All Things UTSW - UT Southwestern!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyWoofDog

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is going to UTSW? I might be, but I had a couple questions that I wanted answered...hopefully theres some UTSW students out there that can help me out. I searched and came across this good thread, but I'd like some more answers

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=446207

1. What is UTSW Like? To be quite honest I hear a lot of bad stories about it being very competitive and overly stressed. No doubt this is due to the grading policy of giving out grades and curving students against each other. How do you like your classmates?

2. About a typical day - how many hours are spent in class? Is there tools like webcast or note taking services? at least having audio? Do you like the curriculum? How many hours are spent in class everyday?

3. How is Dallas?

4. Finally, anything you like/dislike about the school? Please be quite blunt/frank!

Members don't see this ad.

Well I am pre-med, but having been born and bred in Dallas, I can tell you its a reasonably happenin place. UTSW's kind of a ways away, not too far but not exactly in downtown. Basically you have all the sports teams, Stars, Cowboys (soon to be in Arlington), Mavericks. The Dallas Museum of Art is pretty cool if art is your thing; they've got late nights to midnight the 3rd friday every month with free coffee and live music (lol I'm a museum-*****/nerd). Dallas pretty much is your typical big city I suppose, whatever you like to do/see you can probably do/see it here!

Oh, and my pediatrician was from UTSW. Good doctor, said UTSW was a great school and he really enjoyed it, but he didn't say much else (I saw his diploma and asked). Congrats on being accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
So whats the deal with changes in the grading system?

So whats the deal with changes in the grading system?

P/F for first Half of the first year (Biochem,Anatomy,etc). Then regular grades (A,B,B+,C & E - Based on the % cutoffs and not the curves) after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.