2021-2022 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don’t know last cycle was pretty wack and delayed because of COVID too. So we really just have no good baseline.
Also there was at least one outright acceptance last year in March: 2020-2021 Mt. Sinai (Icahn). It might not be a huge wave but I think there's still a chance, they also might have been more conservative with A's given it was the first year of virtual interviewing, and now they kinda know what to expect? Either way, can't wait for more waiting...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Should everyone who was deferred in January expect to hear back today?

Also there was at least one outright acceptance last year in March: 2020-2021 Mt. Sinai (Icahn). It might not be a huge wave but I think there's still a chance, they also might have been more conservative with A's given it was the first year of virtual interviewing, and now they kinda know what to expect? Either way, can't wait for more waiting...
I interviewed Feb 11 and they said we were likely to hear mid march so there are definitely more acceptances coming.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you were deferred, would you all recommend sending a letter of interest? Or would it be best to send one after getting waitlisted?

Does Sinai reject post-interview prior to March? Or is it just a long wait :/

• Hmm
fyi for admitted students, if you guys go to the admissions offer tab, there is now a link to the class of 2026 facebook group :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
For people sending LOIs and/or updates, did you just upload to the portal, or did you email admissions to let them know?

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo WL next or they still have some A's to dish us out :)

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Did admissions tell you when you should expect to hear back? They told us mid march. Could be next Friday of the Friday after
Anyone deferred was just told in an email “we will be sending acceptance letters on a regular basis between now and March at which time we will form our waitlist.”

In the past the last wave of decisions was 3/19/21 (Friday) and 3/28/20 (Saturday) — it feels really late so I wasn’t expecting to hear from them until 3/18/22 or even 3/25/22.

• Care
Anyone deferred was just told in an email “we will be sending acceptance letters on a regular basis between now and March at which time we will form our waitlist.”

In the past the last wave of decisions was 3/19/21 (Friday) and 3/28/20 (Saturday) — it feels really late so I wasn’t expecting to hear from them until 3/18/22 or even 3/25/22.
According to MSAR they will send out waitlist decisions by March 15, so if they stick to their Friday theme we could be hearing back next Friday? Or maybe they'll wait til the 15th? Or maybe they wont adhere to that timeline at all since its not binding lol

Does this last wave of decisions include potential As? Or only Rs/WL?

Does this last wave of decisions include potential As? Or only Rs/WL?
It included acceptances and waitlists. I don’t think they really reject people post-II. Their process is semi-rolling and includes 3 waves. The one coming up is the last wave.

Sinai is my top choice and has been my dream to go there for years. My heart was broken when I got deferred in January. My absolute dream is to live in Manhattan because of how diverse it is and have that city life especially in my 20s but it seems like that chance is so slim now :( . I've been wanting to go to Sinai since being a freshman in college. I wrote a letter of interest to them a couple weeks ago but seems like I am going to get waitlisted at this point. I want to write a letter of intent to Sinai if I get waitlisted. How do I articulate how passionate I am about going to Sinai? I have another acceptance to a similar level school, which I am grateful for but Sinai is definitely my top choice. Would it help if I mention that I will withdraw my acceptance if I get in?

Sinai is my top choice and has been my dream to go there for years. My heart was broken when I got deferred in January. My absolute dream is to live in Manhattan because of how diverse it is and have that city life especially in my 20s but it seems like that chance is so slim now :( . I've been wanting to go to Sinai since being a freshman in college. I wrote a letter of interest to them a couple weeks ago but seems like I am going to get waitlisted at this point. I want to write a letter of intent to Sinai if I get waitlisted. How do I articulate how passionate I am about going to Sinai? I have another acceptance to a similar level school, which I am grateful for but Sinai is definitely my top choice. Would it help if I mention that I will withdraw my acceptance if I get in?
That’s what a letter of intent is. If you send an LOI, you are saying you will withdraw your acceptance from other schools if you get in. imo specifically stating your other acceptances can easily be read the wrong way, even if you are saying you’d withdraw your app from the other.

If you want to send an LOI once you’re on the waitlist, I’d do some research of how many people get off the waitlist, especially if they waitlist everyone rather than sending any post-II rejections. Also your letter of intent should include examples of your fit in their school and what you’d bring into it. I get and see your love for it, but I think the letter should dig deeper. Why since you were a freshman in college have they been your top choice?

Has anyone gotten a financial aid package? When should we expect to have those by? Thanks!

Just received my financial aid package. Accepted in January

Do we think todays the day for the last wave of acceptances?

• Wow
Does anyone know what time acceptances have gone out in the past? need to mentally prepare myself

Does anyone know what time acceptances have gone out in the past? need to mentally prepare myself
When they came out two Fridays ago it was something like 10:30AM

Edit: I just got an unrelated email but when it popped up on my screen I had such an intense rush of nausea lol

• Care
lowkey feel like itll be next friday but maybe theyll prove me wrong

The first round of decisions in January was late in the day - about 4:30pm

Nothing last Friday so I guess it HAS to be this Friday? 😬

MSAR says that WL notifications will be sent out by March 15th, so maybe tomorrow will be the day? But MSAR has been wrong many times before, so shrug
I doubt it because there are still a whole batch of interviewees who have yet to hear back and it seems all decisions are typically on Fridays--- but I totally could be wrong

LOL what if we don't hear back today either

Last edited:
  • Hmm
  • Sad
It's a possibility considering it is match day. Perhaps they are busy?
My guess is the decisions were finalized at least by yesterday, but much more likely that it was earlier than that. At this point their admissions office just has a button to push, then all emails will automatically get sent. So I think (and hope) match day doesn't effect them getting back to us today

I was deferred in Feb and don’t have any As yet and Icahn is a top choice for me… if anyone else is stressed real bad I’m with you!!! Keep ur head up! It’s a crazy cycle this year but not over yet !!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
A today! Deferred back in January. Definitely wasn’t expecting this

• Love
Reactions: 3 users