Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In last year's thread, people were still getting secondaries in the middle of September. I wouldn't sweat it.Still no secondary for IS Southern California, anyone else? Primary was verified 6/13/25
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
In last year's thread, people were still getting secondaries in the middle of September. I wouldn't sweat it.Still no secondary for IS Southern California, anyone else? Primary was verified 6/13/25
Received secondary last week. Primary was verified at the end of July. If it counts, I am a FAP applicant.Still no secondary for IS Southern California, anyone else? Primary was verified 6/13/25
First AMCAS or TMDSAS offers can go out October 15th at the earliest, that's 6 weeks from now so you will have a longer wait for news than people who interview later this year.For those who intv today, did they say we wait 3-4 weeks from Oct 15 to receive a decision? I remember them saying we had to wait longer, which I thought was because decisions can’t come out until Oct 15
Yeahh, I asked my friend who also interviewed and we both didn’t get it. But, it was an anonymous survey so I’m not sure how they would know. It did make me a bit nervous since they said our file would be frozen until we did it.Did anyone receive a confirmation email or portal update after completing the survey post interview? I didn't see anything new, and they mentioned our app would be put on hold if not completed so I want to make sure I didn't miss anything.
me too, hopefully theyre just slow!Still no secondary for IS Southern California, anyone else? Primary was verified 6/13/25
Bump, I'm in the same boatHaven't received a secondary yet or any e-mails from Davis... should I just assume I was rejected?
Bump, I'm in the same boat
last year people were getting secondaries from them well into November, I think I mostly saw IS (I am IS also waiting and went to school in NorCal)Haven't received a secondary yet or any e-mails from Davis... should I just assume I was rejected?
That's good to know, thank you! I am IS (SoCal with central valley ties)last year people were getting secondaries from them well into November, I think I mostly saw IS (I am IS also waiting and went to school in NorCal)
I
when did you submit 2rdary?IS II today!
They add dates throughout the year, that doesn't mean they are for the same application cycle. I doubt they make exceptions, especially since you had months to schedule this, but the only way you will really know is to email admissions. Worst they can say is no, which doesn't change your chances at this point.but the october test date was added late this year, would that be an exception for this year?
I would suggest activities that closely align with Davis, their mission, communities, and location. That may mean researching the region and programs offered at Davis.Hi everyone! I just got the UC Davis secondary on Monday (applied late and added them the day before). Davis is my top choice as a NorCal applicant, and I was hoping for some advice on the activities secondary. Do they tend to value medical-related experiences (MA, EMT, research, hospital volunteering) more, or activities that highlight working with underserved populations (which might match their mission more)? I worked as a medical assistant with underserved patients, so I put that first. For my second and third, I’m torn between listing research/EMT or my volunteer work with elderly populations. Any thoughts on what might resonate most with Davis would be super helpful!
Also, I’ve heard UCD only sends secondaries to a subset of applicants. My GPA and ECs are solid, but my MCAT is on the lower side (501). Does getting a secondary mean something positive for my app? Do they weigh stats again for interviews/acceptances? Thanks so much in advance!
I am also waiting for a secondary, would calling admissions and requesting a secondary not be seen as impatient?Save the update letter for after the interview.
Call admissions and request a secondary. This shouldn't be a problem.
it depends on the rest of your file. Probably wouldn't be seen as impatient at this point in general.I am also waiting for a secondary, would calling admissions and requesting a secondary not be seen as impatient?
Applicants shouldn’t request secondaries from schools that screen for mission fit. Davis is known to screen heavily.Call admissions and request a secondary. This shouldn't be a problem.
Yeah I agree with uApplicants shouldn’t request secondaries from schools that screen for mission fit. Davis is known to screen heavily.
It would, especially for a school that screens. I’m sorry, but if you have to fight this hard for a secondary, the school may not see you as a fit and sending a secondary or not won’t fix that. That’s their loss, another program will see what you have to bring to their school and will be happy to have you.I am also waiting for a secondary, would calling admissions and requesting a secondary not be seen as impatient?
Yea I am just going to leave it alone. I already emailed them this week about my updated MCAT score (I just got it back this week) and they responded saying they have it and will take it into consideration.It would, especially for a school that screens. I’m sorry, but if you have to fight this hard for a secondary, the school may not see you as a fit and sending a secondary or not won’t fix that. That’s their loss, another program will see what you have to bring to their school and will be happy to have you.
What do you mean saving it for after the interview? After the interview results come out or before getting an invitation? I don’t know if uc davis accepts letters of interest. When would be a good idea to do so?Save the update letter for after the interview.
Call admissions and request a secondary. This shouldn't be a problem.
i don’t think UC davis accepts update lettersWhat do you mean saving it for after the interview? After the interview results come out or before getting an invitation? I don’t know if uc davis accepts letters of interest. When would be a good idea to do so?
I mean, interviewing early at a program with rolling admissions always puts you at an advantage.What are odds/stats for acceptance post interview and what factors do you think they consider? I believe results are out around October 15. Does being in the first batch of interviewers here mean anything compared to those interviewing later?
Do you have any idea how they select individuals? I know it’s holistic but what are some factors that you’d say definitely gives you a better chance.
If you don't get good news right away. Don't send it before getting an invitation.What do you mean saving it for after the interview? After the interview results come out or before getting an invitation? I don’t know if uc davis accepts letters of interest. When would be a good idea to do so?
out of curiosity, where did you find these statistics?I mean, interviewing early at a program with rolling admissions always puts you at an advantage.
UC Davis interviewed ~500 people last year, accepted ~250, and matriculated about ~130. First day of interviews for UCD was 9/5 and I think have been every Friday. If you do the math, they have interviewed about 100 people by now.
MSARout of curiosity, where did you find these statistics?
out of curiosity, where did you find these statistics?
Butalbusaur said:I mean, interviewing early at a program with rolling admissions always puts you at an advantage.
UC Davis interviewed ~500 people last year, accepted ~250, and matriculated about ~130. First day of interviews for UCD was 9/5 and I think have been every Friday. If you do the math, they have interviewed about 100 people by now.
I just redid the math in my head… it must be less because they interview into March. That’s my bad. If they did 100, they would give out their 500 by January. It must be closer to 70-80 each month. Thank you for catching that!@Butalbusaur You said this on 9/28.
So every Friday since 9/5...
Interviews go into the spring.
That's a lot of interviews if they have interviewed 100 people by now. Kudos to UCD.
I just redid the math in my head… it must be less because they interview into March. That’s my bad. If they did 100, they would give out their 500 by January. It must be closer to 70-80 each month. Thank you for catching that!
My rationale was that my interview day had a cohort ~30 peeps and if it stays consistent around there, it should add up to ~100 by the beginning of this month.
Yeah it's just that the MSAR does not publish "cohorts" or whatever.Butalbusaur said:MSARout of curiosity, where did you find these statistics?

Just added it up over the month (assuming they interview the same number of people each week). It’s my best guess, but I agree with you about giving the most accurate data. Again, my bad!Yeah it's just that the MSAR does not publish "cohorts" or whatever.
Not trying to nitpick; it's just that a lot of people come here for accurate information. I am still lost on where you got the number "100." But whatever.![]()
When I emailed them 2 weeks ago about my updated MCAT, they replied in the email that it takes them a while to screen holistically due to the amount of applications, and that secondary apps will be sent through January, which seems like a pretty long timeline to me. They also said they would send a rejection email if you are not being considered.UC Davis was the very first school I added on AMCAS and I was verified July 10th. At first I thought they were just slow but I still have not even gotten a secondary from them. Is it pretty safe to say at this point that I've been screened? I wonder why they would reject me without even a chance at a secondary... My stats match theirs and I'm from NorCal...
Yeaaaa it’s interesting. As soon as I got my score on 9/23 (and emailing the schools about my updated score), the next day UCSF sent me one, two days later UCSD pre secondary rejects me and still waiting for LA, Irvine, and Davis. So I guess they take the longest 🤷🏽♂️Thank you, receiving a secondary as late as January seems crazy but it really helps to know they do send rejection emails instead of ghosting.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.