-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wolfgang-M
Full Member
I think they will send out some today my brothers and sisters.
lebronjames124
Full Member
what makes u say that?I think they will send out some today my brothers and sisters.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wolfgang-M
Full Member
Just based on the past 3 years. They have sent out a few decisions around this time and on a friday. They have done it on the 4th or 6th. But also have done it on the 12th so it could also be next week. But we shall see.what makes u say that?
Wolfgang-M
Full Member
It seems like I was wrong people. Apparently no A's were sent out today (none reported at least) I apologize for this unsatisfactory outcome. I'll be better. I think next week will be the day. The 13th-14th. Let the waiting game continue.
Thank you for sharing this! Do they low-key evaluate us based on asking questions even outside of our interviews?You'll have two essentially back to back traditional interviews. Neither seemed like they intended to be stress interviews. Both were open file, typical questions. My experience was pleasant; I felt the interviewers were very conversational and willing to go "off-script" a bit.
The staff seemed stressed. They pack a lot of students per interview day and it's a lot to coordinate. Like other schools, the presentations are primarily about the curriculum and resources at the school. Pretty much everyone already knows most of what there is to know about the school by the time they are interviewing so it's just a lot of staring at each other in anxiety until the interview.
There is a small breakout round-robin kind of thing where you cycle through students and faculty in a group. It's an interesting format and you have the opportunity to get to know a little bit about the other applicants, but it wasn't very much time at all. At the same time, I felt it was necessary because at least in my group, any time the floor was open for questions, almost everyone raises their hand (usually to ask pretend, prepared questions that waste everyone's time)... so it was nice to have a smaller breakout and have more opportunities to speak at all.
Overall, you might even have fun if you can let go of the nerves. Easy for me to say, I know. Hopefully we're classmates next year!
Does anyone else have any insights for doing well on UCLA’s interview day? Good luck everyone!
OOS II. Submitted secondary 8/12. Just broke down crying at home. Older late 30s non trad with low stats, and in utter, total shock. What the hell.
Last edited:
smoney1178
Full Member
Lm!?+1 OOS II, secondary submitted late Sep.
CubaMed305
New Member
For those of us who interviewed late October, any idea when we'd be hearing back?
69 and 9 PREview (if that even matters lol)Lm!?
Wolfgang-M
Full Member
Could be this week could be in January. We will never knowFor those of us who interviewed late October, any idea when we'd be hearing back?
nontradmedic95
35 secondaries submitted, wallet empty.
I feel you, I'm waiting for some love from my state school too (Maryland). I'll take any II and gladly go wherever I may be accepted, but it would involve uprooting my spouse and kids. Hope you get the II soon!so happy for y'all but IS students watching OOS students get IIs like we wouldn't sell our firstborn to stay in-state :
View attachment 411510
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not at all. We're here as a resource for you to learn what you need to learn about UCLA.Thank you for sharing this! Do they low-key evaluate us based on asking questions even outside of our interviews?
cantaloupelover23
New Member
IS II for Traditional MD (selected Global Health Equity Pathway when submitted secondary)
Secondary Received: 7/25/25
Secondary Submitted: 8/8/25
Interview Received: 11/10/25
Secondary Received: 7/25/25
Secondary Submitted: 8/8/25
Interview Received: 11/10/25
Do they weigh how high our preview score is in their decisions for acceptance? Or is it more of meeting a threshold? Or still just an experimental consideration for now?
lebronjames124
Full Member
No one knows except for ppl in admissions. Preview is something that's been debated a lot. Some people think it is just a money grab from AAMC while others say it actually mattersDo they weigh how high our preview score is in their decisions for acceptance? Or is it more of meeting a threshold? Or still just an experimental consideration for now?
Did anyone get a II Nov 10 for MSTP and get an email just now saying it was a glitch?
Boy am I glad I didn't apply for the MSTP.Did anyone get a II Nov 10 for MSTP and get an email just now saying it was a glitch?
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
That should be a crime.Did anyone get a II Nov 10 for MSTP and get an email just now saying it was a glitch?
Wolfgang-M
Full Member
It's possibleis UCLA releasing some decisions tomorrow?
Wolfgang-M
Full Member
Somebody got accepted according to admit. SHOW yourself!
juggernaut25
Full Member
+1 IS A!! Reapplicant, feeling super grateful. Good luck to all who are waiting to hear back, hoping the best for each and every one of you❤️
Wolfgang-M
Full Member
Congrats! At what time did you receive the email? And when did you interviewed if you dont mind sharing.+1 IS A!! Reapplicant, feeling super grateful. Good luck to all who are waiting to hear back, hoping the best for each and every one of you❤️
juggernaut25
Full Member
Interviewed 10/24, got the email this morningCongrats! At what time did you receive the email? And when did you interviewed if you dont mind sharing.
Wolfgang-M
Full Member
Did you get a Call after the email? Just asking cause that would mean (in my neurotic head) that they don't send all the A's at once and instead send some and then call and continue doing so throughout the day lol. But again HUGE!Interviewed 10/24, got the email this morning
Interviewed mid Oct and have not heard back 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lebronjames124
Full Member
i interviewed mid sep. i think its over for meInterviewed mid Oct and have not heard back 🙁
Wolfgang-M
Full Member
It's not over till it's overi interviewed mid sep. i think it's over for me
Wolfgang-M
Full Member
Very very few people have.Interviewed mid Oct and have not heard back 🙁
ConfusedPreMed247
Full Member
I also got this email, not sure why they didn't get it from my AMCAS application?Hey y'all. Did anyone get this email:
I thought PREview scores through the AAMC were automatically sent to AMCAS programs?
View attachment 411678
Is it showing up on your downloaded AMCAS application?Hey y'all. Did anyone get this email:
I thought PREview scores through the AAMC were automatically sent to AMCAS programs?
View attachment 411678
Wolfgang-M
Full Member
I didn't have to do anything and they received the Preview scoreHey y'all. Did anyone get this email:
I thought PREview scores through the AAMC were automatically sent to AMCAS programs?
View attachment 411678
ConfusedPreMed247
Full Member
Mine didIs it showing up on your downloaded AMCAS application?
volcaniccube13
Full Member
Got the same email and had no issues with any other apps, portal also said my app was complete right after submitting a secondaryHey y'all. Did anyone get this email:
I thought PREview scores through the AAMC were automatically sent to AMCAS programs?
View attachment 411678
Knowing my luck it's prob because we are already waiting in the R pile.Am curious, why are some of us getting that email and others (such as myself) are not (o_o')
For context, I haven't received an II, haha.
cbasco02
Full Member
It ain't over 'til it's over, my friend! No need to be an optimist, but don't be so quick to reject yourself either. You worked hard, be proud of that.Knowing my luck it's prob because we are already waiting in the R pile.
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
I'll go ahead and write them back and see what's going on.Am curious, why are some of us getting that email and others (such as myself) are not (o_o')
For context, I haven't received an II, haha.
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Thee who has lost hope has lost the plot.Knowing my luck it's prob because we are already waiting in the R pile.
Be kind to yourself.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wolfgang-M
Full Member
Somebody got waitlisted according to Admit.
On Oct 30th of this year, somebody got the A email at around 2:30 pm PST. I THINK that the day is not over, boys and gals. I think we will see a couple more today.
On Oct 30th of this year, somebody got the A email at around 2:30 pm PST. I THINK that the day is not over, boys and gals. I think we will see a couple more today.
I really hope soSomebody got waitlisted according to Admit.
On Oct 30th of this year, somebody got the A email at around 2:30 pm PST. I THINK that the day is not over, boys and gals. I think we will see a couple more today.
googlecalendar
Full Member
or what if we they are looking at your app closely to potentially offer you an interview 🙂 nobody knows, we just wait, no use losing hopeKnowing my luck it's prob because we are already waiting in the R pile.
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
or what if we they are looking at your app closely to potentially offer you an interview 🙂 nobody knows, we just wait, no use losing hope
googlecalendar
Full Member
any info? :0I'll go ahead and write them back and see what's going on.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K