2025-2026 East Virginia (EVMS)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know if it was closed or open file? Were there any medical students interviewing you or just faculty?
I think it’s open? But the structured questions make it seem closed file since they don’t ask any questions regarding your application. I had one student and two faculty. Very low stress even though the panel was intimidating to see at first.
 
I think it’s open? But the structured questions make it seem closed file since they don’t ask any questions regarding your application. I had one student and two faculty. Very low stress even though the panel was intimidating to see at first.
Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Radio silence post secondary. I got realyl excited when they sent me the secondary so quickly this time round, but im probably going to get rejected anyway
Don't lose hope! Looking at your previous post, I actually have a very similar story to you.

My cGPA from undergrad is 2.88 and sGPA is 2.45 both with an upward trend as well. I also did a SMP at an institution with a med school in Medical Health Sciences and got a 3.96. My MCAT is a little higher at 508, but overall I still think you have a good shot at an interview! I think SDN and Reddit can give a lot of anxiety about IIs, at this point it's kind of just a waiting game and filling your time with meaningful things to you and self-care.
 
It's been three months since I submitted my secondary. I received an email on 7/21 stating, "We have received and reviewed your supplementary application. If you are selected for a virtual interview, you will receive an official invitation by email."

Again is this a "complete" email or something else?

I am IS. LM 68.

Should I send a letter of interest?
 
Radio silence post secondary. I got realyl excited when they sent me the secondary so quickly this time round, but im probably going to get rejected anyway
The cycle isn't over until its over, many schools interview into January, February, and March (ask me how I know).
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, interviewing this week and wanted some insight about what they ask about? Like are questions based on our apps or more general?
Mine told me that they had to ask a few (5 I think) standardized questions and could ask individual follow questions based on my answers. I believe I was also told that the interview was open file except for MCAT and GPA.
 
Mine told me that they had to ask a few (5 I think) standardized questions and could ask individual follow questions based on my answers. I believe I was also told that the interview was open file except for MCAT and GPA.
This is how mine went as well. Most of the conversation about my file was a few things they found intriguing in the beginning of the interview as well as additional questions within those standard 5 they had to ask
 
Dang well that’s concerning. Well I guess we’ll see if they hated me
Unfortunately, sometimes the interview experience you have depends on the personal style of your interviewer.
If they were very businesslike, that's just how they are and doesn't mean they didn't like you.
 
So will we get an email if we are waitlisted? Is there any chance they will send out more acceptances for the first batch of interviews at a later date or time?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad