You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Texas Tech Lubbock
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
AnatomyAndAnonymity
TMDSAS Wrangler
LM 82.5, didn't apply EDLM? Did you apply ED.
Atel-019
New Member
LM 82, no EDLM? Did you apply ED?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thegr8deb8
New Member
Any other EDP applicants in here?
NapQueen16
Full Member
IS II received last Friday 8/22
ssr081993
New Member
Congrats!!! If you dont mind me asking, whats ur LM score and when did you submit secondaries?IS II received last Friday 8/22
NapQueen16
Full Member
LM 69, secondary submitted 8/10!
How can I prepare for ttu interview(s)?Current student at HSC. Happy to answer questions as best as I can about anything to do with the school. No ties with admissions so asking me will not affect your chances or anything like that, but I'm happy to provide tips based on my own experiences etc.
D
deleted1214170
How can I prepare for ttu interview(s)?
Me!Any other EDP applicants in here?
InnerPeace02
Full Member
In state interview invite received. Scheduled for the beginning of Sep
dustycrusader
Full Member
+1 IS II, LM 75
thegr8deb8
New Member
I interviewed August 1st and the wait is killing me haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hope they let you ED guys know before October 1 but it might not be til thenI interviewed August 1st and the wait is killing me haha

thegr8deb8
New Member
I hope so! But I’m sure things are insane on their end, so I get it.hope they let you ED guys know before October 1 but it might not be til then![]()
unmaskedvillian
Full Member
Hey how was the interview? I just got invited to do an interview with them?Interview received! scheduled for 8/1. LM 64.
Me too!!! I have a few friends who went ED here previous years and got a decision mid SeptemberI interviewed August 1st and the wait is killing me haha
+1 IS II LM 72
Congrats. When did you submit?+1 IS II LM 72
Thank you! Submitted 7/22Congrats. When did you submit?
Hi, thank you so much for offering! I was honestly very impressed by the interview experience. It was super fun and chill, so I was wondering if the vibe will be kept the same throughout medical school for TTUHSC? I know that UTMB has a reputation of having a chill atmosphere even amidst the struggles of medical school. Do you feel like TTUHSC has a similar atmosphere from other students and the administration? Also, some of the MS2 students said that the anatomy block will be when we will have the least amount of time, but after that you can basically make your schedule. Do you feel like is true?Current student at HSC. Happy to answer questions as best as I can about anything to do with the school. No ties with admissions so asking me will not affect your chances or anything like that, but I'm happy to provide tips based on my own experiences etc.
Okay, that’s awesome! Thank you for replying man it seems like TTUHSC will be higher on my list. The only thing is the location ig but I’m sure spending time with other classmates will make up for it.I would say that the vibe is similar throughout the medical curriculum. It's completely pass/fail for the first two years, so you don't really have any gunners or weirdos. There's some people that you may not get along with, but, in a class of 180, there's plenty of people to find your group in. The administration is fine. They have some annoyances (like I wish they would do some adjustments for how our clerkships are graded) but there aren't really any red flags that you should be concerned about. The anatomy block is definitely busier because you have scheduled dissections, but 90% of your time after that is at your own schedule. You'll have 3-5 random mandatory hours of lectures or standardized-patient encounters in a typical week, but everything else is recorded/not mandatory. So maybe about 20/180 students go to lectures live. Another 50 or so will watch the recordings whenever they want to. Most people just don't watch them at all (and just use third-party resources like Boards and Beyond) for most of the first two years.
I really don't have any complaints about HSC itself. They provide a lot of those resources (like UWorld) for free. Lubbock kinda sucks because it's so small and there's not a ton to do, but it's not so small that it's terrible. You can still find some stuff. I also do like how cheap Lubbock and HSC is. Tuition is like $22k.
So I do agree with everything about making your own schedule, at least for the first two years. During MS3, you're obviously at the hospital and stuck with a hectic schedule just like any other school.
InnerPeace02
Full Member
Thank you so much for your post! Can you give insight into clinical rotations? Do most students have to move for clinicals?I would say that the vibe is similar throughout the medical curriculum. It's completely pass/fail for the first two years, so you don't really have any gunners or weirdos. There's some people that you may not get along with, but, in a class of 180, there's plenty of people to find your group in. The administration is fine. They have some annoyances (like I wish they would do some adjustments for how our clerkships are graded) but there aren't really any red flags that you should be concerned about. The anatomy block is definitely busier because you have scheduled dissections, but 90% of your time after that is at your own schedule. You'll have 3-5 random mandatory hours of lectures or standardized-patient encounters in a typical week, but everything else is recorded/not mandatory. So maybe about 20/180 students go to lectures live. Another 50 or so will watch the recordings whenever they want to. Most people just don't watch them at all (and just use third-party resources like Boards and Beyond) for most of the first two years.
I really don't have any complaints about HSC itself. They provide a lot of those resources (like UWorld) for free. Lubbock kinda sucks because it's so small and there's not a ton to do, but it's not so small that it's terrible. You can still find some stuff. I also do like how cheap Lubbock and HSC is. Tuition is like $22k.
So I do agree with everything about making your own schedule, at least for the first two years. During MS3, you're obviously at the hospital and stuck with a hectic schedule just like any other school.
Hi! Other current SoM student here, also went here for Undergrad, but I lived in downtown Houston and the Northeast for a bit before starting.Okay, that’s awesome! Thank you for replying man it seems like TTUHSC will be higher on my list. The only thing is the location ig but I’m sure spending time with other classmates will make up for it.
It is different, it’s smaller than most big cities, but you’ll definitely have everything you need 90% of what you want (unless you’re looking for shark cage diving or anything like that lmao). The way we usually talk about it during interview days is that you for sure have at least one of everything, but probably not more than that. The people are incredibly kind in Lubbock, many of my classmates have had tires/car batteries changed for free by random strangers, i even got offered free dinner at someone’s house once I told them I was studying Medicine in Lubbock, it’s pretty great. Plus let’s be fr here, you’re not going to have time to max out all the amenities during school. There is enough night life to keep you entertained after exams, free access to all the undergrad sports events to keep you busy with that, and orgs that do a bunch of fun trips/activities as well.
Lubbock grows on you! It’s a great place to go to med school imo 🙂
Very interesting. Haven't seen a breakdown like this before.
thestrugglingpremedd
Full Member
SAME!!! I want October 15th to come already.I interviewed August 1st and the wait is killing me haha
thestrugglingpremedd
Full Member
It was really good. I had two people one was a physician/professor and another was a third year medical student. The questions were pretty easy. Easy interview format with one MMI question/Hey how was the interview? I just got invited to do an interview with them?
SR77
Full Member
Hi everyone, congrats to those with IIs! I was wondering if TTUHSC Lubbock tends to prioritize applicants with West Texas ties when sending out interviews. For those who have received one, would you mind sharing your complete date, IS/OOS, LM, if you applied ED, and whether you have West Texas connections?
If any current students or school representatives happen to see this, I’d really appreciate your perspective as well. Also tagging @wysdoc for clarity about how regional ties play a role in the Texas interview process!
Thanks!
If any current students or school representatives happen to see this, I’d really appreciate your perspective as well. Also tagging @wysdoc for clarity about how regional ties play a role in the Texas interview process!
Thanks!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
patrickthestar
Full Member
Sorry for the late reply but +1 OOS II received on 8/27!! Secondary submitted on 8/20. Excited to be a part of this thread!
Maidenless??
Full Member
Wow, that'a a really quick turnaround. What is your LM or MCAT score?Sorry for the late reply but +1 OOS II received on 8/27!! Secondary submitted on 8/20. Excited to be a part of this thread!
thegr8deb8
New Member
Secondary submitted 5/22, II on 07/11, ED, LM66, strong west Texas ties. In state.Hi everyone, congrats to those with IIs! I was wondering if TTUHSC Lubbock tends to prioritize applicants with West Texas ties when sending out interviews. For those who have received one, would you mind sharing your complete date, IS/OOS, LM, if you applied ED, and whether you have West Texas connections?
If any current students or school representatives happen to see this, I’d really appreciate your perspective as well. Also tagging @wysdoc for clarity about how regional ties play a role in the Texas interview process!
Thanks!
patrickthestar
Full Member
I thought the same thing but I'm excited about it! I was worried my secondary was submitted late with how early Texas schools begin things. LM 77.4, MCAT 521. I'm also a reapplicant if that changes anything.Wow, that'a a really quick turnaround. What is your LM or MCAT score?
axpathetic
Full Member
IS II received, secondary complete 6/3
Dang, with that early of an application and also that high of an LM, I'm surprised it took you this long. Congrats.IS II received, secondary complete 6/3
axpathetic
Full Member
Thanks, though here are some other factors for your consideration, and for anyone else reading: I don't have any ties to West Texas or rural medicine, and my application is more research-heavy with very average service activities.Dang, with that early of an application and also that high of an LM, I'm surprised it took you this long. Congrats.
chickenlegs2020
Full Member
I have my interview here tomorrow - can anyone share their experience? I'm a little nervous
chickenlegs2020
Full Member
Got it, thank you so much!Current HSC student here. The interviews are very relaxed. They have a couple of random presentations on the school (curriculum, living in Lubbock, etc.) as well as a Q/A with current students. You'll likely have a student and a faculty interviewer. Each is twenty minutes. They ask you one ethics-based question, and most of the rest of it is just getting to know you to see if you'd be a good fit for HSC/if HSC is a good fit for you. It's very conversational. Just review your essays (especially your secondary) and be prepared to explain more about anything you wrote in it.
monkey.d.luffy
Full Member
I got a secondary from TTUHSC Lubbock really late, like yesterday 9/10 even though my TMDSAS was transmitted in late June. anyone know what this means? getting a secondary from them this late makes it seem like im towards the lower end of their priority (which is valid bc i dont have west texas ties) LM76 and IS for reference.
I would guess it's no disrespect to you but more likely double checking that all their TMDSAS applicants have received a secondary. You were probably missed by some glitch or unintended error in emailing out the secondary invitations.I got a secondary from TTUHSC Lubbock really late, like yesterday 9/10 even though my TMDSAS was transmitted in late June. anyone know what this means? getting a secondary from them this late makes it seem like im towards the lower end of their priority (which is valid bc i dont have west texas ties) LM76 and IS for reference.
+1 IS II, LM 68 complete 6/10
thegr8deb8
New Member
I got my A! Very happy and looking forward to attending.Secondary submitted 5/22, II on 07/11, ED, LM66, strong west Texas ties. In state.
Congrats. How did you get your A already? I assume you're ED but I thought ED announcements don't come out until 10/1?I got my A! Very happy and looking forward to attending.
ED announcements must be made BY October 1.Congrats. How did you get your A already? I assume you're ED but I thought ED announcements don't come out until 10/1?
I love it when a school announces it earlier.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, thanks for the clarification. I even looked up your Republic post and I didn't read clearly enough.ED announcements must be made BY October 1.
I love it when a school announces it earlier.
I sometimes for clarity don’t list every possible exception to a rule.Oh, thanks for the clarification. I even looked up your Republic post and I didn't read clearly enough.
thegr8deb8
New Member
Yes ED. Someone earlier in the thread said many heard back in mid-September.Congrats. How did you get your A already? I assume you're ED but I thought ED announcements don't come out until 10/1?
Hi future classmate!!! Got my A as well on 9/4!!!I got my A! Very happy and looking forward to attending.