2025-2026 Western Michigan (Stryker)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My advice is to not stress about and answer clearly. The questions arent really anything you can prep for. Just go in and have fun with the questions.
I heard people saying there are weird questions? Or out of the ordinary questions, was that the case for you? (Ik you can't discuss specifics just rlly nervous lol)
 
Thank you so much! Has anyone here already done the phone interview? What kind of questions do they ask or do you have any tips
I did it. I'll be honest, I did not love it. You really can't prep for it outside of standard med school interview questions. If you are prepping for MMI type interviews already, that will be fine for this as well
 
My advice is to not stress about and answer clearly. The questions arent really anything you can prep for. Just go in and have fun with
I did it. I'll be honest, I did not love it. You really can't prep for it outside of standard med school interview questions. If you are prepping for MMI type interviews already, that will be fine for this as well
I also did not love it. I dont think its a great test of how anyone would do in medical school but also what do I know about med school admissions. Ill second that you dont need any prep outside of normal mmi prep or basic med school interview prep.
 
Has anyone heard back about the virtual interview yet? If so, how much time had passed between the phone interview and the virtual interview invite?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What month are they scheduling virtual interviews for for those that received them recently? Do they schedule them a few weeks out from when they send the invite?
 
How long after the phone interview did people hear back about virtual interviews? I had mine a bit over a month ago and haven’t heard anything…wondering if this is a bad sign
 
How long after the phone interview did people hear back about virtual interviews? I had mine a bit over a month ago and haven’t heard anything…wondering if this is a bad sign
It seems like most people in this thread have heard back about 2-3 weeks after? But I read somewhere about someone not getting the virtual II until Spring after doing the phone interview very early...so I'm sure it varies!
 
for MMI type of questions in the phone interview, should we expect more the hypothetical ethical scenario type of MMI questions or more so the ones about us/our past experiences (like "tell me about a time when you...")? or both?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you don’t have a phone Ii and it’s been a while (over two months) consider your app most likely dead barring an update.
 
What are you basing this assessment on?
Went on the time machine and saw in last years thread that people commented about people the year before submitting in July and getting a phone II in November. oogway was in last years thread. so probably based on personal experience
 
Thanks guys! They were only a couple minutes late, but the phone interview was honestly pretty chill to me. Pretty standard interview questions plus some fun ones peppered in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad