You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medappcrashout
Full Member
+1 IS II on Tuesday! Submitted 8/28 MY TOP CHOICE I'm over the moon!!
babysloth123
Full Member
Hi, friend! I wouldn't worry too much (I interviewed mid-sept too). From what I can find, those admitted so far this cycle interviewed in August and were very few in quantity. Also, looking at last year's thread, mid-September applicants heard back mid-November (might be different this year but good to know! lowk this year is feeling veryy slowwww for the UCs). Importantly, some people who interviewed early last year and DIDN'T hear back when their peers did still got the A in January (unlike at other schools like Kaiser where if you don't hear back chronologically, it's very likely a WL/R).when does ucla send decisions? I interviewed in sep and im stressing 🙃 i was expecting to get something soon
There is still hope. I am sure we will see some movement soon! Fingers crossed for all of us. 🙂
lebronjames124
Full Member
thanks bro, i hope i get something soon! Waiting is the hardest part for me!Hi, friend! I wouldn't worry too much (I interviewed mid-sept too). From what I can find, those admitted so far this cycle interviewed in August and were very few in quantity. Also, looking at last year's thread, mid-September applicants heard back mid-November (might be different this year but good to know! lowk this year is feeling veryy slowwww for the UCs). Importantly, some people who interviewed early last year and DIDN'T hear back when their peers did still got the A in January (unlike at other schools like Kaiser where if you don't hear back chronologically, it's very likely a WL/R).
There is still hope. I am sure we will see some movement soon! Fingers crossed for all of us. 🙂
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
CA resident pre secondary rejection
rettygologama
Full Member
Does Geffen review secondaries in order?
TheRagingNeuron123
Full Member
Hard to say, but I submitted 7/11 and received an interview 10/7. I saw ppl get interviews way earlier and submitted a couple weeks after me, so maybe they don't review in order. I'm also OOS so maybe that played into it.Does Geffen review secondaries in order?
how long did ucla take to release decisions? if i'm interviewing mid-november, is there a chance to hear back before the new year
happyplace333
Full Member
how far r they in their cycle? halfway?
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
I am a CA resident with <70 LM score and got rejected without a secondary
Why does UCLA have no statistics on their websites in terms of people interviewed and accepted?
Why are the numbers on MSAR numbers so different from other sources in google (google gemini, mededits etc).
Why are the numbers on MSAR numbers so different from other sources in google (google gemini, mededits etc).
I would not use AI or third party resources as actual sources. MSAR is the most accurate when it comes to stats, even though it fails to provide overall acceptance numbers. You can get an estimate of those from admit.Why are the numbers on MSAR numbers so different from other sources in google (google gemini, mededits etc).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Admit is using MSAR.I would not use AI or third party resources as actual sources. MSAR is the most accurate when it comes to stats, even though it fails to provide overall acceptance numbers. You can get an estimate of those from admit.
Without looking at MSAR - does anyone know how many people UCLA routinely interviews? Is the total combined for two campuses?
There are discrepancies still between the two with some programs, at which case it is best to go with MSAR.Admit is using MSAR.
Where are you expecting people to be pulling this data from if not MSAR? If you want different numbers feel free to ask gemini or chat and they will fabricate made up numbers for you.Without looking at MSAR - does anyone know how many people UCLA routinely interviews? Is the total combined for two campuses?
Gemini and mededits are stating 1000+ interviews. UCLA seems to have decided to hide everything unless they never publish.There are discrepancies still between the two with some programs, at which case it is best to go with MSAR.
Where are you expecting people to be pulling this data from if not MSAR? If you want different numbers feel free to ask gemini or chat and they will fabricate made up numbers for you.
Some schools are more transparent than others. Though, I’m not sure I’d trust AI for those numbers. I guess my question would be, would it make you feel better if you knew the numbers? Or would it not change the process? I think either way there it can add unnecessary stress.Gemini and mededits are stating 1000+ interviews. UCLA seems to have decided to hide everything unless they never publish.
No, their numbers are taken off of MSAR and are reported by the schools themselves.UCLA seems to have decided to hide everything unless they never publish.
Though, I’m not sure I’d trust AI for those numbers.
Side note: AI actually has a tendency to make up numbers to fill in gaps and make their information more “complete”. These fake sources then get picked up by other AI searches and the cycle perpetuates of false information. Hence why you need to always fact check it.Gemini and mededits are stating 1000+ interviews.
OOS A by email!! My first A!!!
I'm screaming on your behalf! When did you interview?
Thank you! Interviewed 10/16!I'm screaming on your behalf! When did you interview?
Also interviewed 10/16 but haven't heard back, maybe I'm cooked 😢Thank you! Interviewed 10/16!
shortienova
Full Member
in the same boat 🙁Also interviewed 10/16 but haven't heard back, maybe I'm cooked 😢
lebronjames124
Full Member
congrats! I hope it aint cooked for me i had a mid-sep IIOOS A by email!! My first A!!!
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
I had a mid never II 🙁
cupcakesandrainbows123
New Member
Does UCLA accept update letters? Can anyone provide some insight on this?
babysloth123
Full Member
IS acceptance today (10/30) at 2:30 pm!! Yay!! Call came like 4 minutes after the email! I interviewed Sept 16th and my LM is 75!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
babysloth123
Full Member
Also, on the phone...they did mention that we were part of the first 15 to receive an acceptance...so I am sure there are plenty still coming! Based on last year's data, several people who interviewed early in the season got the A in January, so do not lose hope!
qp2937
Full Member
Thanks so much for letting us know!! I do feel more relieved hearing this 🙂Also, on the phone...they did mention that we were part of the first 15 to receive an acceptance...so I am sure there are plenty still coming! Based on last year's data, several people who interviewed early in the season got the A in January, so do not lose hope!
I'm also curious about this. I got a new MCAT score at the start of September (but after their 9/1 cut off in MSAR) and wondering if its worth it to provide an update.Does UCLA accept update letters? Can anyone provide some insight on this?
Also, is there any indication the file has been reviewed prior to interview invite (or to rejection)?
UCLA in previous cycles did not accept update letters. They just don't look at anything once your file is closed. Not sure if anything has changed for this cycle -- someone might want to ask admissions.Does UCLA accept update letters? Can anyone provide some insight on this?
Thank you -- I will try to make it to office hours if my work schedule permits it!UCLA in previous cycles did not accept update letters. They just don't look at anything once your file is closed. Not sure if anything has changed for this cycle -- someone might want to ask admissions.
premeddddd122
Full Member
Last cycle I submitted a few and asked office hours and they said you’re allowed to upload updates onto the portal but they may never read it because once they go over your app that’s basically itThank you -- I will try to make it to office hours if my work schedule permits it!
nope, submitted earlier than a lot of people who got a II, and only heard back recentlyDo they review apps in chronological order?
You asked this already.Do they review apps in chronological order?
@rettygologama is this your alt?Does being California resident help post interview for this school?
rettygologama
Full Member
Lol no it isn't, but why are you being rude to strangers online? Because I forgot I asked a question earlier? I see from your post history that you're on here very often, I recommend logging off of the pre-med social media websites and getting some fresh air. These sites can make you obsessive and forget how to treat other humans. Best of luck on the rest of your cycle@rettygologama is this your alt?
That was meant as a joke. lol. Sorry if it came off rude.Lol no it isn't, but why are you being rude to strangers online? Because I forgot I asked a question earlier? I see from your post history that you're on here very often, I recommend logging off of the pre-med social media websites and getting some fresh air. These sites can make you obsessive and forget how to treat other humans. Best of luck on the rest of your cycle
I've actually been off for months. Try looking a bit deeper. 😉
This was the most passive aggressive way of trying to take the high ground I’ve ever seen.Lol no it isn't, but why are you being rude to strangers online? Because I forgot I asked a question earlier? I see from your post history that you're on here very often, I recommend logging off of the pre-med social media websites and getting some fresh air. These sites can make you obsessive and forget how to treat other humans. Best of luck on the rest of your cycle
Unfortunately no. LA is one of those places where they know California residents want to be here, and out of state students want to come too. If anything, it used to lower your merit scholarships because they didn't need to convince a California resident to come to LA.Does being California resident help post interview for this school?
Wouldn't that help in state applicants? They didn't ask about scholarships.Unfortunately no. LA is one of those places where they know California residents want to be here, and out of state students want to come too. If anything, it used to lower your merit scholarships because they didn't need to convince a California resident to come to LA.
I doubt UCLA cares about attracting OOS applicans tbh being they're a top school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wouldn't that help in state applicants? They didn't ask about scholarships.
I doubt UCLA cares about attracting OOS applicans tbh being they're a top school.
I disagree. If UCLA sees itself as a national resource, it wants to attract the best and brightest who fit their mission, regardless of where they come from. Naturally, there is only one CA and 49 other states so just statistically, the likelihood that their best mission fits must necessarily come strictly from CA is just factually unreasonable, given that a factor in that calculation is not CA residency.
It makes sense as a heuristic, knowing the plight of the IS CA applicant, to assume they will accept a well-regarded IS option over an OOS school based on tuition fees and relative prestige (against OOS flagships) alone, so why even provide merit scholarships to those students? They are already receiving the "discounted" UC flagship education (thinking primarily about UCSF, UCSD, and UCLA here mostly). It makes sense for them to use that money to attract superstars that are Harvard-bound.
Of course, a public school is still beholden to the community so there will always be a degree of IS bias, but I would venture to guess this class of prestigious public school (Michigan, for example) is going to be turning over this argument in their admissions boardrooms and internal conversations (even if not necessarily in the same words or terms).
lebronjames124
Full Member
I heard OOS students post-II acceptance is slightly higher than instate but i might be wrong
nontradmedic95
35 secondaries submitted, wallet empty.
+1 OOS II LM 69 submitted 8/6
Wolfgang-M
Full Member
How long after your Interview did you get a decision (A,R,WL)?
cheesefries03
Full Member
I have my interview tmr! Any advice?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K