D
deleted1199010
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pre-IIPost II or pre-II? I would venture to say everyone gets that line.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
pre-IIPost II or pre-II? I would venture to say everyone gets that line.
I'm so sorry to hear 🙁 when did u submit?pre-II
Cheesy but be yourself! Everyone was SO friendly during my interview!Interviewing tomorrow in the AM...any last minute advice? 🙂
congrats!! I am IS and was complete 7/10 and havent heard anything 🙁+1 IS II !!!! complete 8/18!
mine's october 23! when i looked the options were october 22, 23, 30, and 31Congrats! Do you guys interview before or after the 15th?
I wasn't planning to for that reasonIs anyone going to send thank you letters to the interviewers, I wasn't sure if this was feasible because they were so short and there were so many of them.
I didn’t send any.Is anyone going to send thank you letters to the interviewers, I wasn't sure if this was feasible because they were so short and there were so many of them.
I was complete 7/18 and just heard back yesterday! u got thiscongrats!! I am IS and was complete 7/10 and havent heard anything 🙁
just to follow up, is this generally how it went on your interview day? I saw some post talk about a group interview as well but not sure. Just want to get the format down.From the limited information in the emails, it sounds like 1 traditional station + 6 MMI stations that are scenario based.
No group interview. You get the prompt, have 2 mins to think, and then you get sent to your interview room. Yes, this is how my interview went.just to follow up, is this generally how it went on your interview day? I saw some post talk about a group interview as well but not sure. Just want to get the format down.
Got it, thanks! And is it scenario type questions or acting/roleplay as well? I know i asked this before but wondering since you interviewed now.No group interview. You get the prompt, have 2 mins to think, and then you get sent to your interview room. Yes, this is how my interview went.
Why do you keep asking about role playing stations? Are you a theatre major?Got it, thanks! And is it scenario type questions or acting/roleplay as well? I know i asked this before but wondering since you interviewed now.
I get it, I personally find role-playing scenarios a little awkward and sometimes feel they need more practice to get right. Sometimes, It's easier to speak in generalities...Why do you keep asking about role playing stations? Are you a theatre major?
I think it could be later. If at none of the dates you are offered a spot, then I think you get put on the waitlistIf I interviewed on 10/2, will I find out the decision on 10/16? Or could it be later?
If you receive a hold email post interview before 10/16 that should mean you are up for consideration on oct 16thIf I interviewed on 10/2, will I find out the decision on 10/16? Or could it be later?
do you know if people who don’t get an offer on october 16th will be notified if they’re still on hold? or will it just be silence if you don’t get the AIf you get placed on hold before the 16th, I think you will be able to find out on the first date if you're accepted then. Past threads indicate real quick turn around.
I believe we'll be considered "on hold" until they explicitly tell us we are not - based on last year's SDN thread, I don't think people got emailed with status updates unless their status changed.do you know if people who don’t get an offer on october 16th will be notified if they’re still on hold? or will it just be silence if you don’t get the A
do you know if people who don’t get an offer on october 16th will be notified if they’re still on hold? or will it just be silence if you don’t get the A
Yeah I think so too. From what I can tell, now that we’re on hold, we either hear that we got accepted on one of the offer dates or placed on waitlist in March. Besides that, I don’t think we’d get other communication.I believe we'll be considered "on hold" until they explicitly tell us we are not - based on last year's SDN thread, I don't think people got emailed with status updates unless their status changed.
I personally have chosen not to send thank you emails for MMIs! Ultimately up to you though.Are you guys sending thank you emails? Not sure since its a mmi
i interviewed 10/11 and got my decision 10/16If I interviewed on 10/2, will I find out the decision on 10/16? Or could it be later?
They accept on four dates before formulating their WL. The dates are mid October, mid December, a date in February, and a date in March. You could be accepted at any of the four dates. See the follow up email they sent after your interview for more information.If you interview after 10/15 - how long does it usually take to get a decision from VCU?
So if I interview on 10/16, the earliest I would be accepted is mid-december....right?They accept on four dates before formulating their WL. The dates are mid October, mid December, a date in February, and a date in March. You could be accepted at any of the four dates. See the follow up email they sent after your interview for more information.
Correct. That is the earliest, but the other two future dates + May would be your other times.So if I interview on 10/16, the earliest I would be accepted is mid-december....right?
Pre-II R - Unlucky, really liked the school :/
Pre-II rejection [emoji17]
Sorry to hear, guys. I hope it pans out at another school!OOS Pre-II R
Good luck folks!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.