-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Maybe, I was complete 7/8 and got my II 9/16, I think they have only sent out one more batch since then.is there any estimate to where they are in reviewing things? mid-july still?
Last edited:
pleasepleasepleaseyall
Full Member
I also got a OOS pre-II rejection yesterday. I was complete late August. 🙁 good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LaCroixIsLife
Full Member
I practiced using this siteinterviewing here next week and i haven’t done any mmis so far - any advice/prep material specific for the vcu interview?
MMI Interview: The Ultimate Guide (150 Sample Questions Included) — Shemmassian Academic Consulting
Learn the different types of MMI interview questions and how to answer them. Plus, 150 MMI interview questions and the complete list of medical schools that use MMI.
Also make a bank of stories (maybe 10) in your mind that you can use as examples when answering questions
tryingmyverybest
Full Member
thank you!I practiced using this site
![]()
MMI Interview: The Ultimate Guide (150 Sample Questions Included) — Shemmassian Academic Consulting
Learn the different types of MMI interview questions and how to answer them. Plus, 150 MMI interview questions and the complete list of medical schools that use MMI.www.shemmassianconsulting.com
Also make a bank of stories (maybe 10) in your mind that you can use as examples when answering questions
what topics did you think of stories for?
LaCroixIsLife
Full Member
Think about times you have made mistakes, examples of your strengths and weaknesses, those types of examples. The website has non situational prompts that you can practice.thank you!
what topics did you think of stories for?
Yes I'm IS and was complete 7/15, nothing yetAnyone else complete in July and still have not heard anything?
jessiezhao815
Full Member
Complete on 7/8 still heard nothing yet 🙁
NoAnyone who interviewed already having trouble logging into the portal? I even tried changing password
Works on my computer not my phone so we are good 🙂
D
deleted1197021
If we are on hold will we hear back on the 16th?
tryingmyverybest
Full Member
How long after ur interview did everyone get the hold message?
tryingmyverybest
Full Member
Does vcu do policy or role playing MMIs?
D
deleted1197021
I got mine like a week or two afterHow long after ur interview did everyone get the hold message?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
_overunder_
Full Member
I interviewed on a Wednesday and received the hold notification the following Monday. I know they mentioned their goal is to review interviewees the Monday after their interview, but some folks here have seen a delay in their hold so don't stress if it takes longer!How long after ur interview did everyone get the hold message?
robot_soup
Full Member
Interviewed last week and just rec'd hold email, if that's helpful to anyone 🙂
tryingmyverybest
Full Member
Hey guys interviewing tomorrow and super nervous - any tips to get out nerves? Did the interview take the whole time alotted? Is it with students? is it chill or scary? Any advice is appreciated 🙂 thank u all for ur support earlier in this thread!
Don’t worry! It was very chill and everyone was super nice. We even did a breathing exercise before we started 🙂 I think I had a couple students and rest were faculty.Hey guys interviewing tomorrow and super nervous - any tips to get out nerves? Did the interview take the whole time alotted? Is it with students? is it chill or scary? Any advice is appreciated 🙂 thank u all for ur support earlier in this thread!
_overunder_
Full Member
The breathing exercise was so wholesome, such good vibes during the interview.Don’t worry! It was very chill and everyone was super nice. We even did a breathing exercise before we started 🙂 I think I had a couple students and rest were faculty.
What time are we expecting some A's tomorrow? Let's get some hype in this thread!
robot_soup
Full Member
Screaming crying throwing up so excited but also terrifiedWhat time are we expecting some A's tomorrow? Let's get some hype in this thread!
![]()
I saw in last year's thread that it was expected to come out around 4 in the portal and 6 via email. But I can't see the timestamp on thread replies so idk when it actually came out.What time are we expecting some A's tomorrow? Let's get some hype in this thread!
![]()
PM? I really hope not that late lol.I saw in last year's thread that it was expected to come out around 4 in the portal and 6 via email. But I can't see the timestamp on thread replies so idk when it actually came out.
Sadly yes!PM? I really hope not that late lol.
Looks like last year it came out at around 5 PM!PM? I really hope not that late lol.
Welp. I guess the joy of being West Coast is that it will happen a little earlier in my day. Let's hear some good news tomorrow!
What I want to do: Just check my email once at 6 PM and find out my decision then
What I will be doing: obsessively checking for "tabs"
What I will be doing: obsessively checking for "tabs"
Exactly what I will be doing. Also doing this for my other schools 😵What I want to do: Just check my email once at 6 PM and find out my decision then
What I will be doing: obsessively checking for "tabs"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1197021
me at workWhat I want to do: Just check my email once at 6 PM and find out my decision then
What I will be doing: obsessively checking for "tabs"
Tabs?What I want to do: Just check my email once at 6 PM and find out my decision then
What I will be doing: obsessively checking for "tabs"
Basically, if you got an A, in years past, extra tabs would show up on your portal around 4 pm eastern.
This is info from 2021 SDN
"Okay good luck everyone quick run through of how today is going to go. The official acceptance will come on the portal at 6:05 pm eastern: thats when the portal updates. However, sometime today they will input all of the accepted peoples names. There are 4 decision dates where there are roughly 150-200 people considered per date and 50 acceptances given. Ultimately about 200 people are put on the waitlist 2-250 with about 75-100 being pulled off of it. If you do not get the acceptance today, you are deferred to the next date. Your highest chance of getting the A comes on your FIRST decision date. It IS possible to get in on subsequent dates, but historically your BEST chance is that first date you are considered.
Once they put the names in of who is accepted- people will start to see tabs. This is essentially anything out of the ordinary on the portal. Often its a transcripts tab or just some weird box in the portal itself. you WILL know if its tabs.
ALL tabs come at the same time- when someone says they have tabs if you dont have them you aren't getting an acceptance today.
I think thats everything."
I don't think that's what happened last year tho
This is info from 2021 SDN
"Okay good luck everyone quick run through of how today is going to go. The official acceptance will come on the portal at 6:05 pm eastern: thats when the portal updates. However, sometime today they will input all of the accepted peoples names. There are 4 decision dates where there are roughly 150-200 people considered per date and 50 acceptances given. Ultimately about 200 people are put on the waitlist 2-250 with about 75-100 being pulled off of it. If you do not get the acceptance today, you are deferred to the next date. Your highest chance of getting the A comes on your FIRST decision date. It IS possible to get in on subsequent dates, but historically your BEST chance is that first date you are considered.
Once they put the names in of who is accepted- people will start to see tabs. This is essentially anything out of the ordinary on the portal. Often its a transcripts tab or just some weird box in the portal itself. you WILL know if its tabs.
ALL tabs come at the same time- when someone says they have tabs if you dont have them you aren't getting an acceptance today.
I think thats everything."
I don't think that's what happened last year tho
Pre-med7603
Full Member
Hoping and praying good news for everyone tomorrow! You've all put in the work to get to this point- I was madly impressed by the people in my interview group!
Same! Amazing group, wish we could all get A’s!Hoping and praying good news for everyone tomorrow! You've all put in the work to get to this point- I was madly impressed by the people in my interview group!
momobrobro
Full Member
anyone else tweaking hard right now😭I hate that they send out As so late in the day
tryingmyverybest
Full Member
anyone else waiting for info session to start?
robot_soup
Full Member
what info session?? Is this for an interview today?anyone else waiting for info session to start?
It probably is. Who is finding tabs first today?
LaCroixIsLife
Full Member
its like a game, first one to get the tabs gets a cookieIt probably is. Who is finding tabs first today?
What are tabs?its like a game, first one to get the tabs gets a cookie
LaCroixIsLife
Full Member
They usually input peoples names into the system before they release, and when they do, the accepted applicants can see extra tabs on their portal. And then a few hours later they get an emailWhat are tabs?
Man this is not good for my heart
I really don't want to log into the VCU secondary portal at 10 minute intervals all day today but I know I will anyways
No tabs for me currently, few hours early but doesn’t hurt.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No tabs for me currently, few hours early but doesn’t hurt.
Do you guys mind letting me know what exactly we’re supposed to be looking for?😹 a new tab will appear on the AMP thing?Man this is not good for my heart
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
Basically, if you got an A, in years past, extra tabs would show up on your portal around 4 pm eastern.
This is info from 2021 SDN
"Okay good luck everyone quick run through of how today is going to go. The official acceptance will come on the portal at 6:05 pm eastern: thats when the portal updates. However, sometime today they will input all of the accepted peoples names. There are 4 decision dates where there are roughly 150-200 people considered per date and 50 acceptances given. Ultimately about 200 people are put on the waitlist 2-250 with about 75-100 being pulled off of it. If you do not get the acceptance today, you are deferred to the next date. Your highest chance of getting the A comes on your FIRST decision date. It IS possible to get in on subsequent dates, but historically your BEST chance is that first date you are considered.
Once they put the names in of who is accepted- people will start to see tabs. This is essentially anything out of the ordinary on the portal. Often its a transcripts tab or just some weird box in the portal itself. you WILL know if its tabs.
ALL tabs come at the same time- when someone says they have tabs if you dont have them you aren't getting an acceptance today.
I think thats everything."
I don't think that's what happened last year tho
Do you guys mind letting me know what exactly we’re supposed to be looking for?😹 a new tab will appear on the AMP thing?
Here's a great explanation that was posted yesterday!
tryingmyverybest
Full Member
does everyone who gets a hold get an A?
Don't think so. I think it may just mean you weren't outright rejected post-II.does everyone who gets a hold get an A?
People on hold just means they were voted on favorably enough to be held for a potential acceptance on one of the four days.does everyone who gets a hold get an A?
TABS CHECK: No tabs. Time for a shower and nap, if i can sleep before this.
4:08 EST update: no tabs.
Last edited: