You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UC San Diego
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Tardis2025
Full Member
nope, admissions mentioned interview date doesn't impact your chances of getting accepted 🙂the interview dates went away before I could book and I am now interviewing in March - does anyone know if this would put me at a disadvantage?
Tardis2025
Full Member
congrats! when did you interview?Received the IS A call earlier today!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tasogaredoki
New Member
Could I ask where you heard them mention this? I’m also interviewing late (last week of February) and was wondering the same thing!nope, admissions mentioned interview date doesn't impact your chances of getting accepted 🙂
Last edited:
Tardis2025
Full Member
the admissions team did a Q&A with premedcc on youtube, it was mentioned in that video. Also, it was mentioned during my interview dayCould I ask where you heard them mention this? I’m also interviewing late (last week of February) and was wondering the same thing!
pi-astronaut
pi-astronaut
No, I was never on pre-II hold.Were you on pre-II hold ?
mschoooooo
Full Member
Do you know if UCSD accepts LOI’s?
mdobsessed64
Full Member
Anyone else still on pre-ii hold since Sept with no answer yet?
YesAnyone else still on pre-ii hold since Sept with no answer yet?
were you on pre-ii hold?IS II, applied for PRIME! Excited 🥺 complete first week of September I believe
No, I hadn’t heard anything since I submitted secondary back in September!were you on pre-ii hold?
they don't accept any updates or LOIs unless you have been waitlisted post II. and even then, they will reach out to you for the update + LOI letter some time in April/May.Do you know if UCSD accepts LOI’s?
Tasogaredoki
New Member
thank you! that gives me some reassurance 🙂 that is interesting tho, I feel like most schools with rolling admissions recommend intervening early. I wonder how UCSD does differently to keep the seats open for later intervieweesthe admissions team did a Q&A with premedcc on youtube, it was mentioned in that video. Also, it was mentioned during my interview day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
VanGoghGeneEnthusiast
Full Member
Thank you! I interviewed on 1/7congrats! when did you interview?
SocalPremed00
Full Member
IS II for the PRIME program! 

Congrats! When was ur complete date?IS II for the PRIME program!![]()
Tardis2025
Full Member
no problem! best wishes for your interview 🙂thank you! that gives me some reassurance 🙂 that is interesting tho, I feel like most schools with rolling admissions recommend intervening early. I wonder how UCSD does differently to keep the seats open for later interviewees
SocalPremed00
Full Member
08/23/24Congrats! When was ur complete date?
Any advice on the MMIs? Interviewing tomorrow!
pinkcharmander
New Member
Anyone know if MMIs typically just scenario questions or do they also include more typical behavioral questions about yourself
thunderlight8
Full Member
+1 IS pre-II R, wow that's tough
were you on hold?+1 IS pre-II R, wow that's tough
thunderlight8
Full Member
Nopewere you on hold?
doctornugget
Full Member
OOS pre-II R. No hold or anything, just haven’t heard anything since secondaries. Complete 11/14
medPadawan
Full Member
OOS pre-II hold, strong ties to socal.
I know there’s a slim chance for an II but this made my day regardless 🙂
I know there’s a slim chance for an II but this made my day regardless 🙂
CaptainPrez831
Full Member
IS pre-II hold. PRIME applicant, submitted in early September
pinkysparkles24
Full Member
OOS pre-II hold, fingers crossed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Professor Oak phoned that delibird should be making its rounds between 12-1 PSTwhere are those pokemon accounts to tell me what time decisions are coming out 😭😭😭
WestCoastPolitoed
New Member
good luck today everyone!Professor Oak phoned that delibird should be making its rounds around lunch
BrainStorm12
Full Member
OOS WL 🙁
kettlecorn_
Full Member
+1 IS acceptance an hour ago. Interviewed on 1/15.
Tardis2025
Full Member
IS WL :/
stellarjay
Full Member
Do they give everyone a phone call for an acceptance?
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your LM? And are you a GHAC or PRIME applicant?+1 IS acceptance an hour ago. Interviewed on 1/15.
kettlecorn_
Full Member
LM 74 and I am traditional MDCongratulations! Do you mind sharing your LM? And are you a GHAC or PRIME applicant?
mangoesareinmyhead
Full Member
hi, this happened to me! i emailed them in the morning and they got back to me with the zoom link, group assignment, and the NDA to sign. i would recommend emailing admissions, you can also check the ‘communication status’ in the app portal to verify whether they sent an email with schedule info (i think they usually send it on mondays for wednesday interviews)Is anyone else interviewing tomorrow (2/19) and hasn't received an email with the zoom link? 😥
best of luck!
yee_haw
New Member
I emailed them a bit ago and the director got back to me super fast (they are all SO nice... I'm kicking myself for not emailing earlier in the day). It's so odd because the email shows in the app portal but not anywhere in my inbox (or junk or otherwise). 😵💫hi, this happened to me! i emailed them in the morning and they got back to me with the zoom link, group assignment, and the NDA to sign. i would recommend emailing admissions, you can also check the ‘communication status’ in the app portal to verify whether they sent an email with schedule info (i think they usually send it on mondays for wednesday interviews)
best of luck!
Thank you so much mango!!!
mangoesareinmyhead
Full Member
the email was also completely missing from my inbox and junk so i feel you, but so glad they got back to you quickly!! happy to help!I emailed them a bit ago and the director got back to me super fast (they are all SO nice... I'm kicking myself for not emailing earlier in the day). It's so odd because the email shows in the app portal but not anywhere in my inbox (or junk or otherwise). 😵💫
Thank you so much mango!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CaptainPrez831
Full Member
Pre-II hold on Feb 12th for PRIME
D
deleted1193601
just got an email update for people on II hold that all interview slots have filled but there’s still a chance to receive interviews if you’re on hold as people cancel theirs in the end of the cycle
pinkysparkles24
Full Member
Just got this too, they have me on the edge of my seat 😵💫
D
deleted1193601
Just got this too, they have me on the edge of my seat [emoji43][emoji94]
FR UGH