2025-2026 UC San Diego

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I am also wondering how to answer a "meaningful experience" prompt in under 100 characters. Best I can do is 400.
From my understanding, it is more of a basic description from that experience, the real review comes from the letter you link to it. (This is just my opinion and not canon advice).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone repeated small details from your primary application in the secondary? I feel like it's bound to happen, but they said a repeat is unacceptable so I'm not sure what is okay
 
Has anyone repeated small details from your primary application in the secondary? I feel like it's bound to happen, but they said a repeat is unacceptable so I'm not sure what is okay
Your story to medicine (PS) is going to resemble an autobiographical sketch by nature. They just don’t want you to copy and paste entire chunks from your PS into it.
 
does the 2-week recommendation to submit the secondary not matter since they give a month deadline?
 
Should I be concerned if I haven’t gotten a secondary yet? My app was verified before when they got sent out on 6/27. I am OOS. ☹
 
What the emoticon is this
Cat GIF
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@wao2221 The SDN phone app isn't functioning well with our site any longer.
Go ahead and delete it from your phone and use a regular browser or Tapatalk app to post -
Thank you
Thank you for the heads up, will do
 
how about not pushing the boundary and doing it before the deadline day?
Thank you, I was simply confirming since UCLA states exactly the time stamp the email was sent, while UCSD states 11:59 PT. I just wanted to get some clarification on the differences between the two, since I thought I had missed the deadline last night.
 
has anyone with a sub 506 mcat score received a secondary? i thought they were mcat blind but i heard they screen for at least a 3.7 gpa and 506 mcat to receive a secondary?
 
has anyone with a sub 506 mcat score received a secondary? i thought they were mcat blind but i heard they screen for at least a 3.7 gpa and 506 mcat to receive a secondary?
I got exactly a 506 on the MCAT. My GPA is less than the screening GPA you mentioned, but I'm also a non-traditional applicant with many hours working as an ER PA. Zero research though. Got a secondary two days after submitting primaries.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone with a sub 506 mcat score received a secondary? i thought they were mcat blind but i heard they screen for at least a 3.7 gpa and 506 mcat to receive a secondary?
My gpa is a lot less than 3.7 and I have a 507 MCAT. I’m non trad though with years of nursing experience so that may have helped me get a secondary
 
II hold OOS bummer /: I thought I would be a good fit for their prime EQ program but i guess not. Goodluck everyone else!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad