You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UC Davis
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How long does it usually take to get an interview invite? I received a II on 9/26 and submitted on 10/04, and my PREview scores were released on 10/15. I know it can take a while, but, like, i'm dying
.
And congrats to those who've been accepted!
And congrats to those who've been accepted!
II is interview invite not secondary hahahHow long does it usually take to get an interview invite? I received a II on 9/26 and submitted on 10/04, and my PREview scores were released on 10/15. I know it can take a while, but, like, i'm dying.
And congrats to those who've been accepted!
I submitted Aug end, nothing yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Strawberry1313
New Member
Thank you so much!The portal and video are correct. 10 stations, 7 MMI, 2 trad, 1 dead, 2 rest. Good luck.
medschool99238
Full Member
Received IS secondary last week...is it worth submitting?
Yes!Received IS secondary last week...is it worth submitting?
Omg, I always wondered what that meant, lmao! Thanks for clarifying that. I hope we hear something soon.II is interview invite not secondary hahah
I submitted Aug end, nothing yet
banananabread
Full Member
is the "meet the dean" station during the interview a 1:1 station?
itsgbro
New Member
Yes it's one to one!is the "meet the dean" station during the interview a 1:1 station?
D
deleted1158059
Post-II R, interviewed 10/11. Best of luck for everyone still in the race, I'm rooting for all of you!!
spidey2000
Full Member
Anyone know if I should send a pre-II update letter soon, or wait till after Thanksgiving or so? I really want to go here!
They don’t accept updates, unfortunately.Anyone know if I should send a pre-II update letter soon, or wait till after Thanksgiving or so? I really want to go here!
banananabread
Full Member
Oh interesting! Is it like a space to ask questions? Or will the dean go through info session related things?Yes it's one to one!
It’s part of the mmiOh interesting! Is it like a space to ask questions? Or will the dean go through info session related things?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1193601
i apologize if this has already been asked, but is the whole MMI closed-file? I haven't received an II yet but just curious
I believe so, yesi apologize if this has already been asked, but is the whole MMI closed-file? I haven't received an II yet but just curious
D
deleted1193601
thank you!!!I believe so, yes
To anyone who has interviewed already- ya'll got any tips on how to prepare (especially for those who work full-time/raises kid(s))?
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
i would watch mmi prep videos on my way to work and when doing chores. The interview is easy and doesnt require much prepTo anyone who has interviewed already- ya'll got any tips on how to prepare (especially for those who work full-time/raises kid(s))?
IS post II rejection wooooo
Dang, sorry man 🙁IS post II rejection wooooo
Thanks bro. Nah, but they need me more than I need them 😤 lolDang, sorry man 🙁
Vinegarsaltandpepper
Full Member
A earlier today! Oct interview 🙂
I've heard of some qualified applicants who thought their interview went well getting the R. Makes me wonder if they give out a certain percentage of interviews solely for their research about AAMC PreviewIS post II rejection wooooo
That would be a waste of an interview slot though. I would think the preview information and research would come alongside their normal applicant selection for interviews and not vice versa.I've heard of some qualified applicants who thought their interview went well getting the R. Makes me wonder if they give out a certain percentage of interviews solely for their research about AAMC Preview
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
With davis having such a mission focused class, even those with good interviews and solid stats may get rejected/WL. Very similar to UC Riverside, you can be qualified and have a good interview, but they want a very specific mission fit.I've heard of some qualified applicants who thought their interview went well getting the R. Makes me wonder if they give out a certain percentage of interviews solely for their research about AAMC Preview
i really want an II here, i'm from the area, but then again so many people also are hahah
True, but I'd imagine there's some folks out there with 1/9 Preview + solid GPA/MCAT who they normally wouldn't have interviewed just to see what's up.That would be a waste of an interview slot though. I would think the preview information and research would come alongside their normal applicant selection for interviews and not vice versa.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1158059
So I got an application is complete email after being rejected post interview two weeks ago... Did anyone else get that email?
o_OfroggyO_o
Full Member
i just got the application complete email too… submitted 7/25. preview completed in early june and had all my letters and scores in before i submitted. 😭😭 and silence since then… quite confused why it took so longSo I got an application is complete email after being rejected post interview two weeks ago... Did anyone else get that email?
+1 but did not have an interview with themSo I got an application is complete email after being rejected post interview two weeks ago... Did anyone else get that email?
Tardis2025
Full Member
sameee im literally from sac lol. manifesting for us!i really want an II here, i'm from the area, but then again so many people also are hahah
Sactown represent! Maybe they'll let me in if I profess my love for the Kings.sameee im literally from sac lol. manifesting for us!
They literally had slides of students at Kings games in the information session 🤣 it MIGHT work.Sactown represent! Maybe they'll let me in if I profess my love for the Kings.
if we havent received a secondary by now, do we just assume we wont be getting one? My mcat was received 9/24 and nothing yet
I think you're still in the running until January. From the seminars I attended the adcom member said they do a holistic screen and if you don't pass it, you're put into a separate pile that they keep revisiting throughout the cycle. I'd wager a human has seen your app by this point though so not sure if it's good newsif we havent received a secondary by now, do we just assume we wont be getting one? My mcat was received 9/24 and nothing yet
Does getting a secondary from here mean anything? I got mine within hours of it being verified, but no ii
Roughly 10% of in state applicants get an interview, so the odds are decent if your app fits their mission.Does getting a secondary from here mean anything? I got mine within hours of it being verified, but no ii
stellarjay
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed/been accepted apply to any of the special programs (community health scholar pathways)? I'm wondering if they only interview for these later on in the cycle.
purple3081
Full Member
the people that got II today, what was your completion dates?
Doesn’t look like the cycle track interviewees are SDN’ers.the people that got II today, what was your completion dates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, cycletrack is user submitted data, just like sdnHow accurate is cycle track? The numbers look way off to me. It says median of interviewees is like a 519 right now
I feel like disadvantaged folks don’t utilize SDN or cycle track as much. So 519 makes sense for here, given that they interview so many disadvantaged applicants.Well, cycletrack is user submitted data, just like sdn
Makes sense. Honestly it feels their class composition is a ton of 500-505's with a sprinkle of 518-525's to drag the mean up.I feel like disadvantaged folks don’t utilize SDN or cycle track as much. So 519 makes sense for here, given that they interview so many disadvantaged applicants.
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
Those with higher stats likely feel more comfortable discussing their cycle and also would likely know what SDN and Cycle track are. I was super disadvantaged growing up, if I never met my fiance I wouldn't even know these resources exist for pre meds.I feel like disadvantaged folks don’t utilize SDN or cycle track as much. So 519 makes sense for here, given that they interview so many disadvantaged applicants.