Brown or Mt Sinai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charcoal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I fell blessed but have no idea how to choose.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sinai:thumbup: Well done but to most the choice is obviously Sinai if you dont provide us with more information on what you liked about the schools what you are looking for. Thoughts on fit etc..

Without knowing you and what you want Prestige is the simple fall back. Sinai. :laugh: Go class of 2014!

Sinai, unless a love interest is involved. Then, whatever they want. :D

Sinai. It's NYC, come on.

few random thoughts:

Brown is Ivy League and as an institution it is prestigious to the every-day person, but not as prestigious of a medical school, its in rhode island (yikes)

Mt. Sinai: the average person outside of NYC will not have heard of it but has a really good reputation in medicine, take home exams is a plus, its in NYC

I would personally choose Mt. Sinai but definitely wait for financial aid

Thanks everyone! I guess I have no sense of which is fancier and was interested in knowing which one people would navigate towards without context. I liked both. I found the people at both to be interesting and both to have less than stellar facilities.

I don't really care about NYC one way or the other --I love cities but tend towards the mid-sized cities anyhow. Plus, my long-time BF and I both live in Boston.

barring any big cost issues, sinai is a whole tier above brown.

Thanks everyone! I guess I have no sense of which is fancier and was interested in knowing which one people would navigate towards without context. I liked both. I found the people at both to be interesting and both to have less than stellar facilities.

I don't really care about NYC one way or the other --I love cities but tend towards the mid-sized cities anyhow. Plus, my long-time BF and I both live in Boston.

For undergrad, Brown is probably the best place on earth. For med school, there are better schools.

Sinai's technically better-ranked, but Brown's not too shabby in that respect. While I can't comment too much on Sinai, it seems that Brown attracts an extremely nice student body, and Providence is a cute town with easy proximity to Boston. If you and/or your SO feel strongly about staying in the Boston area, Brown is a pretty great option to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.