-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 East Virginia (EVMS)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
is this the same as “supplemental received” email?Just got the "application complete" email, submitted secondary 7/22
I believe it's different. This one is titled "Application Complete" and says "we have received all the materials required to complete your application. If you are selected for a virtual interview, you will be contacted via email with further instructions."is this the same as “supplemental received” email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
opaqueglass
Full Member
so i never got an email for secondary apps...
i know it might just be part of the screening but im paranoid bc i missed an email from a different school until i signed in with my old credentials (i was a reapplicant for that school). i found out they had supposedly emailed me a whole month ago but i swear i never got it lol.
anyways should i wait a little longer or reach out?
i know it might just be part of the screening but im paranoid bc i missed an email from a different school until i signed in with my old credentials (i was a reapplicant for that school). i found out they had supposedly emailed me a whole month ago but i swear i never got it lol.
anyways should i wait a little longer or reach out?
not_houseMD
Full Member
Maybe. But I was verified July 29th and haven't received. We both may be rejected or EVMS may be slowI got verified on August 6th, 2025, but still haven't recieved any secondaries.....does this mean i got rejected? wanna make sure if im being ghosted or not
hopefulpremed2
Full Member
i didnt even see that this deadline existed. pretty unfortunate considering ive been working on this secondary for 3 hours now loli am way past the 15 day deadline.. would it be worth it to still submit this secondary?
it's a recommendation so that you can be processed on a timely manner. Their hard deadline is in December.i didnt even see that this deadline existed. pretty unfortunate considering ive been working on this secondary for 3 hours now lol
pelbelmelsel
Full Member
Has anybody received an interview from them?
zoroisthebest
Full Member
did you end up reaching out. I still have not received anythingbro I sent my app 7/23 and I am instate..............
pelbelmelsel
Full Member
Yes!i am way past the 15 day deadline.. would it be worth it to still submit this secondary?
AcceptedInJesusNameAMEN
Full Member
hmmm hopefully this school is still sending out secondaries :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mugiwara Luffy
Full Member
+1 IS II received, complete 7/22 (LM 76)
AcceptedInJesusNameAMEN
Full Member
congrats! do you mind sharing when your primary app was submitted to them?+1 OOS Secondary received today.
Are you RD or ED?+1 IS II received, complete 7/22 (LM 76)
treasurehound44
Full Member
+1 IS II, LM 79, and complete 7/25!!
studyingformcatblah
Full Member
any oos receive an interview from them yet?
Mugiwara Luffy
Full Member
RDAre you RD or ED?
AcceptedInJesusNameAMEN
Full Member
+1 oos secondary
not_houseMD
Full Member
Yeah maybe. Sounds like they're soft R'ing lots of people. Time to cut the losses?ok. I was verified on 08/10. no secondary.
I believe its a soft R for me.
pelbelmelsel
Full Member
I had no idea they did soft R's
curiousblizzard
Full Member
I submitted my app here like last week which is obv much later than you but same, no secondary. Good thing I didn’t prewrite this one I guess?? Hahaok. I was verified on 08/10. no secondary.
I believe its a soft R for me.
curiousblizzard
Full Member
I applied to them like last week and no secondary either, didn’t know they did this? What’s your LM?Dawg I have yet to receive a secondary and I got verified 7/24 or something LOL
curiousblizzard
Full Member
LM?I submitted my app here like last week which is obv much later than you but same, no secondary. Good thing I didn’t prewrite this one I guess?? Haha
sr07
Full Member
Sorry for the late response, my primary was transmitted 08/18.congrats! do you mind sharing when your primary app was submitted to them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
suturelyhilarious
Full Member
Received an OOS secondary on 8/29! Primary was verified on 8/16. LM 73.
Anything we can help you brainstorm?Im lowkey struggling with the prompts :/
My biggest issue is deciding which story fits each prompt. I would like to use the stories from my exposure to medicine essay for the "What do you like most/least" prompts. I guess I don't have enough stories to answer the prompts :/Anything we can help you brainstorm?
probably not..these guys dont really send alota secondaries out.So this was one of my last secondaries I procrastinated... is it worth applying at all this late
cleansweep
Full Member
submit it asap, if you look at last year’s thread it’s not too late for you. some people submitted late august/early sep & still received a quick turnaround with an IISo this was one of my last secondaries I procrastinated... is it worth applying at all this late
not_houseMD
Full Member
any one else still waiting on secondary? why are they so selective with their secondaries? 🙄
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Yes, been like 10 days for me I think, still no secondary. Not sure if im gonna get one. Lm 70.6any one else still waiting on secondary? why are they so selective with their secondaries? 🙄
not_houseMD
Full Member
I never even got a secondary...submitted secondary 8/3 and radio silence since… anyone else in the same boat?
futureobgyn2@24
Full Member
application complete email on 7/14, radio silence since 🤣 im not stressing abt it for right now, still early dayssubmitted secondary 8/3 and radio silence since… anyone else in the same boat?
Submitted primary on 07/24. Never got secondary since. They said I’m under review…that’s a long time!I never even got a secondary...
sparse
Full Member
So I have the secondary already, I just haven't gotten to doing it yet, did you mean II?probably not..these guys dont really send alota secondaries out.
sparse
Full Member
Thank you!! Will do my best tosubmit it asap, if you look at last year’s thread it’s not too late for you. some people submitted late august/early sep & still received a quick turnaround with an II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II received today! LM 69 secondary submitted 8/1 and complete on 8/2
D
deleted1224323
By the time I get a secondary, the cycle will already be over. I'm convinced...😭
I went to UCLA which is on a quarter system and had a series of Chem courses that was recommended to take to fulfill med school requirements. The series was: Chem 14A (gen chem), Chem 14B (gen chem), Chem 14BL (lab with a small lecture component, listed as gen/ochem lab 1, heavier focus on gen chem), Chem 14C (ochem), Chem 14CL (lab with a small lecture component, listed as gen/ochem lab 2, heavier focus on ochem), Chem 14D (ochem). I'm wondering if this will fulfill the requirements for EVMS. So far I have listed everything as such:
Gen Chem Lectures:
-Chem 14A
-Chem 14B
-Chem 14BL
Gen Chem Labs:
-Chem 14BL
-Chem 14CL
OChem Lectures:
-Chem 14C
-Chem 14D
-Chem 14CL
Ochem Labs:
-Chem 14BL
-Chem 14CL
It's a little confusing since the lab descriptions seem to cover both gen and ochem. I don't know if listing them as such where the courses overlap will count to EVMS's requirements. Furthermore, in this case, it seems that I would be missing a third lab for both Gen Chem and OChem. Would I need to take a third lab course for both? I took two Biochem classes but neither with a lab component.
Gen Chem Lectures:
-Chem 14A
-Chem 14B
-Chem 14BL
Gen Chem Labs:
-Chem 14BL
-Chem 14CL
OChem Lectures:
-Chem 14C
-Chem 14D
-Chem 14CL
Ochem Labs:
-Chem 14BL
-Chem 14CL
It's a little confusing since the lab descriptions seem to cover both gen and ochem. I don't know if listing them as such where the courses overlap will count to EVMS's requirements. Furthermore, in this case, it seems that I would be missing a third lab for both Gen Chem and OChem. Would I need to take a third lab course for both? I took two Biochem classes but neither with a lab component.
Email them. They were super chill when I did.I went to UCLA which is on a quarter system and had a series of Chem courses that was recommended to take to fulfill med school requirements. The series was: Chem 14A (gen chem), Chem 14B (gen chem), Chem 14BL (lab with a small lecture component, listed as gen/ochem lab 1, heavier focus on gen chem), Chem 14C (ochem), Chem 14CL (lab with a small lecture component, listed as gen/ochem lab 2, heavier focus on ochem), Chem 14D (ochem). I'm wondering if this will fulfill the requirements for EVMS. So far I have listed everything as such:
Gen Chem Lectures:
-Chem 14A
-Chem 14B
-Chem 14BL
Gen Chem Labs:
-Chem 14BL
-Chem 14CL
OChem Lectures:
-Chem 14C
-Chem 14D
-Chem 14CL
Ochem Labs:
-Chem 14BL
-Chem 14CL
It's a little confusing since the lab descriptions seem to cover both gen and ochem. I don't know if listing them as such where the courses overlap will count to EVMS's requirements. Furthermore, in this case, it seems that I would be missing a third lab for both Gen Chem and OChem. Would I need to take a third lab course for both? I took two Biochem classes but neither with a lab component.
To everyone worrying about the radio silence on secondaries, I may be able to shed some light on this. I am a reapplicant, but I applied to EVMS both times. Last year, I was verified around 08/16/24. I got radio silence for months and got a secondary around 10/8/24 or so. I ultimately did not get an interview last year, although my writing needed ALOT of polish in hindsight.
This year, I applied 06/15/2025, and was verified 07/28/2025. I did not receive a secondary immediately from them, but surprisingly received one on 08/11/2025. I submitted my secondary somewhere around 08/19-08/26 (cant remember the exact date, and I'm going off my completion email and the last modified dates on my secondary documents.) I am now waiting and hoping I made enough of an oomph this year to get an interview.
The only difference between the two years was I now had research experience, I heavily polished my essays, and applied earlier, also adding activities i failed to the first time, along with a new volunteer activity that had about 50 hours on it.
As for my stats,
I cant give an LM score because my profile doesn't give an accurate score ( which I have gotten confirmation from LizzyM herself).
cGPA ~2.71 GPA with upward trend.
sGPA- 2.69 GPA with upward trend.
SMP GPA from CWRU MSMP program: 3.906.
MCAT 503 (126/124/127/126)
I am an Ohio applicant, but I am a Virginia native, moving to ohio when I was just turning 25. so by AMCAS standards I am OOS.
From my understanding, EVMS screens pretty hardcore for their secondaries. I can speak to that. The GPA and MCAT stats I listed have not changed between my two cycles. I definitely wrote them off as a R, given I went almost 2 months without hearing from them last year. I was shocked when they sent me one to begin with.
So in summary, don't write them, or yourself off. My stats are very low, and I got one both years. I am confident all of y'all smoke me statwise. if you haven't gotten a secondary yet, pre-write them so you can turn them around.
This year, I applied 06/15/2025, and was verified 07/28/2025. I did not receive a secondary immediately from them, but surprisingly received one on 08/11/2025. I submitted my secondary somewhere around 08/19-08/26 (cant remember the exact date, and I'm going off my completion email and the last modified dates on my secondary documents.) I am now waiting and hoping I made enough of an oomph this year to get an interview.
The only difference between the two years was I now had research experience, I heavily polished my essays, and applied earlier, also adding activities i failed to the first time, along with a new volunteer activity that had about 50 hours on it.
As for my stats,
I cant give an LM score because my profile doesn't give an accurate score ( which I have gotten confirmation from LizzyM herself).
cGPA ~2.71 GPA with upward trend.
sGPA- 2.69 GPA with upward trend.
SMP GPA from CWRU MSMP program: 3.906.
MCAT 503 (126/124/127/126)
I am an Ohio applicant, but I am a Virginia native, moving to ohio when I was just turning 25. so by AMCAS standards I am OOS.
From my understanding, EVMS screens pretty hardcore for their secondaries. I can speak to that. The GPA and MCAT stats I listed have not changed between my two cycles. I definitely wrote them off as a R, given I went almost 2 months without hearing from them last year. I was shocked when they sent me one to begin with.
So in summary, don't write them, or yourself off. My stats are very low, and I got one both years. I am confident all of y'all smoke me statwise. if you haven't gotten a secondary yet, pre-write them so you can turn them around.