2025-2026 UC Irvine

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for this question, is it okay if we write about something more personally meaningful vs like physical accomplishments like research or awards? it feels more authentic to write about personal things, but im not sure if adcoms is expecting like an academic/research/extracurricular thing here
I’m not an Adcom but I think this is a great idea.
 
PRIME-LC Rejection +1 IS (still under consideration for the regular MD program) but damn.
1756154445390.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else receive II not able to schedule?
Yeah, I signed the two forms yesterday, right after I received the invite but I dont see anywhere to schedule the actual day. I'm assuming they are going to send another email once they have processed our agreements?
 
Can anyone with an II clarify the interview format for UCI? The SDN UCI interview page shows traditional questions, but I also see notes about UCI using an MMI format and Kira talent
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I reapplied last year. I never got the primary receive email nor a secondary and when I logged into the secondary portal, it still shows last year's. Is anyone else in my boat?
 
Congrats! Do you mind sharing ur LM?
Thank you! LM 69, but I think an application is so much more. I am a nontraditional student and first generation immigrant. I know grades and scores are important, but believe in your story and your journey to medicine! I wish you a very successful cycle!
 
"Have demonstrated the potential to work with under-resourced communities."

I have many more experiences than just this, but do you guys think that scribing in an emergency department that serves predominantly low-income/minority populations is something I should talk about?
No, scribing is more about working with the physician. I don’t know any scribes that actually interact with patients in depth. Don’t dilute the rest of your experiences imo
 
in my scribe job I had a fair bit of meaningful patient contact but mine was in an outpatient clinic and I would see the same patients a lot of the time when I worked there.
No, scribing is more about working with the physician. I don’t know any scribes that actually interact with patients in depth. Don’t dilute the rest of your experiences imo
Could swing either way imo
 
If most of our community activities were through school, should we list them as school? Just worried because if I do that, I will have nothing under "community"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a secondary immediately last year and I still haven't gotten one. I can only hope this means they're doing things differently this cycle since they switched to AMP, especially since I got a secondary from UCSF, which I didn't get last year.
 
Anyone knows how heavily the Kira assessment weighs? 😅 I don’t even remember the questions or what I said and hope I didn’t totally ruin my chances.
 
Do you know why UCI II in Sept but gave an actual interview date until Jan 2026?
Mine was the same...there was only one date available, and it was in January. Someone posted on 9/9 that they only had interview dates in December.

I was concerned about how this affects chances of acceptance with rolling admissions and others interviewing through the end of 2025, but I am trying to ignore this since I can't change my date :')
 
If I'm correct, based on applying this year and last year, UCI's Med AdCom is efficient at picking applicants early for II. Still, they space out their interviews to go into the spring.
 
if anyone has interviewed, how was the vibe?
Everyone was super friendly. It makes it hard if you get rejected, because I truly loved the students here.

Edit: They do an excellent job screening, because even those who were interviewing with me had the same vibe. It could be the California vibe in general, as most were in-state.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad