You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
premeddddd122
Full Member
I was also complete in july and only got a secondary received email. It said that we’d receive a follow up email if we get an interview so I’m assuming they don’t send out under review emailsDo they send an “under review” email? I submitted and was complete early July but never received an email stating I was under review
D
deleted1216180
I didn't either but I don't think they do.Do they send an “under review” email? I submitted and was complete early July but never received an email stating I was under review
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
CA resident still no secondary
smoney1178
Full Member
LM??OOS II! complete 7/20
77LM??
IS II
LM 71
Complete 7/26
LM 71
Complete 7/26
Last edited:
premeddddd122
Full Member
I was complete 7/14 and have not heard anything back, does anyone have any success stories on being selected to interview later than those who were complete after you? Or are they just waiting to send out bulk rejections
Dude it is literally September… schools do not review in order and UCLA interviews until like April. ChillI was complete 7/14 and have not heard anything back, does anyone have any success stories on being selected to interview later than those who were complete after you? Or are they just waiting to send out bulk rejections
Yup will second the above. We are interviewing until January with an equal number of interview dates each month. It is much too early to tell if you're out of the running at this point.
I also did not interview "early" on during my cycle, and things worked out fine.
I also did not interview "early" on during my cycle, and things worked out fine.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tennis4217
Full Member
Hi everyone. I added UCLA to my AMCAS application weeks ago and haven't received a secondary. How long did it take for you guys to get a secondary?
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
i applied first day apps opened CA resident and no secondaryHi everyone. I added UCLA to my AMCAS application weeks ago and haven't received a secondary. How long did it take for you guys to get a secondary?
Current UCLA M1. Almost everyone in my class interviewed in November-January with a heavy over representation of January interviewees. Haven't met a single August or September interviewee in my class.
Whew! Good thing I'm interviewing in October. The twilight zone.
👽smoney1178
Full Member
My MCAT is 504 and I got a secondary! I haven’t gotten an II though ☹️Has anyone below a 505 MCAT received a secondary? I am thinking about retaking my MCAT and just applying here next cycle. I am currently in this cycle but wanted to add UCLA and just wasn't sure if it was worth applying at this point.
Yes, and I got my secondary the same day my primary was verified. No II, but holding hope (I submitted my secondary last week). Good luck!Has anyone below a 505 MCAT received a secondary? I am thinking about retaking my MCAT and just applying here next cycle. I am currently in this cycle but wanted to add UCLA and just wasn't sure if it was worth applying at this point.
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
damn ucla must hate me i got a higher mcat, ca resident and no secondaryYes, and I got my secondary the same day my primary was verified. No II, but holding hope (I submitted my secondary last week). Good luck!
shortienova
Full Member
+1 IS II for Traditional MD, LM 78, submitted 7/10
Having last minute thoughts: Is it worth applying to UCLA this late (sending my primary)?
If you’re a strong mission fit, URM, and/or don’t need 150$ it’s never too late.Having last minute thoughts: Is it worth applying to UCLA this late (sending my primary)?
Thanks for motivating me: applied today, +1 SecondaryIf you’re a strong mission fit, URM, and/or don’t need 150$ it’s never too late.
Last edited:
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
that is crazy. I applied first day apps opened and no secondary, also CA resident.Thanks for motivating me: applied today, +1 Secondary
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
anyone else not receive a secondary? this is the only UC school who hasn't.
I submitted my primary in July, but I retook MCAT 8/22 and indicated on AMCAS so some schools held my app till I got my score back this week. I emailed UCLA and they said they have my new score as of this week, also CA resident, but yea no secondary yet for me eitheranyone else not receive a secondary? this is the only UC school who hasn't.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do yall think the next wave of IIs will be?
I'm interviewing mid October, and those were new dates added when I scheduled. My guess is that they will probably open a date or two in November before the holidays, so keep the faith! We're all gonna make it
Go Bruins!Thanks for the info @polymerization! Really appreciate it. Hopefully we get the A 🙂I'm interviewing mid October, and those were new dates added when I scheduled. My guess is that they will probably open a date or two in November before the holidays, so keep the faith! We're all gonna make itGo Bruins!
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
May be safe to assume you’ve been screened. Sorry, friendanyone else not receive a secondary? this is the only UC school who hasn't.
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
yikes, does ucla emphasize something i didn't have?May be safe to assume you’ve been screened. Sorry, friend
![]()
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
No one here can really say for sure. I haven’t seen anyone reach out for an explanation from them, but you could perhaps email and ask for some possible reasons.yikes, does ucla emphasize something i didn't have?
Tentative list: institutional action, lower stats (especially if you’re OOS), low/no community service, clinical hours, shadowing, or research, red flag in essays, etc.
Although you may have nome of those red flags and just got unlucky 🙁
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
yes I have none of thoseNo one here can really say for sure. I haven’t seen anyone reach out for an explanation from them, but you could perhaps email and ask for some possible reasons.
Tentative list: institutional action, lower stats (especially if you’re OOS), low/no community service, clinical hours, shadowing, or research, red flag in essays, etc.
Although you may have nome of those red flags and just got unlucky 🙁
I mean at this point it couldn't hurt to send a gentle followup to clarify if it was a mistake or overlooked.yes I have none of those
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
i suspect other factors might be at play but f it we ballI mean at this point it couldn't hurt to send a gentle followup to clarify if it was a mistake or overlooked.
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
Such as?👀i suspect other factors might be at play but f it we ball
Skimmed your posts and saw you got a 506 — if I had to guess, I’d say that’s the culprit tbh. UCLA’s 10th percentile MCAT is around 505-506yes I have none of those
Last edited:
UCLA is very mission driven, if you have questions regarding this mission refer to their online materials.yikes, does ucla emphasize something i didn't have?
I would not do this, they have your application, it was not overlooked, all it will do is put pressure on them to make a decision and you won’t want what that decision will be under those circumstances.I mean at this point it couldn't hurt to send a gentle followup to clarify if it was a mistake or overlooked.
Check cycle track or admit.org for how late people received/submitted secondaries. Usually when asking for app updates they give the generic “your app is still under review” no matter what. I think if you call you should ask when they stop sending out secondaries, that might give you more insight but i also don’t think there is anything wrong with asking for app updates? They just never give any valuable info on where you actually stand 😭i suspect other factors might be at play but f it we ball
biiigdreamer
New Member
Does anyone one know when LORs are due for DGSOM? I know the primary is due Oct 1, but I'm confused on if the LORs are due then too. One of my letter writers hasn't submitted yet and I'm really nervous for them to make the deadline.
On their website, they say that they participate in AMCAS, and since AMCAS's primary deadline is 10/1, I think it's safe to assume they want everything done by then. However, I'm not sure, so maybe sending DGSOM an email for clarification can help. Regardless, hopefully your letter writer can turn it in soon.Does anyone one know when LORs are due for DGSOM? I know the primary is due Oct 1, but I'm confused on if the LORs are due then too. One of my letter writers hasn't submitted yet and I'm really nervous for them to make the deadline.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The deadline for supporting documents ( like secondaries, letters, and SJTs) is usually a bit after the primary app deadline.On their website, they say that they participate in AMCAS, and since AMCAS's primary deadline is 10/1, I think it's safe to assume they want everything done by then. However, I'm not sure, so maybe sending DGSOM an email for clarification can help. Regardless, hopefully your letter writer can turn it in soon.
Let’s not spread misinformation
matted_chinchilla
Full Member
MeowThe deadline for supporting documents ( like secondaries, letters, and SJTs) is usually a bit after the primary app deadline.
Let’s not spread misinformation
OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!+1 OOS II eeeek! 😭 ❤️
Secondary submitted 7/13, LM = 75
medluma
Full Member
THANK YOU!! CONGRATS ON KAISER!! (me lurking lol)OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K