2025-2026 UCLA (Geffen)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

When I got the email I just sent them my score report immediately, and they responded about an hour ago and said they’d manually upload it to my profile for full consideration this cycle… which makes me think maybe it wasn’t a glitch? 🤷‍♀️
I responded within 20 minutes and this is what they said:
1763196941847.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when UCLA stops sending interview invites out? I know they stop actual interviewing in march, but after what month would the hopes of getting an invite be nil?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
welp i was a prime applicant so i guess time to give up :') i saw last year they sent all interviews out at once but maybe they're different this year
 
welp i was a prime applicant so i guess time to give up :') i saw last year they sent all interviews out at once but maybe they're different this year
haven't read any past threads - but i wouldn't give up. the prime dates they gave us aren't for a very long time, so maybe they could send things out before then!

does anyone have any statistics on the post II prime rate?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most decisions are released January-March even for early interviewees!
I saw you're a M1 - curious if you know anything about the loan/finaid situation at UCLA with BBB. Heard finaid is terrible, and this school is super expensive. Do you think you would make the same choice in the current situation, and know if things will be better coming up?

Sorry for kinda putting you on the spot - hope you like UCLA!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received a PRIME II but not a traditional II

I'm the opposite. Applied PRIME and received a traditional II but not PRIME. I suppose they are independent processes altogether. It is odd to me that you could be interviewed for one and not the other, though. What if you don't want to do PRIME but you get in only through PRIME? Conversely, what if you've been accepted as a traditional MD student and want to be considered PRIME later down the line?
 
What if you don't want to do PRIME but you get in only through PRIME?
In this situation, PRIME usually makes a convincing case that they want you and so traditional DGSOM says ok.
Conversely, what if you've been accepted as a traditional MD student and want to be considered PRIME later down the line?
In this situation, you'll be a traditional DGSOM student. You won't be considered for PRIME in the future while you're a student, but you're free to get involved in all things community or urban health-related in other ways.
 
I saw you're a M1 - curious if you know anything about the loan/finaid situation at UCLA with BBB. Heard finaid is terrible, and this school is super expensive. Do you think you would make the same choice in the current situation, and know if things will be better coming up?

Sorry for kinda putting you on the spot - hope you like UCLA!!
Hi! BBB hasn’t made a difference for my class and I think they carved out special exemptions for Med/Law. Financial aid isn’t great, but it was still cheaper than my private school options. Unfortunately all programs are super expensive except for Einstein, NYU, Hopkins, etc. Good luck to all!