You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Washington University in St. Louis
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
southerncar
Full Member
amazing, super fast turnaround+1 OOS II!! LM 76 Complete late September
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
banananabread
Full Member
for post interview thank you notes, do any of you guys know whether washu accepts them & how to send them in?
I emailed mine to the interviewers’ emailsfor post interview thank you notes, do any of you guys know whether washu accepts them & how to send them in?
During the meet the dean session Dean Hagemann said if you don’t have their email you can also email admissions and they will forward your note!for post interview thank you notes, do any of you guys know whether washu accepts them & how to send them in?
banananabread
Full Member
thank you so much! do you remember if they said to attach the thank you notes as separate email attachments? (I cannot recall for the life of me if this was washu or another school that mentioned this)During the meet the dean session Dean Hagemann said if you don’t have their email you can also email admissions and they will forward your note!
I don’t remember… I attached mine as a pdf though and received confirmation that they forwarded itthank you so much! do you remember if they said to attach the thank you notes as separate email attachments? (I cannot recall for the life of me if this was washu or another school that mentioned this)
D
deleted1200309
Interested in this as well. I hated Casper and preview.How important is the Kira Talent portion of the interview? The entire Kira Talent experience felt quite unnatural, and my answers reflected that.
if i submitted mid-July and haven’t heard anything, should I just assume they don’t want me 😭
PotatoBean
Full Member
I want youif i submitted mid-July and haven’t heard anything, should I just assume they don’t want me 😭
banananabread
Full Member
its getting spicy in here!
🥺 idt my boyfriend would like that but i appreciate you Mr./Ms. PotatoI want you
PotatoBean
Full Member
Is okay. Just didn't want u to feel left out ❤️🩹🥺 idt my boyfriend would like that but i appreciate you Mr./Ms. Potato
Congrats to Mr./Mrs. Physics. 🎉
You’re the best, screw WashU, I got PotatoBean ❤️ may you get all the AsIs okay. Just didn't want u to feel left out ❤️🩹
Congrats to Mr./Mrs. Physics. 🎉
Mr. Physics wants you to know that you seem cool
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PotatoBean
Full Member
We may (?) not have WashU, but we'll always have each other 💃You’re the best, screw WashU, I got PotatoBean ❤️ may you get all the As
Mr. Physics wants you to know that you seem cool
Semi-urgent question: Leaving for a trip tomorrow for a research project and need to know if I need to pack a suit and tie. Is the washu Wednesday zoom call formal or informal dress?
Casual - under “our expectations” The Interview: What to Expect - Medical Student Admissions.
Hey! No need to stress about packing a suit and tie for the WashU Wednesday Zoom call—it’s usually pretty casual. A nice shirt or something business casual should be just fine. If you want to dress it up a bit, go for it, but you’ll be good without the formal wearSemi-urgent question: Leaving for a trip tomorrow for a research project and need to know if I need to pack a suit and tie. Is the washu Wednesday zoom call formal or informal dress?
Casual - under “our expectations” The Interview: What to Expect - Medical Student Admissions.
Thank you so much! Appreciate the quick response 🙂Hey! No need to stress about packing a suit and tie for the WashU Wednesday Zoom call—it’s usually pretty casual. A nice shirt or something business casual should be just fine. If you want to dress it up a bit, go for it, but you’ll be good without the formal wear
BlueTuba15
Full Member
If they ask me to give some hobbies before my interview should I list them out or write full sentences?
I don't remember getting asked this, did your specific interviewer reach out?If they ask me to give some hobbies before my interview should I list them out or write full sentences?
Crunchyshrimpfries164
Full Member
What's the dress code for the meet the dean session?
same for my day; wore my interview fit just in case and then just did KIRA while I was in itFormal. A good 80% of the applicants showed up in a suit, while another 20% showed up in business causal.
Wait... when is the meet the dean's session? I have my interview a week from today and I'm not finding that info in my emails/portalWhat's the dress code for the meet the dean session?
Crunchyshrimpfries164
Full Member
How many people are typically at the session?
check the original interview email that listed things to complete! it's tuesdays/thursdaysWait... when is the meet the dean's session? I have my interview a week from today and I'm not finding that info in my emails/portal
Thanks! Not sure how I missed that. Appreciate the help!You will find the zoom link under the interview tab on the secondary application portal. Its a 30-minute zoom session where the dean of admissions talks about the curriculum and the medical school. A quick Q&A at the end, but we only had time for 3-4 questions with around 40 applicants in attendance.
HappyFeet1
Full Member
just finished interview day :3. was wondering if ppl actually send thank you notes afterward? don't wanna come off as desperate, but also wondering if it makes an impact?
Probably won't make an impact, but can't hurt. Many people send them but not everyone.just finished interview day :3. was wondering if ppl actually send thank you notes afterward? don't wanna come off as desperate, but also wondering if it makes an impact?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Crunchyshrimpfries164
Full Member
What's the dress code for meet the students session lol
?
?
casual, I would say business casual
You don't even need to turn on cam
You don't even need to turn on cam
Last edited:
SoftBoiled
New Member
OOS II, LM 82
TheHelper74
Full Member
OOS II, LM 82
Woohoo! Congrats! When did you submit and were complete?
eggfriedrice
Full Member
also OOS II here, LM 83
southerncar
Full Member
Complete date ?also OOS II here, LM 83
eggfriedrice
Full Member
sry, didn’t see this earlier. 07/24Complete date ?
SoftBoiled
New Member
Thank you! 7/20 for meWoohoo! Congrats! When did you submit and were complete?
gradientfactor
Full Member
OOS II, LM 68.3. Complete 7/29
Will my story, ECs, and people skills carry me beyond the interview?
Will my story, ECs, and people skills carry me beyond the interview?
mapled0nut
Full Member
To anyone who interviewed around the same time as I did (Oct 3): did they say when we would hear back? I don't remember if they did lol
Yes, you must have some unique story, we are on the same boat. 😉OOS II, LM 68.3. Complete 7/29
Will my story, ECs, and people skills carry me beyond the interview?
I interviewed a little before you so we would have been in different info sessions, but I remember Dean Ratts saying everyone will hear back by March 6th at the very latest -- I didn't hear her specifically mention a december release like in the past though, did anyone hear the admissions team mention that they are still doing that? I don't think the way she said it precluded a potential december release date, but just curious either wayTo anyone who interviewed around the same time as I did (Oct 3): did they say when we would hear back? I don't remember if they did lol
I'm trying to submit my WashU secondary (MD), but the text boxes are greyed out, and the cursor turns into a 🚫 when I try to click into the boxes. Has anyone else come across this problem?
Cobie
Full Member
Has it been more than 2 weeks since you received the secondary? WashU required you to submit 2 weeks after being invited to complete the secondaryI'm trying to submit my WashU secondary (MD), but the text boxes are greyed out, and the cursor turns into a 🚫 when I try to click into the boxes. Has anyone else come across this problem?
Unfortunately, it has. I had other obligations that took priority, and I didn't realize I'd be locked out of completing it. Thank you for your response!Has it been more than 2 weeks since you received the secondary? WashU required you to submit 2 weeks after being invited to complete the secondary
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It doesn't look like the deadline passed, but I have had the secondary for almost two months. I had to finish and defend my dissertation, so I couldn't write any more secondaries.i submitted my secondary >2 weeks after receiving it and received an II, so this is probably not the reason
did the secondary submission deadline pass?
It may be worth sending the admissions office an email or giving them a call to ask about it. Congratulations on your dissertation defense!It doesn't look like the deadline passed, but I have had the secondary for almost two months. I had to finish and defend my dissertation, so I couldn't write any more secondaries.
Thank you! I'll try giving them a call and see if there's anything that can be done.It may be worth sending the admissions office an email or giving them a call to ask about it. Congratulations on your dissertation defense!
RedDevilz99
Full Member
+1 OOS Newsletter! Incredibly grateful! Submitted 7/3.
+1 😍+1 OOS Newsletter! Incredibly grateful! Submitted 7/3.