2025-2026 UC Davis

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted secondary August 10. UC Davis alumni but moved to the Bay Area this year. I am a urm applicant with above median stats for Davis. worked for UCD for a year after graduation. Honestly, I thought I would get an Interview from them but not yet. Should I email out to them to express my interset or just wait?
Their admissions website says that they don't accept any updates so I'm guessing that includes letters of interest.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Davis is not OOS friendly (hell not even outside northern California friendly), so I would not bank on a secondary unless you have ties to the area.
I do have close family ties in the area but it is just not obvious on my primary application so I was hoping for a secondary
 
I do have close family ties in the area but it is just not obvious on my primary application so I was hoping for a secondary
Family ties don't really count unless you yourself lived in the NorCal region. Either way, until you are rejected you have a shot. Davis sends secondaries late into the cycle.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m tempted to call them from a random number I have lots of ties/lived NorCal for years am in state no secondary still like plz they didn’t give me one last year either augh
 
IMG_9740.JPG
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know of someone who has received a secondary this far into the cycle? Come from rural NorCal and still haven't received one 😓
Same here. I am a Davis Alumni and local resident. Still have not received the secondary. I emailed them in October; they said UC Davis does secondary application screening between July and January. I did not receive a secondary or a rejection email. Should I contact them again or take this as a silent rejection?
1765646932454.png