gets you will be lucky to have you. You'll be an asset to the school, your colleagues, your future patients and medicine in general.WL right now :/
Big virtual hug from a random mom (whose kid hasn't even gotten an interview at UCD yet).
I’d even venture to say congrats on getting onto the WL. UCD is known for having good WL turnover based on previous threads.
Hang in there! Cycle's not over, still lots of chances for things to break your way. You're a shining light on these boards, and nothing changes that no matter how the cycle goes. Whichever school gets you will be lucky to have you. You'll be an asset to the school, your colleagues, your future patients and medicine in general.
Big virtual hug from a random mom (whose kid hasn't even gotten an interview at UCD yet).
Thanks guys. I have yet to explore my chances off their WL, but I hope it is decent. I felt like I would have been a great fit here, but perhaps I am an even better fit elsewhere (I like all of the schools I've interviewed at). I hope your kid gets into a good school @Diotima! @DougEFreshh maybe we'll be classmates eventually at Davis!I’d even venture to say congrats on getting onto the WL. UCD is known for having good WL turnover based on previous threads.
oranges1234
New Member
+1 WL :/
D
deleted1036842
@ClashRoyaleKing Thanks!
Also - free random Mom hugs to anyone who needs them today!
Also - free random Mom hugs to anyone who needs them today!
Last edited by a moderator:
Ritiri7959
Full Member
Congrats! What date were you complete?+ 1 IS II. I see no dates available to schedule does anyone know what I should do?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi ya'll, I got the A 10/15! Didn't realize that no one had updated yet, but continue to keep an eye out for those still waiting to hear back and for those on WL like said earlier, it is still a good sign! Excited to potentially be future classmates 🙂
For those interested, I'm IS but grew up in SoCal with loose ties to NorCal through extended family. Happy to answer more questions if you have them.
For those interested, I'm IS but grew up in SoCal with loose ties to NorCal through extended family. Happy to answer more questions if you have them.
Congrats! UC Davis is an amazing school!Hi ya'll, I got the A 10/15! Didn't realize that no one had updated yet, but continue to keep an eye out for those still waiting to hear back and for those on WL like said earlier, it is still a good sign! Excited to potentially be future classmates 🙂
For those interested, I'm IS but grew up in SoCal with loose ties to NorCal through extended family. Happy to answer more questions if you have them.
Congrats!! Mind if I ask when you interviewed?Hi ya'll, I got the A 10/15! Didn't realize that no one had updated yet, but continue to keep an eye out for those still waiting to hear back and for those on WL like said earlier, it is still a good sign! Excited to potentially be future classmates 🙂
For those interested, I'm IS but grew up in SoCal with loose ties to NorCal through extended family. Happy to answer more questions if you have them.
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
Did they call or email? Just so we all know what to expectHi ya'll, I got the A 10/15! Didn't realize that no one had updated yet, but continue to keep an eye out for those still waiting to hear back and for those on WL like said earlier, it is still a good sign! Excited to potentially be future classmates 🙂
For those interested, I'm IS but grew up in SoCal with loose ties to NorCal through extended family. Happy to answer more questions if you have them.
Thanks ya'll! I interviewed 9/13 and got a call around 6:30 pm first and didn't get the email until the morning after.
SocalPremed00
Full Member
+1 IS II 🙂
Congratulations! Mind sharing your secondary date?+1 IS II 🙂
SocalPremed00
Full Member
I submitted the first week of Aug, not sure of the exact date.Congratulations! Mind sharing your secondary date?
Not over. They were interviewing relatively late last year.rolling admissions? I submitted 08/02 so I wonder if it's over 4 moi
I have yet to receive a secondary here. 😕 Despite being from San Diego, I have a crucial connection to this school.
It seems that UC Davis Admissions takes updates on a case-by-case basis (Application Update Policy | UC Davis School of Medicine). I know sharing my PREview score would be pretty pointless if it was automatically shared with Davis from the AAMC, but does anyone think a publication would be grounds for an update? I have been in contact with the Admissions team before so I was also considering sending a light email instead of a full-blown letter. I would appreciate any thoughts 😊
It seems that UC Davis Admissions takes updates on a case-by-case basis (Application Update Policy | UC Davis School of Medicine). I know sharing my PREview score would be pretty pointless if it was automatically shared with Davis from the AAMC, but does anyone think a publication would be grounds for an update? I have been in contact with the Admissions team before so I was also considering sending a light email instead of a full-blown letter. I would appreciate any thoughts 😊
Hi fellow CR7 fan, it's possible that UC Davis can still send you a secondary given your connection to the school. I think pub is great to share in an update! I personally would save an update like that for after the secondary or after completing the interview, but totally up to you for when you want to send it!I have yet to receive a secondary here. 😕 Despite being from San Diego, I have a crucial connection to this school.
It seems that UC Davis Admissions takes updates on a case-by-case basis (Application Update Policy | UC Davis School of Medicine). I know sharing my PREview score would be pretty pointless if it was automatically shared with Davis from the AAMC, but does anyone think a publication would be grounds for an update? I have been in contact with the Admissions team before so I was also considering sending a light email instead of a full-blown letter. I would appreciate any thoughts 😊
Tardis2025
Full Member
Did you all receive an email from Davis saying your app was complete? Mine says complete on the portal, but I just realized I never received an email from them.
I got oneDid you all receive an email from Davis saying your app was complete? Mine says complete on the portal, but I just realized I never received an email from them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
otis31
Full Member
I only got the email they recieved my secondary, not that it was complete. Did anyone else?Did you all receive an email from Davis saying your app was complete? Mine says complete on the portal, but I just realized I never received an email from them.
I got both the secondary received and complete email
Tardis2025
Full Member
same here, i sent them an email about it yesterday. I'll let you know what they say!I only got the email they recieved my secondary, not that it was complete. Did anyone else?
stellarjay
Full Member
Did anyone with an interview apply to the TEACH program? I'm not sure if they only start sending out invites to those who applied to one of the specific programs later on in the cycle.
D
deleted1036842
.
Last edited by a moderator:
poppyflower55
New Member
Anyone in state and still waiting for a secondary invite? primary submitted 7/29
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
Waitlist tonight at 9. Atleast I got into Kaiser lol
Going to Kaiser over UC Davis though, right? Save some WL movement for us 😭Waitlist tonight at 9. Atleast I got into Kaiser lol
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
I think at this point, im going to Kaiser over anywhere lolGoing to Kaiser over UC Davis though, right? Save some WL movement for us 😭
D
deleted1036842
Kaiser is a coup, no doubt. Congrats.I think at this point, im going to Kaiser over anywhere lol
Last edited by a moderator:
Cool lol. Praying for WL movement in May here at Davis. I've visited Pasadena and Kaiser School of Medicine. It's a fantastic city, you'll love it.I think at this point, im going to Kaiser over anywhere lol
Tardis2025
Full Member
Hi! they got back to me, and it looks like it was a glitch in the AMP website's system. I received the completion email todayI only got the email they recieved my secondary, not that it was complete. Did anyone else?
Strawberry1313
New Member
Hi! I'm sorry if this is a repeat question!
I recently got invited for an interview (extremely grateful!) and I'm confused about the format. If anyone has completed the interview this year can answer this:
Is it 10 stations that are all MMI scenarios (as stated in AMP), or is it the 7 MMI, 2 traditional, and 1 dean station that the video they provide states? The video is 3 years old, so I just wanted to double-check!
Thanks for all your help!
I recently got invited for an interview (extremely grateful!) and I'm confused about the format. If anyone has completed the interview this year can answer this:
Is it 10 stations that are all MMI scenarios (as stated in AMP), or is it the 7 MMI, 2 traditional, and 1 dean station that the video they provide states? The video is 3 years old, so I just wanted to double-check!
Thanks for all your help!
The portal and video are correct. 10 stations, 7 MMI, 2 trad, 1 dead, 2 rest. Good luck.Hi! I'm sorry if this is a repeat question!
I recently got invited for an interview (extremely grateful!) and I'm confused about the format. If anyone has completed the interview this year can answer this:
Is it 10 stations that are all MMI scenarios (as stated in AMP), or is it the 7 MMI, 2 traditional, and 1 dean station that the video they provide states? The video is 3 years old, so I just wanted to double-check!
Thanks for all your help!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS II this morning omg 😭 first one of the cycle. completed 8/24
Any September complete date IIs yet? Prob too soon, I know, but I was so excited that they randomly gave me a secondary and am praying for a II from here!
Nontrad_App_098
Full Member
Is it safe to assume that if you haven't received the secondary invite, that you're pretty much rejected?
Are you from CA?Is it safe to assume that if you haven't received the secondary invite, that you're pretty much rejected?
Nontrad_App_098
Full Member
No. I did get a secondary invite from UCLA, so I was hoping that whatever made me stand out with UCLA would also translate with UC DavisAre you from CA?